Blackfeather Woods Anarchy, my dear
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
@Akela 
And backdated:)

Surveying the scene around her, she held her head high. Even though it was not asked, Nemesis felt she needed to actually do something that was of importance to the pack.So far, her days had been spent dealing with packmates, hunting, and fighting the urge to rip someones head off. Her packmates, she found were..interesting. She still hadn't  fully warmed up to them, and that, she had to say was somewhat her fault. But she didn't mind. Though it wasn't good that she had made some already dislike her, regardless of how okay she felt about it. But in someway, they were all alike. All, mostly, had their own horrors of their past. This pack was good for her, and they for her. She had not fully gotten into the habit of working with them, against the urge to work against them. But that would change. You're in a pack, they rely on you and you should rely on them. It's not like before, She reminded herself. 
She stood at the borders of the dark pack. She wasn't occupied today. No training, packmates or drama to concern herself with. It did help that today, she wasn't in a fit. The last few weeks had been horrendous, torturing her mind and body with anger and rage. For now, the moods would pass until in a few days time it would begin again. The bloodlust and thirst to sink her teeth and nails into something again and she'd become a walking time bomb. She would enjoy the freedom while it lasted. If there happened to be a trespasser, maybe she could have some fun. But for now, he wouldn't be looking for trouble. Just yet. 
Her nose suddenly twitched, a new scent was carried along the breeze to reach her nose. Her eyes narrowed. Intruder, her mind instantly flashed. Growling, she stood up. What did the universe have against her so that she could not have one day of miserable contentness? Latching onto the scent, she ran. The wolf whoever they were, was too close to the borders for her liking. Approaching closer, she knew that the trespasser was male. And Blackfeather? She hadn't known of a new arrival. But still, to be sure, she would have to question the male. In the distance she would clearly see the outline of the male. He was toned, for sure, and didn't look like a wolf you wanted to mess with. But so was she, and for those who knew her, she wasn't to be messed with. Approaching the male, she held herself well, intimidating and showing she wasn't easily swayed. But she didn't need to try, her malevolent and cruel nature shone out and there was no hiding it. "Who are you?" She coldly asked. She didn't want to be extremely rude, incase he was Blackfeather but she had to be sure.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Sure there had not been any official introductions, but Akela had honestly thought he had met all of the adult population this pack had. He had waited for each and every one of them to come to him, feel comfortable enough to do so, while remaining slightly outside of the pack as a sign of respect. He was in the lower ranks for now, he needed to test the higher ones without truly showing that he was testing and analyzing them. Reason behind that was to challenge their dominance later on. For now, he needed his strength back, and discover the home Burke had offered. He was doing some reconnaissance when he felt a presence behind him and a wolf follow short afterwards.  He did not take kindly to be approached in such fashion and therefore lifted his head, his demeanor imposing a deserved respect for an elder wolf despite his lower ranking.  "Someone with a very low temper for rudeness coming from a packmate" he replied calmly , yet an inch away from teaching the female a lesson in manners.  " Use your nose instead of your eyes and you'll know  I'm a friendly. "  Dumbass  he thought to himself.   "You must be one of the wolves I still had to meet.  I'm Akela, an old friend of Burke and new addition to this pack. And who might your growling self be  ?"  Answer was either Lusa, Shego or her sister or Nemesis , as those were the females he had not met yet.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
However intimidating he tried to be, she was not swayed. She was still above him, and respect was still given. But she smirked, she did the same thing to many of her packmates. The only way to really make an impression was to make clear who was boss, no matter what the rank. And for that reason, she decided she wouldn't take his rude tone to heart. "I can use my eyes and my nose but I still know you're not friendly" She shot back. She didn't make friends, and she had a feeling that he didn't care for them either. This meeting was a test, and should he ever place higher in the ranks than her, she would make sure he knew she would give him the same attitude he had given her today. 
Though, he was right. Low temper, you have no idea, she glowered in the thought. And for his sake, she hoped he would never meet her in that temper. She didn't even trust herself when she was in the faze. 
"I'm Nemesis. And don't worry, i'm not very friendly either, so save yourself the trouble of trying to terrify me with your whole mean look going on here" She callously teased, but with no intention of laughter. She had just about enough of others trying to scare her into submission when the truth was, they just looked silly. Almost every greeting she had with many of her packmates was them trying to scare her by insinuating that they were so bad and evil. It was getting old.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
"Let me guess...your counselor skills are telling you that. " Akela remarked more sarcastically than anything else. Of all the wolves he had met, this one must have been the most conceited one.  Akela did not really move nor make himself bigger, more scary, he just remained with his natural charisma and looked at her just as long as she talked. Once she gave him a name, he huffed.  "Fascinating ...well  Nemesis we're acquainted, have a nice day, if you know what that is." he spoke and started to walk of.  He was not giving more time or interest into this conversation, mostly because she had told him that she was not friendly , so not one to want any more interactions than needed.  Have a cock fight was good  for young wolves, he had passed that age of being agressive or defensive. He made important points clear to the other party when needed, other than that, he was just rolling his eyes at a behavior such as Nemesis'. In his old pack, she would have been called a thug, he was decent enough to spare her that name , as it would only be provokation.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis narrowed her eyes at his remark. Counselor skills..? Like she had the patience to sit down and talk about problems. But what she didn't need was to make another enemy out of her packmates. Especially when it was her fault. Sighing, she loped after him. "Wait. Sorry for my rudeness, i'm not very...sociable" She grimaced. At this point, she didn't really care for any rude remarks thrown her way. If she was going to live in this pack, she might as well start by making amends with those she had been less courteous to. No matter how hard it was for her. Saying sorry wasn't her strong suit, she had always been expected to apologize for everything, even if it wasn't her fault, in her old pack. Giving them another reason to gloat was all that she resented.  

"I'm not arrogant i'm just defensive. And yes, I know it's a bad thing. I've been told" She frowned, remembering her own thought's against herself.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela did not stop as she joined her.  To be honest, he had not even said or asked for any explanation whatsoever to how and why she was acting the way she did. It was up to her to keep wolves away from her, while wanting the safety of a pack. If Burke and Meldresi had let her in , there was a reason. "You're big enough to make your own decisions on what you do or not do with yourself and others.  " he simply replied without any reproach in his voice. It was just stated as a detached fact.  "But since you seem more inclined for social interactions, why don't you give me information about this area ?"
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis was thankful he didn't divulge greater into the subject. Instead, she strained her mind away from her problems and to the conversation at hand.
"Well this area is covered in what we call the Web. Basically it's a long winding cave that leads all around Blackfeather, made up of other tunnels. There are entrances everywhere, cave openings, holes anything really if you know where to look. I do believe that there are many den's down there if you like sleeping underground" She shrugged. Personally, she didn't like the that down there she found was stuffy and cramped but outside she could breathe naturally and not feel so compressed. 
"If you go far enough you can get to Spiderlings Den via the Web. It's the heart of Blackfeather. I've only been once, it's nice actually. Waterfall and everything" 
She didn't know what else to tell him, but then she recalled the incident in the swamp land, Wispmother's Grotto. 
"If you head northeast, you will find Wispmother's Grotto. It's a fascinating place, actually. More of a mossy swampy place though. And the blue lights, it's not in your head so don't worry" She silently smirked, remembering how she thought the Wisp's were a figure of her imagination. 
"There are many other places, like Redgrove and Namira's Mire, but i'm sure you'll come across them in no time" She finished. 
She found herself wondering who Akela came to be here, at Blackfeather. But if someone had asked her, she would be hesitant to share. "Care to tell me how you ended up here? I find most who come here have the most riveting back stories" But she didn't expect an answer, she respected other wolves silence when it came to past experiences.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela looked around while she explained. She had a good knowledge of the territory. It was a test to him for Burke had already given him the tour, but he needed to assess his packmates, know what they knew or not knew. There was no malevolence in it, but he liked to know who he was living with.  " I shall keep that in mind if I ever go there then" he commented when she spoke about the blue lights.

"Like I said, Burke and I are close friends, we were companions on the road for a little while. I always said  I would come to him eventually , so here I am. "  he spoke, not trusting her enough to reveal the whole truth. She would have enough with that information.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis took his short answer as a clue to back away from the subject, and she was fine with it. She herself had never fully told anyone what happened in her past and didn't feel comfortable sharing at all. It was interesting to hear about him and Burke's companionship as lone wolves. She wondered where they had come from, but she felt it was her time to leave.

"Well, I guess you won't be stumbling here if you have a friend like Burke" She commented. If she knew anything about Burke, it was that he wouldn't let those he cared for down. She could tell. 
"I'd tell you good luck, but I have a feeling you don't need it" She smirked before turning the other way. She walked a few paces before calling a short, "See you around!" and disappearing into the broken forest.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela stopped.  "See you around, Nemesis.  " he replied and watched her disappear into the forest.  He was having mixed feelings about the female. Maybe those were just first impressions, but he had to keep an eye out for her. Meanwhile, he decided to move on , walking in the opposite direction to continue exploring the woods, and his new home.  Maybe even find something to thank Burke for his hospitality. Who knew.

END