Shadowwyn Moor The Trail We Blaze
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The journey had been long and full of obstacles, and once more the little Rock Wren had come upon a new world. She thought that perhaps this may be the perfect place for a new home. There were plenty of areas to nest, and food shouldn't be too hard to come by in this area. Still, not anywhere was safe. There was always some kind of danger. And she would face it head on with witty insults and bravery (though some see it as stupidity).

Itsy settled herself down upon a low rock and began a search for food. Hopping from one end to the other, her eyes searched as she chirped cheerfully. At the same time, she was fully alert of anyone being nearby. To her, this place was unfamiliar so it could easily be full of dangerous predators. Though she stopped when finally her gaze fell upon a slow snail.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Raziel finally got to see Scarlett's pups, it should have given him the incentive to stay and rule Bearclaw Valley, to patrol his lands with the ferocity of a lion, to bond with his packmates. But all he felt was a strange iciness in his heart, slowly spreading through his body, turning his warm blood to pure and unyielding ice, covering hollow heart with an armor made of cold dislike, made of the negative emotions. Ever since Kove's return to the Valley, the Roman realized that the 'bad' emotions was ruling his head, he realized that logic no longer reigned. He realized that without knowing he had fallen head over heels for Scarlett once more, and this time he could not bring himself to let go.

Finally deciding he should get a break, Raziel departed from Bearclaw Valley and made for the moors where he had met a burly female healer who taught him about herbs. Somehow he drew comfort the plains, drew comfort from being alone. Perhaps he should go back to Noctem Vagus and be with his various siblings there, perhaps his hollow heart would heal there.

Raziel sat himself beside a low rock where the bird was. But he was so lost in his thoughts he failed to notice the other's presence.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
thanks for joining!

Itsy was only a few hops from her lunch. Already she could imagine the taste of the succulent delicacy. She readied herself to attack at it when, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a grey form next to the rock. It's pelt was made of multiple different shades of grey. She knew the creature from anywhere, and let out a surprised squawk, nearly falling from the rock. Now, most birds would fly for somewhere high at the sight of such a creature. But not the little rock wren. She quickly recovered herself as if it had never happened.

"Do you know how rude it is to sneak up on another?!" she chirped with a sing-song voice, and humphed while glaring at the lupine.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Raziel's thoughts drifted elsewhere. He wondered how his younger half brother was faring now, along with his nephew. He knew Noctisardor Bypass was gone for he had gone to visit the pack on one of his trips from Bearclaw Valley and found only the faintest of scents there that indicated a pack had once made their home in that territory. He hoped that wherever they were, they were safe and happy, unlike him. But then, his half brother technically had worse treatment as a child and the heartbreak he had from his wife leaving was probably bad....but was it as bad as his own?

The Roman was shook out of his thoughts when a surprised squawk rang through the air. Quickly, his silver ears swiveled towards the direction of the sound and he turned his head, teal eyes gazing with concealed curiosity at the bird that stood perched upon the rock. Not many of those tiny creatures stayed in the presence of a lupine, however much they liked eating four legged animals like deer, a bird like her was always a tasty and welcome treat.

Raziel cocked his head and raised his brows incredulously as the bird spoke. "I would apologize....but I'm currently not in the mood," withholding the urge to lift a paw and smack the creature senseless.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'm sorry if she is a bit too rude
The little bird sent a glare at the wolf. She noticed that it felt a little down, so hopefully wasn't in the mood for taking a bite out of her. And seeing a creature larger than her being in the dumps made her feel better about herself. Maybe she could have some fun, considering she had lost her lunch.

"There is no need to mope around others when they are trying to catch their lunch. If you wish to, do so alone." She held her beak high and pretended to ignore the lupine. But she started to feel hungry again, and caught the snail once more in her sights. And once more, she prepared to catch it.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
It's okay :)

A smirk curled at the Roman's lips when he spotted the glare the tiny bird sent him and cocked his head in a condescending manner when she opened her beak and spoke to him in the most arrogant manner he had ever heard a bird speak to him in. He did not grow angry or attempt to beat her against the stone right away, instead he raised a wolfish brow. "Is that so?" he said ever so softly and swiveled his ears towards her direction. "I didn't realize you were the queen of this moor," he mocked.

"In fact, I, myself is also feeling a bit hungry, I think I'll catch you for a quick snack before I go home to my pack," and with that, Raziel leaned forward, bared his gleaming sharp fangs and attempted to snap at the bird.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
[size=x-small]Itsy prepared to lunge forward, but once again found herself missing her food. Instead, she darted away from the wolf when she felt a clap of air just behind her. Once at a safe distance, the small bird glanced back at her tail feathers, and found a few to be missing.[/size]

[size=x-small]"How dare you!?"[/size][size=x-small] she nearly shouted. [/size][size=x-small]"That is no way to treat one such as me! I am no food!"[/size][size=x-small] Now she was sure that this wolf was a danger, though instead of looking for a tree, she stood her ground. But at a safe distance. And when she found a small pebble at one of her talons, she got an idea and decided to give it a little toss. Right at it's nose.[/size]
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
A resounding snap of his jaws scared the bird away and he watched with concealed amusement as she darted away quickly to a safe distance. While she was busy escaping, the Roman spat the few tail feathers that he had managed to catch onto the grass and licked his teeth, just watching her dance around was enough to make him hungry. But he decided not to kill her and eat her yet, for her arrogant and idiotic attitude amused him to no end, and he seriously could use some fun and joy in his life. Even if he was getting it from scaring smaller animals than himself.

He wasn't bullying her. This was simply the food chain. This was the way of life, the way of the wild.

"You are," Raziel replied calmly. "You are a bird, I am a wolf. Wolves eat meat you know, and to me, you are simply a talking, feathery, flying piece of meat. You'll make a nice snack." The corner of his lips quirked upwards into a smirk as she tossed a pebble at his nose, quickly, he ducked and the pebble sailed over his head, brushing the end of his silvery fur. "Birds don't hit well," the Roman smiled and lifted a paw, swiping at her, hoping to topple her over.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'm gonna end it here. Don't want to make a stupid move that gets her killed off. No offense

The small bird didn't care if this was part of the food chain. Unlike her brethren, she stood against the laws of nature as much as she could. Standing up against larger predators.

She grinned hopefully as the pebble sailed through the air, then her face fell when it flew over her head. The wolf seemed to mock her, and that made her frustrated. Though she may have been arrogant, she was not stupid. And as the lupine's paw came for her, she stepped back and took flight.

"I am not food for some mongrel like you!" she shrieked back. Then she turned her body away and took flight into the distance. This area was definitely not an appropriate home.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
thanks for the thread :)

Even if Raziel's paw connected with the bird, it would've been a light blow and at it's worst, would topple her over the rock and give her a slight headache. He hadn't meant to give her a fatal blow at all, obviously, if he grew tired of their game in the end, he would attempt to catch her and eat her, but for now, he was content with playing with the rebellious bird. It had been a long time since he met someone like her, and it was like a breath of fresh air to meet someone who rebelled against the natural order of life once more, even if that someone was a bird.

Raziel watched wistfully as she took flight and flew off into the distance. Perhaps he had been too harsh and scared her off, ah well, what else was he supposed to do? She was prey to him in the end, even the most rebellious rebel couldn't change that. The Bearclaw Valley Alpha shook his head, sighed, and stood up. It was time to go home, however miserable it ended up being.