Blacktail Deer Plateau Follow your heart, little child of the west wind
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Although the rejection stung and petulant words bubbled in Peregrine's throat, he choked them back down before they could spring from his tongue. Shouting at Hawkeye for declining his offer wouldn't make her any more likely to reconsider in the future. Besides, though it rather brought down his mood, he knew she had something of a point.

"It's cool," he replied. He could hear ice in his own voice and he didn't like it nor want it there. To try to offset it, he forced a smile onto his face and batted at her shoulder as if to say, It's all good. Really. Much more smoothly, he added, "What would it take to win you over, I wonder?" and gave her a smoldering look as if to say, I'm up to the challenge.

She answered him in the next beat, proposing that they court. His brows lifted momentarily, then a smile crept onto his face. "Right. If that's what you want, Hawkeye, then I'd love to court you." He gave her his most winsome smile. "Maybe this way I'll find out how to capture you fully," he quipped in a playfully threatening tone, then tumbled forward to grasp her by the neck and roll them both onto her sides, facing one another.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Follow your heart, little child of the west wind - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 23, 2014, 04:55 PM