Wonders of the world
I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Wynter was travelling south into a valley of sorts. She wondered if there were any packs down here. There certainly were wolves. She hoped lones so she could somehow convince them to join her as soon as she found a place to live.As she padded slowly down the hill she approached a forest. This place was gorgeous. With colours of olive an apple in the leaves and it was still summer. She couldn't even wrap her head around what this place would look like in the fall. She paused for a moment as she approached. This might be a nice place to start a pack but with my luck someone's already here. She continued her approach although cautious to be sure she didn't cross any borders. The last thing she needed was to get into trouble.

It wasn't long before she found yet another set of fresh scent markers. Thought so. She thought her eyes fell briefly in disappointment then turning tail to head back up the hill to the lake she had passed on the way here. She would rest there for the night and then continue her adventures in this valley at dawn. 

497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
He hadn't meant to backtrack as far as he did. The others - Bazi, Scimitar, their kids, the rest of the survivors from the peak, - they were all busying themselves with various tasks. Some were exploring, others sought shelter and food for the foreseeable future; if a hunting party hadn't been established yet, it probably soon would be. And here he was, young Tryphon, avoiding responsibility and wandering back the way they had come. He didn't go far, but as the hours wore on and he noticed the sun beginning to shift in the sky, he realized the mistake of his desire.

So, he turned around and began to seek the scent of water. The river which flowed from the mountains in the north (what Scimitar had called Noctisardor-something) would be a good indicator as to how far he had roamed. Maybe he could even follow it back in to the thick of the grove before anyone notice his absence? A part of the boy thought, 'As if anyone would notice,' as he blundered along. Had anyone actually noticed when he drifted from the pack lands, days ago, aside from their alpha male?

Tryphon was distracted by his thoughts, so he did not notice the figure of another wolf until they were too close; and then, with an abrupt side-step and his fur rising upon his nape, he ducked his head and turned around. Was it Scimitar? Had he noticed Tryphon's accidental dispersal and come to reprimand him? His ears fell back and he slunk low, excessively submissive, until he realized it was just a wandering woman. A rogue who seemed to be distracted by the water.

Maybe if he was lucky, she wouldn't notice him - and then he could get back home, pronto.
I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
154 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Here's the deal. I have to edit the first post because I've decided to join soon to be LCH it doesnt effect youre post so don't worry too much.

Wynter began heading for the water but she caught a glimpse of another wolf near her. Almost too close for comfort. She quickly spun around to face the wolf. The male didn't seem all that threatening in fact he was in the middle of submitting to her before he apparently came to his senses about something. Perhaps this wolf had mistaken her for someone else.

"Can I help you with something?" she asked trying to sound polite. "Sorry if that comes across a little harsh, you just startled me that's all." She took a deep breathe as she tried to recollect all her emotions and regain her composure. This wolf sure had spooked her. She was already on edge because she wasn't exactly in a stable state as far as emotions and other wolves might see that as a weakness.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
It wasn't Scimitar, which was good (although Tryphon was caught wondering how he had confused this stranger with his burly leader), but it was a stranger. A stranger that was far too close to the peak wolves' new home. Any reasonable creature would have been defensive about it; heck, Scimitar himself would probably chase this girl away on sight. Everyone was on edge after the fire. This could have been the perfect moment to prove his loyalty to the pack -- by chasing a lone wolf out, and reporting the incident.

But that wasn't what Tryphon would do. He thought about it briefly, but the line of thought was struck from his mind as soon as the stranger began to speak. Her tone wasn't hostile, and her posture was hardly aggressive. The boy eased out of his own heightened submissive stance and tried to shrug off the entire situation.

"No," he started to say, his voice sounding meek initially. "I mean - no, I don't need your help." He lifted his head and puffed up a little bit, trying to look as intimidating as Scimitar. He really just looked like a fluffed up rooster. "This land belongs to my family. What are you doing here?" That sounded like something a warden would say, right? It felt fake. It felt strange. But what else was he supposed to do in this situation? Invite her back home when the pack was just getting settled? Yeah, right.