Moonsong Glacier the place I want to be is somewhere in your heart
morning star
92 Posts
Ooc — roni
Away
All Welcome 
set for tomorrow

The mountains fell away behind her as the glacier loomed nearer, and soon she was forging another river. This one, however, was nicely iced up and the woman bounded across with ease. Even the hotsprings became so small they appeared as tiny puddles. Trees became ice and Ulloriaq's nose was filled with scents - some she knew, some she did not, and some painfully missing. But one thing remained true; she was home.

She toyed with the idea of rushing straight up the glacier to the village, but something akin to fear held her back. Kukutux's words had been a double edged sword. It was elation she felt most. @Dutch was here - he was chief now - but there was so much she had missed. So much that had changed - she feared she would no longer be welcomed.

It was this irrational thought that kept her pacing the borders for some time before she sang a soft melody up the hillside to where it would hopefully reach the right ears.

"Through distant lands and stormy seas,
I've wandered far and wide.
In every whisper of the breeze,
Your name, a constant guide."

She remained wordlessly humming the rest of the tune fondly, for it had been the very same notes that he had sang to her that day in the woods.
"Common" // "Inuktitut"
Messages In This Thread
the place I want to be is somewhere in your heart - by Ulloriaq - February 01, 2024, 03:48 PM