Redhawk Caldera face the facts
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He listened silently, until she tried to insist they were family. Peregrine growled sharply in response, letting her know that he didn't feel the same way toward her. He didn't say a word, though he growled again—even more sharply, if that was possible—when she referred to herself as his children's aunt. He bared his teeth at her audacity: "Whether you like it or not!"

"Just because Fox is your sister does not make you my family. You aren't and it changes nothing. And you should know that I don't consider you their aunt," he snapped at her. He couldn't change Fox's stance on the matter but he was happy to put Magpie in her place as far as he went. Are we clear? his icy glare seemed to ask.

"Standing here and telling me I don't have a choice about things because of your relationship to Fox is not how to get my approval," he rumbled at her next. "If you want to step up and redeem yourself, don't do it because you're after my goddamn approval. Do it because you genuinely want to make things right. Do it to show that you care about us—not just my fucking opinion of you—and our pack, including the pups. Your words are meaningless without action to back them up."

He knew he was being a dick callous but Peregrine didn't give a damn. She'd committed the ultimate crime against him and there was still the risk that she would do it again. But he'd done what Magpie had wanted: he'd talked to her, told her how she could at least try to redeem herself. Maybe if she actually went and did something about it instead of standing here making useless apologies and excuses, she could prove to both of them that it was possible to earn Peregrine Redleaf-DiSarinno's forgiveness after all.
Messages In This Thread
face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 16, 2015, 03:10 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 16, 2015, 03:43 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 16, 2015, 03:51 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 16, 2015, 06:45 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 18, 2015, 09:12 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 03:25 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 03:34 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 03:53 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 03:58 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 04:05 PM