brother sister too, do what you must do -- don't trust people you meet
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
<style type="text/css">.larus {margin:auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px; font-family: 'Tienne', serif; color: #231d11;} .larus q {color:#9898a0; font-family: Georgia; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold;} .larus p {margin:0px;text-indent:20px;}</style>

Because you weren't good enough for them. Caiaphas responded, and once more a wave of hot tears brimmed along the edge of his vision. A single drop betrayed his control, sliding down his cheek as he sat as still as stone. He believed her, of course - Larus knew he wasn't as strong as Valtyr, as adventurous as Jokull, or as sweet as Maera. He hid from the gifts that their mother brought them while the others rushed ahead to greet them, and his father... His father had never shown any real interest. But he was young, and there was plenty of time for all of those things to change; however, all that Larus could think was, she's right.. He was more than crestfallen, he was... Gutted.

Upon hearing Danica's name, Larus' thoughts were stalled. He swallowed the bulk of his emotions and hurriedly blinked away the blur across his vision; he knew that name. He recognized it as the yellow-toned lady as one of the wolves that traveled with them - the lady who threatened to eat him! She smelled kind of familiar, like you did when I found you. They were going to drown you and your siblings in the sea since the planned cat attack didn't kill you outright, The sea? The big blue thing that he had discovered? Larus' gaze went wide with surprise, but he remained silent, his attention rapt. -and angry that I had found out the crimes that they committed, Danica attacked me.

When the dark woman motioned towards him, Larus flinched back - but then bowed his head and glanced at the bare spots upon his forelegs where the cats had grabbed him. The thin layer of fur on his shoulder. His lip trembled as he fought for control - he would not cry, he wouldn't - but before another thought could pass through his mind, the tears were leaking down his face. At the very least, he wasn't sobbing like a baby, as per usual. The words were taken to heart and, naturally, the boy's psyche was rigid in its acceptance.

But... I don't remember. He sniffed sharply, inhaling a tendril of snot which had begun to drip from his nose. She... She didn't.. hurt you, did she? More acceptance. And he was up now, on his feet and carefully side-stepping around her seated self, looking for evidence. When he could find nothing, he paused and looked intently at Caiaphas' face. All the while, warm tears trickled and dripped from his cheeks. For now, his hunt for the exit was forgotten.

</style>
Messages In This Thread
RE: brother sister too, do what you must do -- don't trust people you meet - by Larus - November 21, 2014, 10:11 PM