Totoka River the weather ain't the way it was before
she was a forest fire by design
68 Posts
Ooc — vae
"A Scout," she parroted the word back to Aiolos thoughtfully, considering the job title and how she thought it might suit the Emperor. "That is surprising, if only because - where I am from - those who ascend to leadership are groomed for the role." Certain wolves, borne of specific blood, partook in a warrior ceremony known as the Conclave.  The wolf who survived to the end was the next Heda, or Commander.  Natshana never had to worry about this process.  She did not have the blood necessary to be considered, nor did she want to.  She was content to follow and skate below the radar, so to speak.  She heard more when others believed that she was ordinary.

"I should refine what meager fighting skills I have," she confessed to him with an amused smile. "If you ever hold such training sessions again, I would like to attend." Despite her occupation, she knew that she needed to be able to defend herself.  She loathed to think that she required the protection of another wolf, but she also wasn't so proud that she didn't recognize her very basic abilities.  At the end of the day, she was a wolf.  Wolves had teeth and a powerful bite.  She knew how to utilize that and to use her speed to attempt to evade enemies.  Beyond that, her technique needed to be seriously refined.

"Both," she said as her eyes wandered the riverside. "I doubt we will find any Coltsfoot as it blooms best in the spring, but if you see any flowers that resemble dandelions but smell differently, let me know." Pausing for a time, she ran over her mental notes, "We will find fennel, I hope. They appear as thin, spiky leaves that look like webs. The last of the feverfew will be growing, too. They look like daisies but smell sharper." She went on to tell him about marigold and watermint, and how there could be the final remnants of those herbs, too.
Messages In This Thread
the weather ain't the way it was before - by Natshana - December 09, 2020, 09:03 PM
RE: the weather ain't the way it was before - by Aiolos - December 09, 2020, 10:16 PM
RE: the weather ain't the way it was before - by Natshana - December 21, 2020, 08:29 PM
RE: the weather ain't the way it was before - by Aiolos - January 05, 2021, 02:22 PM