Redhawk Caldera Glistening through your fussed blows careen your caldera
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When Fox leaned into him, Peregrine welcomed it by nuzzling the tip of one fiery ear. He looked around to see Lasher sidle up on his other side. He drank in the scenery in silence. Peregrine wondered what he thought but didn't press Lasher to share his thoughts just yet. They'd only just arrived, after all.

"It sort of is," he agreed with his mate. "I smelled some deer on the way up here. I bet they're plentiful on the slopes, as well as the plateau over there. Did you notice it?" His eyes glittered as they fixed on her face. She must know that the plateau would appeal to him more than almost anything else.

"The lake's pretty but... these slopes are steep. I wonder if the water's high right now," Peregrine mused, looking out over the sapphire waters. "It has been a rainy summer. Maybe if it recedes, there will be more of a shoreline." He licked his lips. "If we liked this place, we'd have to claim the entire mountain and its base in order to establish a sustainable territory."

He caught Fox's eye again. This was the first time he'd gone as far as hypotheticals. In spite of himself, Peregrine was imagining the home he could make here. He felt enthralled and guilty all at once. If they did this, really did it, it would be quite an undertaking. And although he knew the plateau would be in good hands no matter who took the reigns, the thought of leaving his home of nearly a year still made his throat tighten.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Glistening through your fussed blows careen your caldera - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 02, 2014, 05:25 PM