Duskfire Glacier With a little bit of luck
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
I apologize if I don't make very fast replies. This thread was just too good to pass up :D

The frantic sound of bird squawks broke the stillness of the morning, and Malachi, perched upon one of the outcropping rocks at the mountain's base, felt all his senses rise. The sudden commotion snapped his thoughts to the lynx and he leapt to his paws, ready to dash in the direction of the sound. But then he heard the inviting howl of his packmate sounding from the direction of the screeching birds and he felt his fur lie flat, though the thought of the cat still troubled his mind.

The lighthearted nature of his packmate's voice stood in stark contrast to the tension he'd felt since encountering the lynx on the far side of the territory earlier that moon, and he found her offer hard to pass up. He'd spent more time looking for the wild cat than he had with his packmates, and he could not deny that the search had taken a toll on him. He felt exhaused and drained, and her invitation tempted him with a momentary escape he couldn't resist.

It did not take Malachi long to find her, or at least the flock of birds that fell prey to her games. The lean male hunkered down and searched for her with his senses. At first he could find nothing over the heavy avian odor, but then his eyes fell upon a golden shape moving slowly toward the flock's rear. A sideways smile crossed his mouth and he followed suit, approaching the birds from their opposite side and pausing as she paused, waiting for her ambush. They'd lead a double attack, one from each side. The smile grew across his face and he lowered his brows as he calculated his path of attack. With both their charges, the birds wouldn't know what hit them.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
With a little bit of luck - by Danica RIP - September 26, 2014, 08:41 PM
RE: With a little bit of luck - by Malachi - September 28, 2014, 12:30 PM
RE: With a little bit of luck - by Danica RIP - September 28, 2014, 10:29 PM
RE: With a little bit of luck - by Malachi - October 02, 2014, 02:53 PM
RE: With a little bit of luck - by Danica RIP - October 10, 2014, 10:38 PM
RE: With a little bit of luck - by Malachi - October 19, 2014, 11:08 AM
RE: With a little bit of luck - by Danica RIP - October 24, 2014, 06:26 PM
RE: With a little bit of luck - by Malachi - October 26, 2014, 03:01 PM
RE: With a little bit of luck - by Danica RIP - October 27, 2014, 07:44 PM