Redhawk Caldera Over my dead body
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Let's fight some puddy tats, @FitzDutiful! :P

His good mood hadn't wavered since making up with Fox. For the moment, all was right in his world: he and Fox were as tight as ever, the pups would be here in a matter of weeks, relations with the plateau were mending and the caldera pack itself was still bustling along. He didn't care about Mikael or Tempest anymore; they were gone as far as he was concerned. Nor did he bother dwelling on Magpie's presence here. She was Fox's sister and, though he would never say it to his wife, she was her problem too.

The sun shone brightly as he strode around their mountainous home, wearing a circle around the caldera's base. That further buoyed his mood. The winter had been strangely mild. It hadn't even snowed very much. They'd seen a drop in prey but not a single one of his members had gone hungry for any length of time. They were a prosperous pack in a bountiful place and, for the millionth time, he was reminded of how perfect a place this would be for his and Fox's children. Peregrine grinned like a fool.

Something moved in his peripheral vision and he turned, jade eyes scanning away from the caldera. The sight of a lynx loping right toward him wiped that foolish smile right off his face. The Alpha's ears swept backward and he bared his teeth. He didn't wait for the wild cat to come to him. More aware than ever of everything at stake—he'd just been thinking about all of it, after all—he charged directly toward it. He would cut off the lynx's path, then chase it away. If it put up a fight, Peregrine would fight back until one of them lay dead on the ground.
Messages In This Thread
Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 30, 2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - January 31, 2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 31, 2015, 01:21 PM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - February 03, 2015, 04:43 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 03, 2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - February 03, 2015, 09:46 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 03, 2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - February 03, 2015, 10:18 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 03, 2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - February 03, 2015, 10:50 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 03, 2015, 11:03 AM