Duck Lake Wandering stars, for whom it is reserved
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
156 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He heard their voices before he saw them, and chuckled under his breath. Of course they weren't far behind. Tybault turned away from the lake and trailed toward the sound of his brothers' voices. He winced with the first step, but his face settled back into stoicism by the time they were within sight of one another. ... worse than having one, he heard; Everett's voice. He wondered briefly what they were talking about — but only briefly.
Determined to get ahead of their inevitable shock, he called out first. Before you ask what happened, He started, surprised by how calm and unwavering his own voice sounded. I got my ass kicked by some twinkle-toes bitch. Tybault spat blood into the snow. For her, of course. Their sister, their nameless sister who he had hurt irreparably. Enough time had passed for the regret to set in. It had felt like the only option at the time, but now, looking back — it just felt like cruelty.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Messages In This Thread
Wandering stars, for whom it is reserved - by Tybault - February 13, 2023, 06:31 PM
RE: Wandering stars, for whom it is reserved - by Evander - February 15, 2023, 12:50 AM
RE: Wandering stars, for whom it is reserved - by Everett - February 15, 2023, 01:08 AM
RE: Wandering stars, for whom it is reserved - by Tybault - February 15, 2023, 01:23 AM
RE: Wandering stars, for whom it is reserved - by Evander - February 25, 2023, 01:48 AM
RE: Wandering stars, for whom it is reserved - by Everett - February 25, 2023, 01:56 AM