Swiftcurrent Creek It's getting dark in this heart of mine.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He denied that the fault was her own, but Paarthurnax took no comfort from his advice. She knew that by returning to the Creek, trouble would surely follow. If she had been without unborn pups, undoubtedly she would have braved the long journey to the deserts of her birth like her father requested. It would have been too dangerous for her to travel so far in her pregnant state, and so for the lives of her children, she sought the safest place she could think of - despite her guilt at bringing bother to their territory.

Scimitar and Swiftcurrent Creek had always been kind to her. It had become her home so quickly upon her joining, and it continued to remain in her heart even after she followed Shadow to Noctisardor Bypass. She had many regrets, and leaving Bazi and the others was her most notable.

Tears stung her tired, solemn eyes as the cinnamon Alpha changed the subject and asked after her well-being. She blinked up at him, struggling to keep from crumbling before him, and thought back to the encounter she'd had with the Arctic brute who'd put her well and truly in her place. "I..." Paarthurnax swallowed, unsure if sharing with Scimitar the fine details of the uncomfortable meeting would leave her open to further interrogation by her ivory superior. "A pale wolf, male. The day after my arrival, he happened across my den-site and demanded to know why I was here. When I explained, he... asked why I did not re-introduce myself before settling." She trembled, bowing her head in shame. Secrets were not something she wished to keep any longer, and Scimitar was her friend; she trusted that he would not allow harm to come her way, from outsiders and pack-mates alike. "He did not bring me physical harm, but he has been lurking and following me since."
Messages In This Thread
It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Paarthurnax - November 12, 2014, 04:22 PM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Scimitar - November 13, 2014, 06:52 AM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Scimitar - November 22, 2014, 06:18 PM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Scimitar - November 27, 2014, 01:18 PM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Scimitar - December 04, 2014, 09:57 AM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Scimitar - December 04, 2014, 02:27 PM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Scimitar - December 05, 2014, 02:39 PM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Paarthurnax - December 06, 2014, 03:33 PM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Scimitar - December 09, 2014, 02:41 PM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Scimitar - December 27, 2014, 08:20 PM
RE: It's getting dark in this heart of mine. - by Scimitar - January 04, 2015, 02:21 PM