Blacktail Deer Plateau On the borders
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
@Peregrine ^^ I was going to have him join Silvertip and still kind of want to if you are ok doing an inter-pack friendship.... if you would rather him join Blacktail though I understand =D

Taking in the scents, Dante slowly approached the border to the strange pack's lands, every sense on alert. He had been making the rounds, scouting these lands into which he and Helena had stumbled (she literally). There were so many packs here and yet all lived in relative harmony... it was baffling to him. What kept them from tearing each other apart, or the stronger from swallowing the weak? This kind of harmony was unheard of, at least from what he knew. Perhaps it was the fact that no pack seemed that much weaker than any of the others. From what he could tell they were about on equal footing with members save one, and that one was far removed from the others by waters. Or maybe they had struck an accord, the alphas of these lands.

Whatever the case, it was strange. Most pack lands he had skirted rather broadly, but these he let himself linger closer to, somewhat emboldened by the lack of confrontation from his previous travels. So far everyone he had met had been rather... well, friendly. He wondered if Helena was having the same luck. She was either charming the tails off of all she met or raising hell, he thought affectionately. He'd grown to think of her almost in the same terms he had thought of Tarin. It made him protective, though less so in her case. She, unlike Tarin, seemed more than capable of caring for herself. Still, though, he'd need to find her soon if she didn't find him first.

He wasn't about to enter this pack's lands, however. He had no desire to tangle with an angry alpha and had no need to travel through. Raising his head, he noted the position of the sun. Looked like he was spending another night on his own. Not that he wasn't used to it. It was wierd to think, but he had spent more of his life out of a pack than in one. Being alone was somewhat second nature to him now, though instinctually he did yearn for the structure and safety of a group. Dante was a wolf who liked to know his place. Calling his own shots was fine, but it was also lonely.

Well, I've seen all I need to see here, he thought to himself, turning to leave. Time to go find the squirt and plan our next move. He did know one thing for sure... he wasn't about to join a pack without her unless she decided that they needed to part ways.
Messages In This Thread
On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 02, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 08:29 AM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 10:54 AM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 06:05 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 06:44 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 07:14 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 07:44 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 04, 2014, 02:52 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 04, 2014, 09:42 PM