Ankyra Sound I'd rather swim ashore.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
The cavern that serves as Caiaphas' den is just outside of the pack lands, as far as I know. A deal between Caiaphas and Aktaie ('Phas lives outside the controlled area but is still a Nerd). Its not secret as far as I know. Larus is... Kinda like an illegal immigrant, haha, yeah. Caiaphas found him after he escaped from a lynx. She said she would take him home, but didn't specify whose home.

<style type="text/css">.larus {margin:auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px; font-family: 'Tienne', serif; color: #231d11;} .larus q {color:#9898a0; font-family: Georgia; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold;} .larus p {margin:0px;text-indent:20px;}</style>

What could he do? Caiaphas wasn't here to play with him. He didn't know his way around the cavern well enough to find his way out of it, and... It was just so boring. Not much of a home at all. Larus listened to the hum of the walls and drifted with it. The little boy was lost and someone - not mummy - had found him; she wasn't so bad really, but it wasn't what he wanted. The cave wasn't home no matter what Caiaphas said.

Larus didn't think too hard on the subject. He wasn't mindful enough of how dire the situation was. His father was out looking for him, his mother was worried sick, but to Larus the only one affected was himself. Even Caiaphas didn't make the list.

While laying about upon the rocks, the boy rolled on to one side. He felt gravity begin to pull at him (belly first, of course) and scrambled as he began to lose his position - rolling off of the slight incline and nearly wedging himself in to a crevice. With a bit of flailing and discomfort, he managed to right himself -- just in time for a voice to stir the air.

Look at you... Who was that?

The boy lifted his head, pricked his ears, and took on the expression of an alert baby owl. It wasn't Caiaphas was it? Had she come back with more food? Something better than dirtfish, he hoped with a dull thump of his tail... But no, the stranger was suddenly diving nose-first at him; prodding, testing, sniffing, and once more the child lost his balance. He rolled on to his back with his toes sliding across the stranger's face.

Do you have a name, kid? The stranger queried. As she was looming over him now, Larus was taken with how much bigger she was than himself. Even from upside down she was intimidating - but the tickling had left him in good spirits. Yeah! 'Course I do. He chirruped, but didn't catch on to the real question being posed to him.

</style>
Messages In This Thread
I'd rather swim ashore. - by Larus - October 19, 2014, 06:17 PM
RE: I'd rather swim ashore. - by Aella - October 22, 2014, 07:04 AM
RE: I'd rather swim ashore. - by Larus - October 24, 2014, 12:24 AM
RE: I'd rather swim ashore. - by Aella - October 24, 2014, 10:25 PM
RE: I'd rather swim ashore. - by Larus - October 31, 2014, 01:58 PM
RE: I'd rather swim ashore. - by Aella - November 02, 2014, 12:09 AM
RE: I'd rather swim ashore. - by Larus - November 02, 2014, 02:32 PM
RE: I'd rather swim ashore. - by Aella - November 05, 2014, 09:11 AM
RE: I'd rather swim ashore. - by Larus - November 07, 2014, 01:40 PM
RE: I'd rather swim ashore. - by Aella - November 09, 2014, 09:19 PM