Gilded Bay [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out
34 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Private 
Upon his approach, Fluerette stood. She dipped her head with a smile that reached her eyes. He was pleasant and a real gentleman; he made her feel at ease the minute he spoke. His rich voice was soothing, absolutely matching the warmth in his eyes that she had noticed only moments ago. She lifted her chin to allow the gentlemen to inspect her wound since she was not able to see it herself. "Please, take a look for me, won't you, Mister Andr? If only I could see it for myself..." But, then she felt a little squeamish, a little dizzy, and sat slowly on her haunches. Oh, I am such a weenie, she thought while internally rolling her eyes. It was a little blood, nothing to get all worked up over. Maybe this was how she behaved before today? Maybe she didn't like the gore. 

Her belly rumbled loudly as her nausea abated. She was HUNGRY, so very hungry. It didn't dawn on her until now that maybe she hadn't eaten in a while. Her stomach felt as if a little animal with sharp teeth was gnawing on her insides. His offer to find somewhere else to get warm sounded very appeasing, because maybe he could help her fill her belly on the way. Fleurette was not even sure how to obtain food...

Looking at Andr, trying desperately not to lose herself in the warmth of him, she spoke. "I would love to take you up on that offer for somewhere warm--I can hardly feel my toes and I'm afraid I might become encased in ice if I can't get my pelt dried." What predicament she found herself. It made her giggle out loud. Her memory has been muddled by the sea, but this man gave her comfort that she will be okay. A friend to help her guide her; however long he may stick around is entirely up to him, but she hoped for a long while yet.

"I also wonder--would you happen to know if there is anyone that can help with my memory? A fixer? Or, whatever it is that you call someone who can with ailments of the body?" Even if he said no, everything would be okay. He knew this place well enough, he mentioned, and surely he might assist her in knowing it, too. She was still excited to make herself anew for now. 

Her steps to follow him should he lead had faltered as she thought to herself for a moment. Do I want to know my past? Why was I even out in the water? She turned and gazed out to sea, seeing nothing on the horizon but grey skies and a wavy horizon as the waters tumbled over themselves to kiss the shore. No evidence of her arrival but what was washed on the shore: a broken wooden crate. Was that how she arrived here? Why would she have been in such a thing? Did she have a family? If so, did they know she was here?

Do they miss her? All of these unanswered questions flitted through her mind tirelessly. A feeling of sadness swept her up into its current and the silent flow of tears came as the feeling settled in her bones. She didn't like this feeling. She looked towards Andr again, finding comfort in his gaze. She wasn't so naive to think that after just meeting there was more to this random coming together of two souls. He was a friendly face, a kind stranger willing to help her. For that, she would always be grateful. 

But he was easy on the eyes, that she could admit. 

The little wolf sniffed back her tears, released a heavy breath, and smiled brightly enough to reached her eyes. She bounded to his side, feeling a bit lighter now. "Let's go, kind sir. I want to know more about you and these lands, too. I'm ready." 

I am loving these two already! Andr is such a gentleman <3

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread
[m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 01, 2024, 05:54 PM
RE: Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Andr - January 02, 2024, 01:29 AM
RE: Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 02, 2024, 10:13 AM
RE: Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Andr - January 02, 2024, 09:41 PM
RE: Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 03, 2024, 10:53 AM
RE: [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Andr - January 05, 2024, 07:56 PM
RE: [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 05, 2024, 09:34 PM
RE: [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Andr - January 07, 2024, 12:10 AM
RE: [m] Chapter ONE: Washed Out - by Fleurette - January 07, 2024, 01:29 PM