never kill the light inside me
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: Fading here :D Last post for me!

IC: The boy was inquisitive, that much could be said for him. She had once been the same, constantly questioning not only her authority, but also her religious leaders. Granted, Jinx had never been as stubbornly emotionless in her approaches—she had played with her friends and cousins equally, without any of this child's scarred views, a normal and happy child—but she had always been the one to break the mold. Prior to her leadership she had been an Adept, and the lead cub... In truth, she had never quite gotten over Kaskae's arrogance in claiming she was just as entitled to the throne as the hard-working Mambo had been, but it was neither here nor there.

"Ravens are bigger, and uglier," she said simply. "Their foreheads are more domed. A crow is a sleeker bird." Someday he would know the difference, she knew, when he witnessed a murder of crows winging overhead whilst ravens squabbled on the ground. Jinx viewed them much like wolves and coyotes: the crow was the wolf, intelligent by design, roaming in packs to increase their joint survival, while the raven was the reclusive coyote that took its chances alone.

Her slim shoulders rolled as if to say, I don't care. What he called her was his own decision. He protested his name once more, earning a snide glance from the pale Mambo. "There is nothing girly about a northern name," she said sternly, revealing a brief glimpse into her mind: Jinx had always been a little stung that she had been given such a plain name, when her sister and brother were given strong names that sung of northern blood. Still, Jinx suited her just fine; perhaps Aethon would do the same for the boy. "But if Aethon is what you choose, then so be it. A name is nothing but a way to call you out from a crowd. It is your deedsss that matter."

With that, he asked where she came from, and Jinx launched into a description of Shearwater Bay devoid of her Gods' influences for him as she led him back to where she tended to keep all her prized possessions: her den in the sequoia forest.
Messages In This Thread
never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 20, 2014, 05:32 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 20, 2014, 10:24 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 21, 2014, 07:10 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 21, 2014, 10:14 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 22, 2014, 06:39 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 22, 2014, 12:08 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 23, 2014, 01:37 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 23, 2014, 07:17 PM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 24, 2014, 07:58 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Jinx - January 24, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: never kill the light inside me - by Ira Nox - January 26, 2014, 06:48 AM