Redhawk Caldera If you love something, set it free
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ashton shared his own life story next and Peregrine listened raptly. Although the details of their former lives did not matter much to him as an Alpha, save for whatever skills and experiences they brought with them, as their friend, he liked to hear what his wolves had been doing before they had found the caldera. Ashton's life sounded no more or less dramatic than everyone else's, though the part about his mother's rabies made Peregrine wince. March Owl had grown old and a little sick by the time he'd left (read: been exiled from) the Flightless Falcons, yet she had lived a good, long and healthy life up until then.

"That's good," he replied with a light laugh. "I'm not sure where she gets her reticence but I don't question her either. It's her body." Peregrine made a thoughtful noise. "That's a noble cause you have there, by the way, though I hope you're not the type to take failures personally. I know a great Healer—she lives back at the plateau—and she takes personal responsibility for every malady. It makes her a wonderful medic but I worry about the cost to her psyche, you know? There is no way you can truly save every wolf that needs your help. It's just the reality. The circle of life and all that." He caught Ashton's eye, hoping to impart on on him his sincerity.

"So, you seem like a pretty progressive dude," Peregrine continued on a different note a moment later. "Bear with me; it's not as much of a non sequitur as it seems," he added. "The Healer I mentioned, she's my best friend. Her name is Blue Willow. And that former lover I mentioned earlier, his name is Lasher." The Alpha male doubted Ashton would even blink at this news, though he paused for a second before continuing. "Blue Willow was in love with my brother, Atticus, who vanished a while ago. She always wanted pups, so Lasher offered to sire a litter for her. Because of Dante's decision, I won't get to see them when they're born. That's what's bothering me a great deal about this, that and the fact that I can't visit my kids from my former marriage.

Anyway, I mention of all of this because I'm not sure many of you who came to us after we founded the caldera know about our background and what brought us out here—or why our relationship with the plateau matters so much. I don't want my previous life and relationships to be a secret from you guys, even if you're may main focus now,"
the Alpha male finished.
Messages In This Thread
If you love something, set it free - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 14, 2014, 10:00 AM
RE: If you love something, set it free - by Ashton - November 14, 2014, 11:29 AM
RE: If you love something, set it free - by Ashton - November 14, 2014, 02:29 PM
RE: If you love something, set it free - by Ashton - November 14, 2014, 03:49 PM
RE: If you love something, set it free - by Ashton - November 15, 2014, 12:03 AM
RE: If you love something, set it free - by Ashton - November 17, 2014, 12:26 AM
RE: If you love something, set it free - by Ashton - November 17, 2014, 05:06 PM
RE: If you love something, set it free - by Peregrine Redhawk - November 23, 2014, 01:27 PM
RE: If you love something, set it free - by Ashton - December 02, 2014, 06:50 PM