The Sunspire You Don't Know The Pain I Feel
28 Posts
Ooc — Free
The gentleman heard her approach long before she walked into his field of vision. Amber eyes cracked open with suppressed urgency in anticipation to see what soul was nearing. They focused on her closely as she drifted closer to assess if she was to be considered a threat, but Wicken could make no such assumption as he watched the cream stranger look over the lower ledge. Perhaps he could remain unnoticed. He awkwardly pressed himself back against the stone with no shortage of ruckus coming from the gravel that toppled over the edge with his shifting weight. A wince accompanied the noise, but the lack of reaction from the wolf below was noted as odd.

Despite his lack of effort, a dark grey pelt was easy to spot against a stone backdrop, and he shrunk down when the lady finally noticed him. A fear response to flashing teeth that had been engrained in his very being left his ears pinned to his head with his own teeth on display. They clicked their jaws several times in a blatant warning for the stranger to keep her distance, but there was no aggression underlying their stance. Wicken felt the familiar tug of anxiety settling in his chest that temporarily blinded him as he slinked further back on the ledge, pressing himself fully against the cool stone to put some more room between the two of them. A grounding point while he decided the next course of action. 

Their eyes refused to move from her form, but the calming effect of the cool stone brought reality back into focus. The wolf before them was trembling worse than a leaf in the wind. Fear. Wicken was a well acquainted friend to fear, and the woman before him seemed to mirror himself in that aspect. The glint of their white teeth slowly disappeared to reveal a blank expression as they drifted from fear to an at length understanding of the stranger. He peeled himself from the cool stone into a sitting position with his haunches still touching said stone that he hoped would appear unthreatening. It- It's alright. I will not hurt you. A silvery voice spoke out across the distance between them.
For clarity, Wicken uses he/they pronouns in all threads for the time being.
Messages In This Thread
You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Wicken - May 08, 2023, 02:35 PM
RE: You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Vystra - May 09, 2023, 09:43 AM
RE: You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Wicken - May 10, 2023, 12:36 AM
RE: You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Vystra - May 10, 2023, 02:38 PM
RE: You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Wicken - May 10, 2023, 02:58 PM
RE: You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Vystra - May 10, 2023, 04:24 PM
RE: You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Wicken - May 11, 2023, 02:43 PM
RE: You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Vystra - May 13, 2023, 07:44 PM
RE: You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Wicken - May 15, 2023, 12:04 PM
RE: You Don't Know The Pain I Feel - by Vystra - May 20, 2023, 01:36 PM