Blacktail Deer Plateau I was left to my own devices (joining)
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Now that they were mates, Peregrine shadowed Hawkeye more than ever. Although part of this was to guard her from other suitors—for he knew that other males may not acknowledge their exclusivity, especially when she went into season—he did it for another important reason as well. He'd never been an Alpha before and though he felt confident that he would fit well into the role beside Hawkeye, he knew there was much to learn from her. He needed to discover and emulate her leadership style.

An opportunity presented itself when an unfamiliar voice called at the borders. Leaving his leading lady to her own devices, Peregrine hastily trotted to the plateau's edge to receive the stranger. This was his chance to take what he'd learned thus far and mimic his mate's behaviors as best as he could. He also intended to let his own personal style shine through, of course; though he was happy to think of himself as the secondary Alpha and defer to Hawkeye, he was still an Alpha.

He presented himself as such when he loped down the towpath and approached the unfamiliar male. He raised his head and tail and puffed out his chest, making himself appear large and commandeering. His dusky blue-green eyes scrutinized his "guest," who was a yearling male, by the looks of it. He had golden and cream fur and bright yellow eyes. Although Peregrine didn't say anything aloud, he mentally grumbled about yet another male seeking entry into the ranks. But maybe he was here for another reason.

The only way to find out was to ask: "What is it you want, stranger?" His voice came out gruffly. Even before he'd been an Alpha, Peregrine had been extremely territorial, treating the borders as sacrosanct. If this stranger didn't want to join, Peregrine would see him off, post-haste.
Messages In This Thread
I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - January 31, 2014, 11:34 AM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 31, 2014, 11:56 AM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 01, 2014, 10:35 AM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 03, 2014, 12:58 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 03, 2014, 07:22 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 04, 2014, 08:59 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 06, 2014, 08:36 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 06, 2014, 10:02 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 10, 2014, 08:08 PM