Neverwinter Forest lxxiii. when my working day is over
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
OOC: If anything needs to be edited, let me know! <3

In the final days of the painter's pregnancy, Keyni kept closer than usual. It was rare to find her far from her side. She kept watch over Lote, assisting her with preparing the den in which her newest children would be born. With Kukutux, she lent aid in gathering herbs, so they would be ready for use when the day finally came.

And come it did. She recognized the signs from many a time before. Symptoms which she was not familiar with on a personal level. She consoled her sister, offering her a steady shoulder to lean on and a calm presence to try and soothe her nerves. She prayed to the stars for a smooth birth, for mother and children.

Outside of the den, Keyni paced until her legs ached. Then rested, evading sleep like a guardian to what was most precious within. Cries reached her ears, labored breaths. The smell of blood. Lote's voice, anguished. Sobbing. Her heart twisted, nearly stopping. Ears fanning back, she uttered but a single, low whine. Delicately, with the touch as gentle as butterfly wings, she wrapped the girl of eternal slumber in the finest pelt of a young rabbit. The silvery white fur resembling purity. Paired with it to represent the same, was a lily flower she placed tenderly on their crown. After her duty was done in silence, she returned to find sounds of life breaking from the den. She sat by, bowing her head in silent thanks.
Messages In This Thread
lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Lótë - May 13, 2022, 12:52 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Keyni - May 13, 2022, 01:34 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Kukutux - May 13, 2022, 03:27 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Makan - May 13, 2022, 03:42 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Fjall - May 13, 2022, 11:36 PM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Shikoba - May 16, 2022, 10:12 AM
RE: lxxiii. when my working day is over - by Lótë - May 22, 2022, 04:36 AM