Ankyra Sound My ship would leave the country
105 Posts
Ooc —
I like when people do that, heheh, it's a lot easier to play a character being confused when I'm also confused! Fun fact but Google Translate claims Spyro called himself "wife" when I tried looking up the pronunciation, lmao.

Though he had no way of knowing what Spyro said, he assumed it was some sort of praise, and smiled back, clearly pleased with himself. There were simple cues that Kevlyn understood, and one of those was the smile of an adult. Usually it meant he had done something right, something that was desired or liked. It often made him want to keep doing it, but his teacher was moving on, so Kevlyn would need to keep his pronunciation attempts til another time.

Spyridon indicated himself now, and said another word with the same emphasis that he was coming to know as significance. "Sees-goes," Kevlyn tried to pronounce, again struggling. This word had more serpentine qualities, things that Kevlyn was still learning to do in English, let alone Greek. "Sees-goes, SEES-goes, seeeeees-gooooes." Unlike the first word, his repetition didn't improve his pronunciation.

Frustrated, the child stamped his paw on the ground and looked away. His eyes prickled hotly; why couldn't it be easy? Why couldn't Spyro talk to him normally? Why couldn't he go home?
Messages In This Thread
My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - October 29, 2014, 01:35 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - October 30, 2014, 12:02 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 03, 2014, 07:19 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - November 04, 2014, 08:12 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 05, 2014, 03:48 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - November 05, 2014, 03:55 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 06, 2014, 01:03 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - November 06, 2014, 08:53 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 08, 2014, 12:51 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by RIP Spyridon - November 09, 2014, 06:14 PM
RE: My ship would leave the country - by Kevlyn - November 11, 2014, 03:21 PM