Blacktail Deer Plateau Following a star has lead to where you are
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine sensed it: Hawkeye would be going into season soon. It drove him into a beastly temper. On one hand, he lusted after her, waiting for the moment when he would ravish her for purposes greater even than their pleasure. It was difficult to be patient and bide his time, while his hormones raged. And, on the other, he suddenly didn't trust any other male in the pack to stay away from his mate. Like a jungle cat always ready to pounce, Peregrine prowled around the territory, keeping a watchful eye out for wayward suitors. He couldn't keep track of Hawkeye every single second of every day, though, and it drove him mad.

He took out his frustration on a wayward badger, mauling it to death. Presently, he stood panting over his bloody kill, then savagely tore into it. He ate his fill, then dragged the rest of the carcass to a cache. One leg, however, he ripped free. It dangled from his swarthy muzzle as he marched through the forest, intent to find the Alpha female and present it to her. They would be trying for a family soon and she needed the nourishment. And the leg could be used for a more nefarious purpose: to beat away any males that dared come too close to Peregrine's woman.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
And there he was, her prancing Perry. Happily carrying something — what was that, a paw? — in his mouth, and she wondered what it was for. She had pictured engagement stones him bringing her gifts, and now here he was.

She bound up to him, licking his ear and over his right eye in an excited hello. "Hello, my prancer. What is that you have in your mouth?" As if she didn't know.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When he spotted her through the trees, relief flooded him. He paused, allowing her to come to him and loving the way she pranced nearer like an excited filly. When her tongue swiped over his face, he growled affectionately, then dropped the meat at her paws. He then returned the favor by passing his warm tongue over her own face, all the while whispering sweet—and perhaps a little dirty—nothings into her ear.

"It's for you, of course," he said more loudly. "I love getting you gifts just for the hell of it but... I figure you could use the extra nourishment if you're gonna be carrying pups soon." His tongue lolled from his mouth in a broad, wolfish grin that only few ever saw, and his tail swept the air.

Unable to stand the distance—if only an inch—between them, he pressed nearer to her and slid his muzzle along her cheek. "Mmm," he rumbled under his breath, "do you think it'll be soon...?" He knew they could mate right now and it would be as enjoyable as ever, yet Peregrine was impatient for her to be truly receptive. He couldn't wait to make babies with Hawkeye.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
A smiled rose on her fast like the creeping of the sun past the mountainside, bursting from the edge in full power. Even though she had figured it was for her, the sweet gesture burned her cheeks and made her chest flutter like the flurry of snow when the wind blew around in circles upon her — their — lands.

"Thank you, Prancer." She mumbled appreciatively into his ear before realizing he had just mentioned pups. "I, well, I am not sure. I have never been through such a thing before. I guess we will be able to tell?" Honestly, Hawkeye had never learned about such things from her parents, and what she did know had faded away, memory only serving the purpose of telling her that once upon a time her brother had sat her down for such discussion since "mom and dad don't like talking about that kind of stuff, kiddo."

"I hope so," she pushed on him, answering whether or not she thought it would be soon. "What do you think they will look like?" Her ears perked and the green eyes lit up with excitement and amusement.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hawkeye didn't seem too certain about it, which earned a lazy, roguish smile from Peregrine. Their eyes met for a moment, then he slid his nose along her shoulder blade, down the curve of her back and onto her rump. He gave her a quick lick, then brushed his nose over the point where her buttocks and tail met. He groaned lustily, then reluctantly returned to her anterior, whereupon he nibbled at her neck.

"I think you're nearly ready, baby," he murmured huskily into her ear. "You smell better than anything I've ever smelled before, you know that?" He continued grooming her, his tongue now flicking along her jawline, then tickling at the base of her ears. With a quiet laugh, he stuck his tongue in there, then pranced away before she could rebuke him.

When she asked what their children would look like, Peregrine's loins tightened and his eyes sparkled. "Like you, I hope," he said, remembering Rob's advice. The sentiment was honest and genuine, though. "You're the sexiest woman I've ever laid eyes on," he added with a low, flirtatious growl. Then, when it occurred to him what he'd just said, "Not that I want our children to be sexy... ugh, if we have little girls, I'm never gonna let them out of my sight."

And, suddenly, he was contemplating what it would be like to have daughters. A thought came to him like a thunderbolt and he looked up suddenly, as if struck. "If we have a little girl, I want to name her Osprey, after my sister. Would that be okay...?" Peregrine's dusky eyes met hers. "We could call her... Osprey Junior," he joked, though the more he thought of it, the more the name actually grew on him.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
A laugh gurgled from her throat when he mentioned "sexy" pups. He really needed to think before he spoke, but she figured that it would be something he would never be fluent in.

"Yes, as long as I can call her "O.J. Simpson". We should name our son "Prancer" after his father." Another laugh spilled from her, her inability to stay serious present. Her eyes shone as she awaited his reaction to her words.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"You're welcome to call her O.J.," he agreed with a light laugh, "and I'm fine with whatever you want to call the others." Peregrine nuzzled her lightly, his tail twitching. "Speaking of which, what surname do you want them to have? The babies and me could both take your name and we can be the Raptor family," he quipped, "or you're all welcome to mine, of course, and we can further extend the prolific Redleaf-DiSarinno line."

The wind brushed through the trees overhead, shaking their bare limbs. The Alpha's ears pricked and he glanced upward, then back down when the smell of meat drifted past his nostrils. "You should eat up, babe," he said, then quite suddenly his eyes closed and he groaned low in his throat. "You are definitely close if not already there. You smell phenomenal."

And, suddenly, he was pressing against her, growling under his breath and nipping her, albeit gently. "Forget that bone," he whispered hoarsely in her ear, his eyes flickering over the leg bone sitting on the ground at her feet. "I have a different kind of bone for you." Peregrine's quiet laugh tousled the little hairs just inside Hawkeye's ear as he began to gently tug on and preen her silky nape.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye showed disinterest at the male's words, moving past him with swaying hips to snack upon the food. She raised her tail and let that flick back in forth as to tempt her lover. A smirk appeared on her face as she snapped a piece of flesh from bone.

"What if I told you I wasn't interested in your advances, Prancer?" Amusement touched her voice, something that she could not help. "Maybe I am not in the mood." She wondered if he could tell that she was attempting to get a reaction out of him and him all riled up.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When she drew away from him, Peregrine groaned theatrically. "Playing hard to get?" he questioned, enjoying the teasing even if it was slightly torturous. "As you should," he answered himself. "You're a knockout, you know, and a prize worth fighting for," he murmured, licking his lips and wiggling his brow at her. For the moment, her reluctance amused him rather than frustrated him.

With that said, the swarthy male didn't take her at her word. He moved closer to her again, crowding her even as she attempted to eat. Should the Alpha female seriously push him away, he would respect her wishes, of course... though he would also sulk. The smell of her—it drove him crazy with need. He quite literally couldn't help himself as he pressed against her, hoping his little licks and nibbles would put her in the mood.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
She turned and gave a little "hmph!" and pranced away in the fashion that he usually did. Then, she connected her eyes with his and raised her eyebrows. A smile cracked on her face as she turned and stuck her butt out and waved it at Peregrine.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
If/when she wants to do the deed, we can artfully fast forward through that part! :D

His eyes followed her as she pranced out of reach, leaving behind both him and the shank of meat. When she turned around and their eyes met, Peregrine's insides burned and she could likely see the smoldering in his dusky gaze. He took a tentative step toward her, stopped—treating her like a skittish rabbit that might run away at the drop of a hat—and froze altogether when she suddenly wiggled her booty at him.

"Oh, baby," he muttered under his breath. He wanted to rush to her, grasp those hips and draw them to his, yet for the moment, he stayed put, simply enjoying the view. "You know I adore you for your mind and your heart and all that gooey shit... but dayum, girl, that is a fantastic ass you have there."

Finally, he marched forward, making a strange, "Uhhhn," noise low in his throat as he gave her hindquarters a suggestive nip, then spent a few seconds preening her sleek black flanks. Before long, Peregrine positioned himself so that his chest pressed up against her tantalizing bottom. He could barely contain his urges; he wanted to rear up and pull her to him. But, like a gentleman, he awaited Hawkeye's consent.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye let a have bark, half whine escape from her throat. She was done playing with Peregrine.

With a growl she lowered herself and backed up at the same time, trying to scoop up her mate onto her back. The Alphess hoped that he would catch on quickly and gracefully pull himself up, but it was always a toss-up with the male.

ooc: yeeess, fade to black pls
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
We can either continue or wrap it up here, m'dear. :)

Peregrine growled affectionately as he pulled his mate into his embrace, during which his mouth ended up close to her ear. "I thought so," he rumbled playfully as he hugged her body against his, his eyes slowly closing. "You smell so good, Hawkeye, mmm... and you feel even better."

A while later, the two parted—reluctantly, on his part—and Peregrine slid his muzzle over Hawkeye's, crooning wordless notes of endearment for her ears only. "That was great, babe. Just think... if it takes, we'll have little bundles of joy in our den just a few months from now." His hooded bedroom eyes suddenly lit up, shining with excitement.

"Here," he said a moment later, making a show of prancing back to the abandoned badger leg. He plucked it off the ground, then sashayed back to her, bumping her mischievously in the shoulder with it before dropping it at her paws. "Eat up, my queen. You're going to need your energy." His tongue lolled from his maw in an impish grin.
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Her chest swelled with something unfamiliar when he mentioned pups. She nuzzled him roughly at first, and then more gently, whispering "I really do hope they look like you. You're so handsome and graceful." She had always felt like a bear, taking after her father rather than her sleek and womanly mother, though Peregrine had truly made her feel like a beautiful wolf inside and out.

"Share with me, Peregrine." Even though it was a gift from him, she felt better knowing that he could share his prize, for everything that was hers was also his. She licked his face and gnawed on the leg, skin and hair shaving off from the bone.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Although it endeared him when she said she hoped they turned out like him, he secretly held onto the hope that they would take after their mother. Instead of saying this—as he didn't like contradicting her—Peregrine said, "Let's compromise. Let's have four. Two of them can take after you and the other two can take after me." He winked, then chuckled and nuzzled her satiny black cheek.

She invited him to share in the repast and Peregrine indulged her by tearing off a small slice of meat, even though he'd already eaten. As he chewed, he grinned at her, and when he swallowed, he remarked, "I'd better eat up too. The best way to guarantee pups is to boink as frequently as possible." Peregrine winked roguishly.

Motioning for her to finish off the rest of the leg, he flopped onto his haunches next to her, preening her coat as she ate and otherwise littering her with his affections. He would remain close to her side during the whole of her cycle, coupling with her as often as she would tolerate and bonding with her. He would also see that no randy males came around harassing her.