Blacktail Deer Plateau PACK HUNT — Let nothing come between this and me
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Only four wolves responded to Peregrine's call to arms: Blue Willow, Kuno, Hawkeye and Ariston. The Alpha male regarded each of them with appreciation and respect, nodding his swarthy head and waving his tail in approval. Hawkeye already possessed his heart in a way no one else ever would but the other three would be lifted in Peregrine's eyes today. As far as he was concerned, they were the most useful members of the pack and, in days to come, their ranks would reflect that.

Stepping into the space beside his mate, Peregrine nipped at her cheeks and growled wordless love notes in her ear, then refocused his attention on the matter at hand by addressing their three subordinates. "Thanks for coming. You will be rewarded for acknowledging your Alpha's call..."

"Now, since there's five of us, we'll need two chasers and three attackers." Another leader may have let them choose their roles but, as a seasoned hunter, Peregrine knew best where everyone would fit into the scheme of things. "You and you," he said, dusky eyes flicking to Blue Willow and Ariston. "You'll be the chasers. After Kuno, Hawkeye and myself have hidden, you will reveal yourselves to the herd and chase them in our direction. We'll ambush our lucky target."

"We," he continued, talking to Hawkeye and Kuno now, "will range around the other side of the herd and position ourselves along a line. When the chasers drive the target toward us, we'll move to close. I'll be in the middle position. You take the left," he instructed Kuno, "and you..." He nudged Hawkeye's muzzle, "you'll be the wind beneath my right wing." This he whispered so only she could hear; nobody else needed to be privy to Peregrine's sappiness.

Turning to address them as a group again, Peregrine said, "Any questions? Concerns? If not, let's get to it."
Messages In This Thread
RE: PACK HUNT — Let nothing come between this and me - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 03, 2014, 09:48 AM