Redhawk Caldera Nature trail to hell
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine swallowed but otherwise remained still and silent as Blue Willow launched into a chiding speech. Although it was never pleasant to be reprimanded, he didn't interrupt her, protest or make any other effort to defend himself. He heard her out, letting her finish before he finally spoke in turn.

"I'm sorry, Willow, there wasn't time to take anyone aside. Too many of you are special to me; it would've taken ages to inform everyone personally and I had to get back here to help Fox. I know it sucked and I really am sorry." He couldn't say that enough. "All the pups but Ty left the plateau. And if my children are old enough to leave me, then I am old enough to leave them. Leaving is not the same as abandoning, in my opinion. And I left her and her sister in good hands, didn't I? Just like their mother did when she left." As far as he knew, nobody had loathed Hawkeye for seeking greener pastures, though he didn't linger on the subject.

Peregrine paused for a few beats to gather his thoughts, then continued, "I'm sorry that everyone's having a hard time but who, if anyone, should matter the most to me but my mate, who will soon be the mother of my children? Yes, we were selfish to do this but I did what was in the best interests of myself, my mate, our relationship and our family. That doesn't mean I don't feel bad for the impact it had on others. I do. I definitely do. I wish there had been a way to make everyone happy. But the thing is," he finished, "you can never please everyone, so you have to do what's best for you. You know?"

His eyes were soft as he regarded her, his head tilted. He hoped that explaining to Blue Willow would help her understand and come to terms with the situation. He didn't want to make excuses — he knew he had not handled things ideally — but he did want to shed some light on the matter.
Messages In This Thread
Nature trail to hell - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 04, 2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Blue Willow - October 04, 2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 04, 2014, 05:02 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Blue Willow - October 04, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 04, 2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Blue Willow - October 04, 2014, 05:29 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 04, 2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Blue Willow - October 04, 2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 04, 2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Blue Willow - October 04, 2014, 06:48 PM
RE: Nature trail to hell - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 04, 2014, 07:32 PM