Redhawk Caldera Listen as the wind blows from across the great divide [m]
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When he saw Elwood walking past, Peregrine thumped his tail once, inviting the Beta male to approach. The gray wolf came toward him, looking decidedly somber. His own ears splayed when his friend whined. Peregrine knew the loss would be felt by everyone in the pack, though he felt strange as he looked at Elwood and realized the Beta looked (and maybe even felt...?) more despondent than he did.

He tried to decide what to say. Obviously, Elwood knew all about little "Derp's" passing, so Peregrine didn't have to break the news to him. Should he wait for Elwood to offer condolences? Should they talk about it? What was the protocol here? The Alpha wasn't sure and only knew that he didn't necessarily want to linger on the death, which made him feel all the guiltier about the situation.

"Let's move over this way," he said after a long, awkward pause. Motioning for the second-in-command to follow, Peregrine moved further away from the den to avoid disturbing its inhabitants. Upon seating himself, he furrowed his brows and admitted, "I'm not sure what to do with myself right now. I'm sad, of course, and Fox is struggling with it too... but we still have three healthy pups. He was so small, I'm not sure he was long for the world."

After a short pause, he queried, "How are you and Finley doing...?" How were his friends responding to the death of their first godson? Maybe it would be easier to focus on someone else's feelings than his own, since he wasn't even sure what they were, exactly.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Listen as the wind blows from across the great divide - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 02, 2015, 11:15 AM