Redhawk Caldera We will ride the gathering storm
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine felt his heart sink. Junior was hurt? How? Why didn't she want him to know? Before he could properly process the news and ask for additional details, Dante proceeded onto another topic. He was rejecting the notion of sister packs. The fact the he shared this in the same breath as the news about Junior was like a hard slap in the face.

Right then, Peregrine wanted to tell Dante to go fuck himself. The words very nearly sprang from his tongue, though he dug his teeth into his lips. He didn't want to take a shit on the plateau just because of its Alpha's poorly-delivered stance on the matter. Many of his loved ones lived there: his daughters, his sister, his best friend, his former lover, their pups...

He felt his throat tighten as comprehension truly began to dawn on him. He felt insulted and disrespected. Dante gave no other reason than some temporarily hurt feelings. Peregrine understood that some were still affected by his choice to relocate but Dante's decision to implement a sweeping lock-down felt poorly timed, ill-informed and spiteful.

"You would prohibit me from visiting my sick child?" he demanded, paternal instincts causing him to raise his voice. Forcing himself to speak more calmly, he added, "And from approaching the plateau's borders respectfully? You want to bar me from my loved ones, including my children? And Willow's and Lasher's pups? WHY? Instead of rejecting the idea outright and spitting on everything I ever did for the plateau, why not propose that we discuss the terms of said sisterhood?" he demanded, eyes flinty as Dante dared meet his gaze.
Messages In This Thread
We will ride the gathering storm - by Dante RIP - November 13, 2014, 03:09 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 13, 2014, 03:26 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Dante RIP - November 13, 2014, 04:00 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 13, 2014, 04:15 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Dante RIP - November 13, 2014, 04:28 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 13, 2014, 04:37 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Dante RIP - November 13, 2014, 05:01 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 13, 2014, 05:23 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Dante RIP - November 13, 2014, 09:40 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 13, 2014, 10:09 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Dante RIP - November 13, 2014, 10:21 PM
RE: We will ride the gathering storm - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 13, 2014, 10:28 PM