Blacktail Deer Plateau Times are changing
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
AW but perhaps a chat between lovers?

Blue sat and looked out at the gathering stars in the sky. It was beautiful out there, at night. The moon just right, and the stars twinkling down upon them. Most in her world were sleeping, she just couldn't preferring to sit in the moonlight and listen to the night sounds. It had been so long since she had just sat and enjoyed something.

She tilted her head, the children sleeping behind her. She wasn't sure where @Lasher was at the moment, but she wanted to speak with him. About many things, but mostly just to catch up. It felt as if she had been putting his injury ahead of his emotional well being. She wanted to fix that, after all his emotions they needed love as well. She had been so fearful when he had been struck down. Her heart had all but froze in her chest.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the night called to the man likewise, but instead of unsettling his roaming spirit, it aroused a tenderness in him that had gone unaddressed for far too long. and so the man departed his patrol in search of the rendezvous site. his children lay sprawled about, already the height they would be as grown wolves, their bodies rapidly filling in the blank lines of adulthood even as they slept.

blue willow was there too, the azure sheen upon her black pelt catching the moonlight most fetchingly. taltos settled himself down alongside her, pressing a nuzzle against his mate's throat before looking to the brazen curves of the moon above them, its gilded belly pregnant with the night.

the man said nothing; he reveled in the glory of being silent and content alongside his mate.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue saw Lasher and swept her tail across the ground. A soft sound of pleasure raced it's way out of her mouth when he nudged her. Hello Lasher. Are you enjoying the evening? I was waiting for you. I've spent time with the children and now I thought perhaps I could spend time with you.

She looked down shyly, but a small smile etched on her face.

She didn't think he would deny her his time, but he had a lot to be getting on with lately. Especially with winter fast approaching. She looked back up to him, licking his cheek and nuzzle along his shoulder, then simply leaned slightly against him. While she too looked to the sky. The moon was beautiful and bright. It's cheery face looking down upon them all.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he smiled at her; she need not even ask. shifting close, he turned his eyes back to the bright moon, drinking it the serenity of its radiance, and did not speak. yet many things weighed upon his tongue, and so, at length, the druid looked down upon blue willow's face. "i am sending casmir to the north, to explore new territories for us," he murmured. "unless you think it unwise, of course. he is young, but he is healthy and fleet of limb, and ranges far even now."

they had not spoken of relocating; he knew perhaps her heart would be against it, and so he left off talking again, and encouraged the verbal expression of her thoughts with a wan press of his lips against her eartip.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue frowned at first, but not at the decision merely in thought. She didn't move however, her mind working fast. Though it made her worry and she was fearful. She also understood, their children were technically adults now and it would be time for them to go out on their own. She would always be their mother, always worry for them. And she would always care for, coddle, and cuddle them if they needed it, but they also were independent and she had to let them stretch their wings.

She chuckled softly, They will always be too young to me Lasher, even when they are old and grizzled, stooped with age. However, I think it is good to allow them, all of them if they want to to explore and give them their own jobs. Because I fear if we didn't, and told them no. They would do it anyway as Junior and Saena and the others. But why are we looking at new territories? She looked up at him, wondering. 

She knew there had been unrest, but was it deep enough for them to leave home? She loved it here, did not wish to leave. But there was a part of her deep down, that longed to travel and journey. She had always done so.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he realized that he had misspoke -- moved too quickly. "it is lovely in the south," he decided. "and this place is full of pain, blue willow. nothing has been decided, but ... perhaps it is time for a change." he looked to her then, wishing fervently that she would agree -- their children needed a new aura in which to grow. he hoped also that, in time, saena would forgive them. she was their only family now, and lasher did not wish to pass from this mortal coil without having her ears behold his apology.

"what say you, my love?" lasher asked, intending to hear all of his mate's thoughts, desires, and misgivings. as he waited for her to speak, he glanced at the moon again, soothed by its watchful presence.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue listened to him quietly. He was very right after all. There was much heartache here. However, she would leave behind her father, and Pied. As they were both buried here. She supposed the ground had probably taken them back by now. Their bodies turned to dust and dirt, but still. She did not know how she felt about leaving them alone. Not that they would really know any difference. She however couldn’t deny the small flare of longing at the thought of a journey. Time was of the essence, and she did love to travel, she always had. She had grown up that way after all.

She chewed on her words for a moment, debating on what to say and how to say it. I am not against it love. I find I am sad, but also excited if we should depart. I will leave behind my father in his grave, and Pied. However, you are right there is much heartache here. You know it’s funny I settled here and I promised myself I would not move again. I guess you can even break promises to yourself can’t you in time.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he listened, nodding. the graves must be left but perhaps the spirits of those they loved would accompany them in some way. reaching toward his mate, he inhaled her forested scent, eyes closing for a moment. "i did not think i would depart her again, but i think it is for the best." a mischievous smile brightened his dour countenance, and he reached out a paw to playfully touch her side.

"i have seen casmir with pearl as of late. he is young for it, but i wonder if he is developing an infatuation." lasher was amused at the thought, though hypocritically would not have been so amused had it been eilidh moseying around a young male of the pack. thankfully, aside from dante and malachi, there were no eligible suitors for his lovely daughter.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry for the delay. My kids have literally been sick for two weeks. It started with tummy bugs, turned into more, then it turned into sinus infections and lastly ear infections. The weather needs to figure out what it is doing it's making everybody sick. Warm one day freezing the next.

Blue nodded her head. She supposed it was foolish to hang onto a grave. Her father was no longer there really. No his spirit had moved on. He was a part of her after all. Blue nodded in agreement.

Yes it is indeed for the best.

His movement caused her a momentary snort of laughter and she tapped him gently in return. While also licking his muzzle. His next words caught her off guard, and she tried to bring the girl to mind. Ah the one who she had hunted with. She was an excitable girl, but kind.

I hope he does not lose his head. But I am glad he may have found someone. Do you think we need to have that talk with him?

She smiled softly while she thought about it. She did not want to take away his zest, but he had to be careful. And unfortunately sometimes you could lose your mind while in love, or infatuated.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
seriously! i'm sorry about the fam <3 we can fade this with your next post since we need some updated ones

he shook his head. "casmir is of the age where such talk would only shame him. let him discover such on his own, or ask questions of us in his own time." reaching out to brush her shoulder with his lips, he shared in a moment of silence. "it will be hard upon all of us, but i think that we shall find ways in which to bloom and thrive."

constantine had remained mum upon the subject, as had eilidh, and so lasher was not interested in rushing such things. "come on patrol with me?" he invited his mate. "i am scouting our eastern gate; i thought that perhaps i scented a loner there." standing, he proffered a sway of his plume and waited for the healer to join him.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue nodded her head, agreeing with him. She remembered how she had felt when she had gotten the talk and it had been awful. I hope you are right Lasher.

Blue shook her furry shoulders and nodded her head, motioning for him to lead the way. I would love to do a patrol with you. That doesn't surprise me. Winter is coming, some wolves are getting desperate. She followed behind him, happily willing to patrole the day away.