Blacktail Deer Plateau riptide
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Weird post is weird. My bad.

Constantine nudged a rock over, his fiery eyes blinking as dozens of ants seemed to explode from the chaos he had just created. Small and black, they seemed to crawl from evert crevice in a sudden frenzy, anxious to figure out what had just happened to their home.

Constantine felt like that sometimes, too.

A yawn escaped his dark jaws in that moment, and blinking, the youth glanced up sharply, lifting one paw and flicking it as he felt the touch of one of the ants. Prowling away from his ‘destruction,’ the boy ambled onward, his tail waving behind him as he attempted once more to find something to satiate his boredom.
all you have is your fire
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Brother! *pounce*

Eilidh was a young princess with a quick and able mind. Her body was much the same, small and swift, growing lankier every day. The golden girl wandered around their home, thankful that the fire had been put out by the rain. Her heart would have ached too much to have to leave it.

Ahead she spotted her brother and a mischievous grin spread across her ivory maw. Her emerald eyes glittered in the sunlight as she crept toward him, muscles coiling as she readied herself to pounce. With one last shake of her rump, the girl darted forward, hoping to land on her brother's back or roll them into the grass.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Oblivious to being hunted, the swarthy boy would stop every so often, his nose pressing to the dirt as he inhaled the scents their home had to offer. His aspiration was to be a hunter for at least one of his trades, and he kept meaning to engage one of the pack adults to show him the best ways to track the migration of the herds.

So it was ironic when his muzzle lifted and his eyes only glimpsed the blur of cream as a wolf made t tackle him – his senses were to be on alert at all times, and how quickly he had failed in that!

Confusion shifted to panic rather suddenly – and then ebbed to amusement a she realized it was his sister. He tightened his muscles, his muzzle only lowering slightly to better take the impact when his sibling bulldozed him fully then. He rolled with her, not trying to hold back, and when he landed smoothly upon his side, the boy had it in his mind he would spring back up, much like a tiger, and bounce back at her.

Instead, he stumbled, and nose-dived.. stumbling toward his sister.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
They rolled and bounced as a pair, and when Eilidh came up to her paws, she saw her brother do likewise. It wasn't until he moved toward her, as if to pounce her back, that he tumbled face-first into the dirt at her feet. With a loud laugh that bespoke pure amusement, Eilidh tagged his head with a forepaw and raced off, shouting, "You're it!" Then she zig-zagged away from him, using her lithe limbs to propel her toward the safety of the underbrush. She hid then, sucking in air as quietly as she could, peeking through the brush to see if her brother followed.
Trades
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The opportunity given to his sister for his clumsy footing was not missed, and as Constantine landed promptly at her paws face first, he only had a moment to determine how much it had hurt before a forepaw swatted his head and his sister’s pale form zoomed off, an exuberant ‘you’re it’ shouting behind her.

Young and resilient, Constantine was back on his paws and racing after his sister, never one to pass up a game of tag. Eilidh was lissome and light – her figure graceful as she stayed a distance ahead of him. She went from sight for a moment, and when he rounded after her, she was not where he had expected her to be.

Even his sister was not that agile.

With a gentle hum, Constantine dropped his pace to a trot, a goofy grin lighting up his dark features. With his nose drifting closer to the ground, he began to smell her out.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
She had hidden from him only for a moment when he crept closer, using his nose to find her. Eilidh knew Con's nose was superb, just like hers. They were trackers in the making. So as she watched him wend his way closer, she formed a plan. When he came near, her haunches were coiled as if ready to strike, and as soon as he turned to face away, she jumped him. She aimed to roll him again, but felt her paws slip behind her. She didn't want to tumble down into his face, but it was too late to change direction now.
Trades
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
His sister sprung like a coil, and stiffening, Constantine braced himself for her clumsy takeoff. This time, the chocolate wolf would aim to meet her force, and as she stumbled, would lift himself higher to wrap a paw around her back and pull her to him, his jaws seeking to catch playfully upon her ear or cheek.

A playful growl bubbled from his jaws, and his own tail whipped through the summer air – thoroughly enjoying the antics of his sibling.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Constantine was ready for her this time. When their bodies collided, he wrapped a leg around her and brought her own with him, reaching his jaws toward her. With a wicked play-growl, Eilidh turned to face him, aiming to lock her teeth into his scruff. Their bodies hit the ground and they bounced, but stayed together. The cream and chocolate bodies rolled in a blur through the grass, all gangly legs and snarling teeth.
Trades
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Their tussle was purely wrought on by play and stubbornness. At least on Constantine’s part. Eilidh gave as good as she got and then some – and Constantine only pushed away when a paw haphazardly thwacked him in the eye.

Unhurt, the boy cast a mischievous grin to his sister. Without sound, but with a playful snap to the air, the brown wolf leapt away, his tongue lolling form his mouth as he sped away, initiating a round of chase. Dirt flung up from his paws as his streamlined form raced forward, and not once did he cast his black-masked face back to see if how close she was.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Apparently Constance (her loving nickname for her brother) didn't like getting thwacked in the eye. With a laugh, she rolled away from him, using his added momentum pushing away from her to roll onto her stomach. With tears and dirt in her eyes, Eilidh scrambled to follow her retreating brother across the plains of the plateau. Her legs were lanky and strong as they carried her away from their hiding place toward her fleeing brother's form. She sped toward him, gaining on him little by little, and finally was able to catch up to him with one last push of strength. She nipped at his flank and rocketed toward the right, careening away from him, forcing him to change direction too late. She was already running away.
Trades
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Eilidh was swift -- and her nip to his flank brushed his fur, but as she attempted to change direction and veer away to begin the game of chase as him once more the chaser, Constantine tipped his muzzle back to cast her yet one more mischievous glance before he continued to race in the opposite direction, his laugh lilting to the trees of the Plateau. "Next time," he hollered back at her with a wink, hoping she could hear them as they had distanced themselves quite a bit. Speeding away, the dark chocolate wolf had ended their bout of play to move to something else -- he would catch up with his pale sister later in the evening and they would likely have another tussle -- of which, no doubt, his slender littermate would win.