Redhawk Caldera Over my dead body
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The lynx's teeth might have carved his nose to ribbons had the other, unknown assailant not given it a sound bite to the haunch. The cat screamed and spat, causing Peregrine's ears to ring and slick back against his skull. He fell back, hoping to take advantage of the wildcat's distraction. But the lynx barely paid any attention to the other wolf—the dutiful Duty, he saw now—and sprang at him before Peregrine could properly collect himself.

It attacked with its claws, landing parallel blows on Peregrine's shoulders and leaving deep gouges that shredded the flesh and muscle all the day down to his chest. He yelled in pain, though he had just enough presence of mind to dart his snout downward. Even as the cat lacerated him, one of his lower teeth punched right through its left eye, halfway blinding it. Blood and other fluids gushed from the eye socket even as the lynx unleashed another, shriller cry.

The beast fell back and, though bleeding heavily, Peregrine snapped at it, cutting into its opposite cheek. The cat screamed a third time, the noise one of fear and pain. With a final hiss, it then wheeled and scrambled away, stumbling because of its diminished vision and the wound to its backside. The Alpha male leered as it fled, teeth bared, and only tore his gaze away when the lynx finally disappeared.

"How're you holding up?" he said to Duty, sucking in a deep, shaky breath. He looked down to see the fur on his chest absolutely slick with blood. It looked like oil against his dark fur, though some of it ran down his forelegs and colored the snowy ground bright red. "Can you come here and check how deep these are? I'm feeling a bit faint," Peregrine blurted, sinking to his haunches.
Messages In This Thread
Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 30, 2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - January 31, 2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 31, 2015, 01:21 PM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - February 03, 2015, 04:43 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 03, 2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - February 03, 2015, 09:46 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 03, 2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - February 03, 2015, 10:18 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 03, 2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by FitzDutiful - February 03, 2015, 10:50 AM
RE: Over my dead body - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 03, 2015, 11:03 AM