The Heartwood Clean bandit
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood registered the name of Peregrine's missing packmate, storing it in his mind for safekeeping. One grey ear twitched as the other male continued, questioning how Elwood would be able to help if he was planning on continuing his own search. Peregrine had a good point, and Elwood bobbed his head thoughtfully, then lifted his chin as a new offer was put on the table. If he stayed in the area, he would be able to report back to Peregrine if he came across Finley -- and he assumed that the same would be true if Avery was spotted.

Before he could formulate a reply, Peregrine made a second suggestion, mentioning that his pack was in need of members. Elwood's curiosity was piqued, but he turned over his options in his mind before replying. To return to his family, he would have to backtrack, an idea that he wasn't particularly fond of. He thought that it was unlikely he would find Avery if he retraced his steps; it was more likely that she was elsewhere, somewhere that he hadn't yet searched. But winter was quickly approaching, and it would be reckless to continue his trek beyond his current location. Redhawk Caldera could be, in a way, the end of the line -- if he moved further south, he couldn't say for sure that he would find another pack with whom he could spend the season.

Peregrine's question lingered for only a moment before Elwood answered in the affirmative. "Yes, I would be interested in that. You're right; it's about time that I find somewhere to spend the winter," he said. He paused again briefly before answering Peregrine's second inquiry. "I have experience with hunting, both alone and in groups. I was also learning about food storage from my father before I left," he continued. Peregrine could see that he was in good health -- only having lost a few pounds from his travel -- and was, as he put it, "able-bodied." He considered himself to be fairly well-rounded, but hunting was his forte, and he hoped that would be useful to the Caldera wolf.
Messages In This Thread
Clean bandit - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 06, 2014, 11:03 AM
RE: Clean bandit - by Elwood - November 06, 2014, 03:15 PM
RE: Clean bandit - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 06, 2014, 03:31 PM
RE: Clean bandit - by Elwood - November 06, 2014, 07:25 PM
RE: Clean bandit - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 07, 2014, 10:10 AM
RE: Clean bandit - by Elwood - November 07, 2014, 12:05 PM
RE: Clean bandit - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 07, 2014, 12:54 PM
RE: Clean bandit - by Elwood - November 07, 2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Clean bandit - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 08, 2014, 10:42 AM
RE: Clean bandit - by Elwood - November 08, 2014, 11:13 AM
RE: Clean bandit - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 08, 2014, 11:43 AM