Lion Head Mesa morning star shook me from my sleep
12 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Was going to answer the first Lonely Thread on the list. Yours was it. Congratulations.

Kalina had smelled wolves in this place from a mile off, the scent was so strong. And not just here-here, at this mesa, but anywhere around. The smart voice in the back of her head told her that coming to say hello to a bunch of wolves was about the stupidest thing in the world, but the less rational and louder part of her head told her to do it anyways. Or else what was the point of leaving home? At home she always had security, surrounded by her mother and sisters. Always enough food and never any wolves to bother them. Her mother had always led them away from wolves. But Kalina found them… intriguing. Her bigger cousins, especially the males, caused a thrill throughout her body when she thought of them—thought of how dangerous they were, how exciting. 

She marched across the flat expanse and a particularly strong scent of wolf caught her nose. She turned towards it with a gleam in her brown eyes. Male. Kalina had only recently had her first heat. It had come and gone in a matter of days. She was no longer fertile. But her heat had been what had dragged her away from her sisters, intent upon finding a suitable male anywhere in the vicinity at which to throw herself. The search had been fruitless, but there was some left-over instinct there that drove her in the direction of the male wolf. Soon enough, the yellow-faced coyote was staring upwind at the yellow-faced wolf. Cautiously, she wagged her tail.
Kalina is semi-Hardcore Mode! See her profile (at the bottom) for more details.
Messages In This Thread
morning star shook me from my sleep - by Larus - April 03, 2018, 06:23 PM
RE: morning star shook me from my sleep - by Kalina - April 21, 2018, 10:36 PM
RE: morning star shook me from my sleep - by Larus - April 24, 2018, 07:00 PM
RE: morning star shook me from my sleep - by Kalina - May 09, 2018, 04:32 PM