Blacktail Deer Plateau I was dreaming of war
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
With the recent conversation with Lasher, and the understand that they had come to, Dante felt good. Better than he had in a long while. Initially he had wondered if it was selfish, shirking his duties and stepping down, but because he truly believed it to be best for all involved those worries soon faded away. He had not told anyone, preferring to do so when the time was determined right by both he and the other two leaders. But he walked a bit lighter in the meantime.

Since those strange coyotes had tried to walk off with their Delta, Dante had taken care to keep a closer eye on that stretch of border than normal in case they returned. He wasn't overly bothered by the prospect since he doubted it would be anything they could not handle in short order, yet it never hurt to be cautious. As he walked by the spot where they had fought, his nose wrinkled at the scent of blood that still hung about the place. At least he had dragged the creature's body a ways away, but it would take time for the traces to completely wash away. Until then it would serve a nice warning to any other creature who might try the same thing.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The yearling could not know yet that his father had taken a step forward to the throne of Blacktail Deer Plateau – but even then, it would not stop the youth from admiring the silver male he seen before him now. Dante was a wolf Constantine had grown to look up to, and so when the boy came upon him, he ushered a low woof to announce his presence.

Moving forward with a rather lackadaisical trot, Constantine brushed his muzzle lower in the air, holding himself submissively to the wolf he deemed as his king. His own nose would wrinkle at the scent of blood, but the dark youth ignored it – instead, his fiery eyes were focused upon the regal’s chest as his tail gave a casual swing through the air. “Dante, hi,” he ushered, waiting to do a proper greeting to the man before launching in to why he stopped him.
all you have is your fire
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Some time had passed since Dante had seen the plateau's younger brood, now practically grown adults. Casmir seemed taken with wandering, a good thing when they were scouting new lands, but the others he was sure he simply passed like ships in the night.

"Hey Constantine. What's going on?" He turned to face him with a smile, glad to see him again. It could be this was a social call, which he wouldn't mind at all. He was doing nothing of consequence right now that he would need to interrupt. But the way the other had approached him directly led him to believe it was with more purpose.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The ashen male was never one to let the youth down whenever he craved the Alpha’s attention, and it would seem today would be no different. Fiery eyes swept over the man before him, quietly awed, and his tail gave a gentle sweep through the air as he canted his muzzle. There was no point in putting his question off any longer, and giving a shake of his brown fur, Constantine dipped his muzzle lower now, imploring. “Can you teach me to fight?” He paused, his tongue smoothing over his lips. “I want to be a warrior.”
all you have is your fire
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He didn't expect the request he recieved, but as soon as it was delivered, the male nodded without hesitation. "Of course."  They could always use more trained fighters and every wolf should know how to defend themselves.  There was a time he might have balked, but now he found he quite looked forward to it.  Helping him would allow Dante some practice as well.

"Have you had any lessons before?"  He would like to know if Lasher had shown his son any basics so he could skip quickly by repeat information.  It would provide a starting point.  He didn't know if Connie meant right now to learn, but he was willing if that was the case.

When Constantine had told him what he knew so far, Dante shared a brief lesson with him, imparting and demonstrating a few new moves and concepts that the boy could add to his repotoire.