Blacktail Deer Plateau Follow your heart, little child of the west wind
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Although she answered no, she fell dramatically to the snowy earth and then began to vent. If she required a listening ear, he could provide one. Peregrine took a step nearer, then gathered his haunches beneath him and sat, his tail curling around his hindquarters so that its tip rested atop his dark toes. He gazed down at her and lightly brushed the top of her head with his muzzle.

"Jinx," he whispered quietly to himself, realizing it was the name of the devilish white she-wolf. Aloud, he added, "I can accompany you if you like or just keep up my own route. Probably smarter that way." Although they would certainly cover more ground if they split up, he sort of wanted to keep her company. Logic ruled, however, as Peregrine took after his pragmatic forebears.

Her compliment on his pelt made him feel slightly awkward again, though he mostly felt flattered. "Well, I only use the finest cleansers on it," he joked, paused, then said, "The lovely woodland creeks, that is. I also have Att or Crete brush it with a pine cone every morning." His tongue lolled from his maw in a wolfish laugh and, with a twinkle in his eye, Peregrine teased, "Are we flirting?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: Follow your heart, little child of the west wind - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 22, 2014, 04:42 PM