Lion Head Mesa Hey, O'Connell! It looks to me like I've got all the horses!
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
So it was that the procession would continue their march. The guard with the pair of fellahin fell back to his place, ousting the priest from where he hid in the rear, and the twin mazoi kept to either side until one look from the prince made them double back. The guards formed a crescent with the fellahin between them.
The priest moved to walk where he had throughout the journey: alongside the heir of the dunes, but he was not received with a look or welcomed, and he knew by that cue alone that he was not welcome there, and fell back again with a small huff to walk before the fellahin; he kicked up his heels on occasion so that tiny rocks would slide back at them, which none would comment upon.
Harakhte was enamored by the archway as they passed beneath it. Then came the rising of the palace proper, and in the distance more red stone where he could see moving shapes - mazoi fleetingly entering their barracks or heading on their patrols - and beyond that, things were still and quiet.
The Lady had mentioned going within and this only registered as they came to a passageway, and the idea was jarring to the prince, as he was accustomed to having the eye (the sun and its glorious rays) upon him at all times. How did these people live within the earth? It was a shock!
But he would be gracious, and he would stow his apprehension.
Let the soothsayer worry over their souls for now, at least until they had time to rest.

Fading!
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, O'Connell! It looks to me like I've got all the horses! - by Harakhte - April 24, 2023, 07:59 PM