Blackfeather Woods Have you heard of the midnight killer?
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
For either @Oli or @Venus . Welcome! To whoever wants it :)

Her enter entrance had been an easy one into Blackfeather, an undying promise of loyalty and a few bloodsheds later, her future could only go up. Blackfeather had felt like natural ground the second she had step foot into his shadowy forests, the blood drenched ground feeling comfortable under her paws. Unlike the laws of her old pack, her maleficent nature was in to be praised which ultimately assumed its position rightfully. She was no longer the blood crazed teen but the pure epitome of malicious evil in female form. If there was any a killer, it was her. Dragging the boy mutt to Wolfskull had only been an example of her bloodlusted ways, and as of that moment he was deeply tucked away in the cave, screaming to himself. 

New scents had entered Blackfeather the last few days, to her approval. Yet, she was curious to see what kind of souls had crept up on them, and if they were worth sticking around. Blackfeather was not a place for the weak of heart nor the unworthy. You had to earn you place, sometimes doing horrible things to do so. But that's the way her darkened heart ran, off of the fury that lay beneath and her vicious desire to kill. Leeches would be found and the cowards would be gone, and she could only hope that the new arrivals met the criteria. Failures had drifted by, there existence lost to her, but some had stayed till they were needed. Some just weren't dark enough, to be brutally honest. But as it had been made clear, as long as one was loyal and held their place, anyone could survive in Blackfeather. Maybe.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Zeta
We can't die we're dead inside.
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus was trotting along, focused on learning her surroundings. Her cold eyes scanning past the bushes, looking for any respectable hiding spots. Her mouth open. She smelt a strange scent, she knew it was a wolf, but she didn't know who. It wasn't anyone she had already met. She slowed to a walk. She placed one foot, strategically in front of the other. Her ears perked, her eyes sharp. She saw an unknown figure, when she decided it was a wolf. Her eyes staring, unmoving. Venus didn't want to meet the new wolf, but she knew she had to. She didn't want to sneak up on the wolf. 
"Hello?" She said, her voice was cold. She wasn't about to hide who she was to become friends with some wolf. Her eyes were sharp, she was standing still, her tail a bit lower than her back. She wasn't standing dominantly, what so ever in fact. Just confident, she wasn't a coward. Cowards are disgusting, she really was hoping this wolf wasn't soft.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis whipped around to meet the eyes of the stranger, who seemed to mirror her own expression. Her icily cold eyes met the females, not liking how confident this one was. Sure, confidence was good. Just not in front of her. The female was an odd colour, varied and different to what Blackfeather was accustomed to. It always said something, the ones who stayed were always black in colour, not the lighter ones. Shrugging the thought of, she refocused her attention back to the female. Her stance lifted, straightening her back to a bigger size. Whoever this new wolf was, she wasn't about to be greeted in a special way. Infact, Nemesis never greeted anyone differently. All emotions were absent but her rigidly hard eyes that reflected any sign of emotion. Newcomers were always especially haughty, thinking that they were all the buzz. Arrogant little pricks, she could only hope that this one wasn't. Little did they know what everyone else truly were, and who she was. 

"Hello. You must be new" She replied, no sign of any kindness even hinted in her tone. Instead, her eyes only hardened, a look that some would call intimidating. She looked over the girl, a little small in size but probably made up in agility. Her main focus was if she could take her or not, as bad as it was. No matter who it was, she always sought out weaknesses and strengths on the other.  Her own training put her at a higher standpoint of tactical advantage, at least that's what she seen. It was time to test the girl, see what she was made of before a final judgement was made. In any case, Nemesis didn't make friends and anyone that came remotely close to one was the boy Xan. Any hostility that arise, which it always did when she was involved, wouldn't be stored in her mind. She always had a causing mayhem. 

"What made you choose Blackfeather?" She asked, curious. Some that joined didn't even know of the Dark Brotherhood or what they stood for. Blackfeather was anything but a normal pack, nothing like the stupid little happy-go-lucky packs that pranced about on the light side. Only a fool wouldn't realise it he second they stepped foot onto the territory.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus returned her harshness with slit eyes. She didn't need special treatment. She knew she was the new one, not at an advantage. Her body language showed she knew she wasn't top dog. She didn't want to come of like that, because that has angered her in the past with others. Venus liked how harsh this female was. She wasn't and frilly flowers and butterflies wolf, which those wolves made her want to vomit. The only true emotion that Venus showed was interest, but you had to be a miracle worker to pull that out from her harsh eyes. She shifted her back paw back. She nodded at the strangers question about being new. 

"I joined Blackfeather Woods because I don't like messing around. I hate wimps and frankly, the disgust me. From what I've seen so far, I like it. This pack is not here to drag dead weight." Her voice was harsh. She was extremely serious about this. She wasn't here to take up space. She was here to do what she did best at, and nothing less.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
*jumps in randomly*

Hunting was proving to be more irritating everyday. From the moment he had awoken to this point, Mikasi had been working his ass off. Still, after all that work he had only been able to get a whopping number of three small prey. Two squirrels and a rabbit, which now hanged from his jaws as he moved on. It wasn't necessarily a bad number or anything. It just was a reminder that winter was coming and fast. Time for the suffering to begin.

Mikasi was visibly worn out. His panting was heavy and brown sides heaved back and forth. Why couldn't there had been more prey? The thought of less prey made him growl between the thick fur of rabbit.

The male's original route was to go to the caches and drop off the food, but something stopped him. Voices between the trees. He took an immediate turn to see who could be lurking.

With heavy paws, Mikasi came closer and closer to the voices. The closer he got, the more visible the wolf forms became. One, he could immediately recognize as Nemesis, though the other he had know idea.  By the looks of it, they appeared to be in a serious and evil sort of state. It bought a toothy grin on his maw. This could be fun.

He let the rabbit drop to the floor so he was able to speak. "Hello ladies," he purred, almost in a sort of coy way.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus snapped her head around her eyes were cold. She drew her lips up to a snarl. She remained silent though. Her fur stood on end and her tail was lashing. Any idiot with a brain could see she was pissed. She didn't like  his attitude. She was seriously debating on jumping him right then and there because of his attitude, but she stopped herself knowing he was a pack mate. He is lucky.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis narrowed her eyes as Mikasi enter ended the scene, as cocky as ever. She would have told him off then and there before Venus let out a growl of her own. Honestly, she didn't see why the girl was so pissed. There was a difference from being territorial to just being plain out rude. Yet, Mikasi's tone was something she didn't approve of. His manners were absent on a constant basis she wondered when he would learn. 
"Enough" She growled, clearly annoyed with the outburst. It wasn't Venus's place to put Mikasi in his place, for despite the maturity level, Mikasi was higher and she was even more. 

Turning to face the male, she greeted him. "Hello Mikasi" Nothing more was required to be said to him for in truth she didn't want be led on a rage of her own. Something stupid was bound to come out of his mouth and set her off, and in that moment her tolerance was lessening. Returning her attention back to the female, she explained Mikasi's presence. "He joined a little earlier than you did. He is also a higher rank than you. If you do not learn that, you will suffer greatly here" she spoke, her voice stone cold. She wasn't reprimanding the girl, but it was something all newcomers needed to learn, for the pack ran off the ability to respect the older . But she did not forget about the male, who's arrogance was far too great for her approval. He would learn very soon the consequences of his tone.

@Venus Just so you know it's Mikasi's turn next (Nemesis, Venus, Mikasi)
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus listened to the stranger wolf, she never caught her name. The only reason for her outburst was his tone, he acted high and mighty. Packs are supposed to help each other, not prove who is better than the other. Her eyes were still cold and harsh. She relaxed, let her tail drop, and laid her fur flat. She might be small, but she had a temper. She wasn't about to let this cocky male run her over like a steam roller. She greatly appreciated the words of those older than her, his tone just bugged her. He seemed like a wolf that could easily manipulate his surroundings my smooth talking.

Sorry I'm not making big threads I'm in a very inconvenient place, at my dads, I was last night no. He dosent  like any of this so I'm very sorry about that.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
The reaction from the stranger was a little surprising, to say the least. But it had also made Mikasi feel slightly disrespected. He was of course in higher ranking, meaning he should have slight more respect. Then again, he couldn't blame her. His cocky attitude can put many on the rocker.

The male cocked his head to one side. "Better watch how you greet strangers, sunshine. Never know you're talkin' to." Those words weren't meant to be rude, but a mere warning. He could have put her in place at the very moment, but chose not to. Besides, he was new. No need to get over confident. Yet.

"So," he started, "Watcha two chattin' about?"
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis narrowed her cold eyes at the male, who seemed to think he was innocent in the scuffle. It took two to tango, regardless of what the thought. "And you should watch the way you speak to others before you learn the hard way" She warned him but with no sympathy in her eyes. It was wolves like him who she wanted to squish into oblivion for their tone that simply existed to annoy. 
"Nothing. Now if you'd kindly leave the vicinity, that would be greatly appreciated" Yet she didn't expect him to do anything of the sort. She simply wanted him to revel in the fact that he was not required to speak at all in her presence nor make any form of kind communication directed at her. 

She did however approve of the girl's answer to her question, one of the reason for her journey to Blackfeather. Somewhere simply, "I want to be tough!" on "I've got problems. Pity me." Those answers, she had enough of. Blackfeather wasn't a place for the weak of mind, nor a pack to be used or leeched off of. The girl seemed to have a good head on her shoulders as she calmed down to a reasonable mood. At least the new girl knew her place, despite her demeanor. Mikasi, however, didn't. If he didn't learn his, she would make him herself. 

"Yes, Blackfeather is quite different. I'm sure you've noticed. We have a different outlook than the others, darker and much more evil, per say. This is not a place for the faint of heart nor the afraid to kill innocent blood. Assassins, murders and downright raging lunatics live here. I hope you realise that" She lectured, emphasising the last line. Some didn't even know what they were getting into when they joined, and she was hopeful that whoever accepted her had warned her of such things. To her, innocence didn't matter, she had no problem slaughtering children or the weak and defenseless. Blood was blood, no matter who it belonged to. Yet, some failed to understand that it was exactly what Blackfeather ran off of, the ability to kill and deal with the consequences.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus wondered what kept Mikasi so happy all the time, it wasn't something she had possessed. It was strange, but to each his own. She rolled her eyes as his last few words sunshine. She was anything but sunshine. But she kept her mouth shut. 
"I know what I got myself in to." She raised the corner of her mouth to a smile. "But, thank you for again telling me. I am not afraid to get my paws dirty, no matter if it's the blood of other wolves, or doing things to help my pack, I will try to do my very best." 
Venus never lied, and if she did, there was a really good reason behind it. She used every sentence like it was her last. "The only thing I will need from this pack is their support." Along with not lying, she was very rarely caught asking for some kind of support from others, but she knew making friends could be helpful along the way, plus she wanted others to trust her here, even if that consisted softening up a bit, which would be hard for her but the effort would pay off, she knew it. 
"I never caught your name." Venus's question glanced at the female, her eyes still showed some kind of submission, but they were mainly back to their usual harshness, they were not aggressive, a small spark of happiness showed also, it wasn't a chore to see, but you couldn't just glance and pick it up.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
He grunted at the words of Nemesis. "Fine," he groaned. This pack sure took things very seriously. Didn't they know how to have a little fun once in awhile? Were they even capable to bond with each other? Those questions would be answered in another time.

A toothy smile grew over his maw. "Oh common. I just wanna get to know my packmates," he hissed softly between his fangs. It was true though. If he was ever going to bond with these wolves he would have to spend time with them. But at the moment, it seemed that they were trying to shoo him away. I don't get women sometimes, he thought to himself.

Instead of leaving, Mikasi decided to sit down and be the third wheel of the conversation. He sat there awkwardly as he listened onto the female's conversation of how dark Blackfeather was. What caught his attention was not being afraid of killing innocent blood. What was that supposed to mean? To him, it made it sound like they were killing children. He was taught that only pups had the mind of the innocent. Mikasi could easily kill older wolves, no regrets. But young? That wasn't something he was looking up to.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Disregarding the failed attempt at getting Mikasi to leave, turned her attention back to the female, not bothering to waste her patience on the stubborn male. 
"My name is Nemesis. And yes, as in the Goddess of revenge" She normally didn't give a lot of backstory to her name, but seeing as how they were both there,  she would kill two birds with one stone. Besides, it would give a little incentive to Mikasi how she dealt with problems. She was particularly proud of her name, even though it was given by her bastard mother. Her desire to seek revenge was her way of justice, no matter what they said about peace. 

"Is something making you uncomfortable over there?" She asked spitefully, picking up on the body language coming from Mikasi. Anyone asking to join Blackfeather had to know what exactly they were surrounding themselves with, and what they were required to do. Yet, Venus seemed to have a clear idea of what she signed up for, yet again giving an approved answer. Her tone seemed truthful, something hard to come by in the world they lived in. She spoke about killing other wolves like it was nothing, a good start for an outsider. Yet, sometimes they were required to kill not just grown wolves but teens and children, the innocent and weak. There was a difference between saying one could do something and actually doing it. Maybe that was what Mikasi was indifferent towards. "We are required to kill anything asked of us. No questions, no hesitations" . She said, emphasising 'anything'. Many still needed a reminder of their pledge to the Night Mother and their duties to the pack.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus was interested in Nemesis, she seemed to be wise, and know what she was doing, Venus knew she could learn a lot from her. 
"Beautiful name." Venus commented, and gave a friendly nod. 
She also picked up the Mikasi had gradually become uncomfortable. She felt as though he didn't know what he had signed up for. But it wasn't her place or time to say anything. She could have been wrong, she just noticed it around the time Nemesis had mentioned about being faint hearted. She knew she could have totally guessed wrong. Venus would do what ever she was ordered to do, even if that meant putting her own life in danger. She wasn't afraid to do what she had to do, even if it ate her up inside. She was extremely curious about the answer Mikasi was about to give. She stood waiting, when a sharp pain went through her stomach. She had been dealing with it for a while, when it came, the only sign of pain she gave off, was her eyes became distant and cloudy. As the pain slowly subsided, she strained her ears, trying to focus on something besides her stomach.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Mikasi didn't seem to notice his somewhat nervous posture until Nemesis pointed it out. He shook his head to break from his thought. "What?", he asked. "No! What makes 'ya think that?" He averted his eyes to someplace in the distance, not wanting to make awkward eye contact.

He listened onto the conversation more, hearing they were to kill anything no hesitation. On one hand that was fine by him. Besides, he was in fact born upon war. Raised to fight in battles. But to take lives of the innocent future of their kind was alot to ask from him.

He turned back towards the too, sitting up and shaking off the dust. "Well, sweet-, I mean Nemesis. I'd like to know how many lives you have taken since you arrived here," he chuffed. "Lot's I reckon?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
I couldn't help myself XD Burke Cameo! :D

Burke was often going through the territory to check if everything is okay. He could also track where his pack mates have been and if there was anything new on the caches. Plus the alpha male was doing a mini patrol around the Red Grove to check if anyone has been close to it. That pack mate would be very unfortunate. It was generally known now that there the former queen and Burke's mate was resting. Burke was pleased to only smell his own for now. He carried on, as he heard voices Burke moved more into the shadows. 

He watched the three wolves together and chatting. Or well, he heard Nemesis state that they had to kill anything that was asked. Not entirely true, that only counted for Nemesis since she wanted to become an assassin. Spies didn't have to kill, they were utilized for spy missions after all. Then Mikasi returned the question to Nemesis. Burke found it time to intervene and stepped towards the group. His demeanor was usually calm and assertive, though his docked tail was up to let them know he was still dominant. "She has," he replied the question for Nemesis to Mikasi. 

Nemesis had been at the borders often, hence why she recently gotten her warden. They even had a few trespassers where Nemesis was present ready to kill. "You will get your fill of that too if you are interested," he pointed out to Mikasi. His pale eyes then fell on Venus for a moment. He did encourage his members to bond with each other so he wasn't going to scold the trio of not doing any work. The alpha was pleased to see that there was already some conversation going. "Only Nemesis is asked to kill anything since she chose that path herself," he pointed out vaguely. He wasn't going to talk about the brotherhood, but he could hint at it. "Maybe one day you two will get to choose a path too," he added with a bit of a mysterious grin. Nemesis knew that she couldn't say too much either. She was still in training, which reminded Burke that he should continue with her lessons. He eyed at Nemesis that he realized her lessons were a bit neglected. He would come back to her with that later. Burke wasn't going to hang around for long. He gave them a quick nod in goodbye before continuing with his tasks. 

- Burke out -
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist