Blacktail Deer Plateau I was left to my own devices (joining)
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The swarthy leader's ear twitched when the yearling responded both promptly and succinctly, after dropping into a properly submissive posture. The question, while neither unreasonable nor rude, made Peregrine's eyes narrow almost dubiously. Was this a common question Alphas fielded at their borders? He wondered what the hell Hawkeye would say in response to such an ambiguous, open-ended inquiry...

"We are a typical wolf pack, numbering at just about a dozen members currently," Peregrine replied at length. Was there anything extraordinary about the plateau? While he loved it here, he didn't think there was anything particularly notable to include. "There are already many males here," he decided to add, nostrils flaring, "though you'd be in the minority, color-wise, if you were to join us."

Exhaling through his nose, Peregrine paused and asked, "Is that why you're here—you're thinking of joining? Look, I'm not the world's most patient or eloquent guy and I'm not interested in trying to sell my pack to you. We don't need you. If you have some mad skills or something, we might make room... but I'm not going to stand here and make a sales pitch. And if you're not interested, well, you're gonna need to run along."
Messages In This Thread
I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - January 31, 2014, 11:34 AM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 01, 2014, 10:35 AM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 01, 2014, 10:59 AM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 03, 2014, 12:58 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 03, 2014, 07:22 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 04, 2014, 08:59 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 06, 2014, 08:36 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 06, 2014, 10:02 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 10, 2014, 08:08 PM