Sun Mote Copse rancho mirage
Sun Mote Copse
NPC
47 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
He and @Otter were nine weeks old and sprouting like weeds, as the saying went. Instead of moving the bairns to a rendezvous site, Meerkat and @Njord simply broadened their range around The Taigh. Most recently, he’d learned about Seal’s Nook, a little east of his family’s homestead.

He could hear Grandma Towhee’s familiar tread nearby, though Skipjack said nothing to her as he trundled around the aspen grove. He moved at a sedate pace, mapping routes between trees, which meant occasionally bumping into one. Skip’s nose was a little raw, though he continued unfazed until he had a good sense for the area.

Among all the spindly aspens with their smooth bark, there was a much larger tree with a far rougher texture. As the little boy nosed his way around it, he discovered a narrow opening in the trunk. When he pushed his head into it, he was greeted with the smell of damp rot. He sensed a small space, verified with a quiet boof.

Skip carefully backpedaled, pondered a moment, then decided to squeeze fully into the small opening. The hollow inside the tree was cozy but more spacious than he thought. He skimmed a shoulder along the wall, circling until he got a feel for the place. He then nosed back toward the entrance, wondering if Towhee was still out there keeping an eye on him.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
rancho mirage - by Skipjack - May 01, 2024, 07:37 PM
RE: rancho mirage - by Towhee - May 06, 2024, 08:48 AM
RE: rancho mirage - by Skipjack - May 06, 2024, 08:52 AM
RE: rancho mirage - by Towhee - May 06, 2024, 08:56 AM
RE: rancho mirage - by Skipjack - May 06, 2024, 09:03 AM
RE: rancho mirage - by Towhee - May 06, 2024, 09:08 AM
RE: rancho mirage - by Skipjack - May 06, 2024, 09:13 AM
RE: rancho mirage - by Towhee - May 06, 2024, 09:20 AM
RE: rancho mirage - by Skipjack - May 06, 2024, 09:37 AM
RE: rancho mirage - by Towhee - May 06, 2024, 09:43 AM
RE: rancho mirage - by Skipjack - May 06, 2024, 09:50 AM