Neverwinter Forest Nest Reservation For One
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Finally. After so long, she had found a possible place to call home. Then again, that's what she thought the last fifty or so times (truthfully, she had lost count). The little rock wren surveyed the land around the tree she had found. Itsy liked to be low to the ground, but in a way so that she could easily escape. And this tree provided just that. It had branches hanging over to shield from rain, and was just high enough so no predator could get to her. Unless a bear came. Yes, it was unusual for the type of bird she was to make a nest in a tree. But she liked being different. She wanted to be different.

She began scouring for the necessary items for a nest, being sure to remember to make it out of a minimum number of objects, as she may need to flee it should a danger come. To do this, she flew down to the ground, searching for twigs and other things. Her feathers would be the last addition, once she had gathered the necessary items.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Hi ^_^

Steady had decided to go outside the pack lands, thinking of surveying the lands around it, and what might be living there. He wondered where the cougar called home, if it was nearby, or if the feline had just come across their pack by accident. If it was living nearby, they would need to remedy that.

Steady stalked through the forest, looking for any signs of enemies that might be around. He didn't find any, but movement caught his eye and he paused. A tiny bird had just flew to the ground, pecking around. It was certainly no enemy, but it had his attention all the same. His ears perked as he watched, sitting back on his haunches.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Well, you're doing a thread with at least one of my characters. Still thinking up Chaska's

The little bird hopped around until it found something it liked. An unlucky worm had stuck it's head from the ground. And it had not time to correct it's mistake. She darts across the ground for it, seizing it's head in her beak, and pulls. It becomes a tug-of-war as the worm tires desperately to stay under the fallen autumn leaves.

But Itsy sees something out of the corner of her eye that causes her to freeze. She isn't sure, so she turns slowly to see it is exactly what she thought it was. A black wolf, watching her. She turns back to the worm...and tugs some more. She won't do anything, not until it males a move. And she won't fly away on an empty stomach.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Strike when the muse is hot!

Steady watched the creature for a few minutes as it attempted to take a worm out of the ground. It turned when it realized he was there, but went back to its hunting. He wondered if the little bird was going to win this round. The worm looked like it was putting up a good defense. Standing, Steady walked right up to the pair, knowing the bird would probably fly away, but hoping it would watch.

With his front paw, he quickly dug up the worm, flicking it a few feet away from him. He watched as it struggled to find a spot to dig its way back into the ground. His gaze went back to the bird, wondering if it would take the opportunity to nab the worm, whether he was here or not.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy pulled more on the worm. She was going to win this battle of strength. But once more, she stopped when the wolf moved closer. She stayed still, afraid a sudden movement would mean the end for her. Then the unexpected happened. The wolf dug the worm out before tossing it, then did nothing more. She glanced over to the worm, and her hunger took over. The little bird flew over, seizing it in her beak.

She threw a skeptic glance over at the wolf. She may sometimes be rude, but this was different. She put the worm under on of her feet, wrapping her talons around it.

"Why?" she asked. She had to know. Was this wolf more like those foxes, Scratch and Hiraku, or was it giving her a false sense of hope.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The little bird didn't take off like Steady thought he would, instead waiting to see what the wolf would do. The wolf flicked the worm, and then watched as the bird went over and grabbed it first in its beak and then its talons. Steady wondered for a moment why it didn't eat, but then it asked him why.

Steady thought for a moment, then shrugged his shoulders. "You were having trouble, I could help, so I did." It hadn't occurred to the dark wolf to go after the bird, or even not help. Mostly, the bird wouldn't have barely made a snack, and helping was just what Steady did.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy gawked at the wolf. "Trouble?! Hah! I wasn't having trouble" she said, but turned her face away with an ashamed expression. It was true, she had a little trouble. But that was something she did not like to accept openly to that. Not to anyone at all.

She opens her wings and flew up to her nest location, dropping the worm on the branch and holding it in place. "Thank you for helping, but I'd like to finish off my nest here." She turned away. But then she felt something. She felt some guilt. So she turned back. "Okay, I'm sorry. Really, thank you. If I hadn't got that worm, I would have starved." She gives a quick bow, unsure if the wolf would have seen it or not from where she was.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady's ears instantly flicked backward in surprise as the little bird assured him it was not having trouble getting the worm. For a split second, Steady wanted to snap at it, maybe scare a little respect into it. But, he held his temper and didn't move a muscle in its direction. Steady was not a vengeful wolf, and had yet to have a reason to attack a creature unless food or life was on the line.

His eyes followed as the bird swooped to a branch, exclaiming that it would like to finish the nest it was building. Far be it for him to disturb the creature anymore. Standing, he turned to leave without a word. Her voice, though, stopped him in his tracks and he turned toward the tree, and the bird. She apologized, and he heard no sarcasm in her voice. He bowed his head in return. "You are very welcome," he said. "I'd be happy to help more, if you like..." his voice trailed off, almost expecting the little birdie to balk at his offer. She was obviously prideful, which he could understand, but pride would not put food in her belly.

Suddenly, an idea hit him. "Or maybe you'd be willing to trade? Help for help," he said. He waited to see what she would say.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy answered quickly to the wolf. "I don't see any way you can help. I am all the way up here." But then, the wolf drew her attention with his next suggestion. She looked down at the wolf inquisitively, all attention on it.

"What do you have in mind?" she asked. "Is it some kind of adventure?" she added, excitement growing inside and started hopping around the branch. She was one for adventure, most certainly, but still could not think of any way he would repay her, if she were to help him.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She was right, it would be difficult for him to help her in the tree. But, there were other things. "I could dig up more worms for you," he offered. "I'm a quick digger... Quicker than they are," he added. She had admitted a few moments ago she was close to starving. Food would give her life and the energy she needed to build her nest.

"Depends on what you consider an adventure," he said. "I'm in search for someone. My sister. I'm having to protect my pack mates from dangers, and winter is coming and I won't be able to search for her then, either. I need someone who can cover ground quickly, easily." Her wings would cover more area than he legs would be able to, even on a clear, warm day. He was asking if she would go and find his sister, something he should have been doing on his own, but he just wasn't able to.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She moved her head closer inquisitively, hesitant. It would help speed along her process of making a nest. Something she couldn't do on an empty stomach. She nodded in reply to the wolf, but then he continued. And already, she slightly regretted it. The last adventure she went on like this, it ended badly. Yes, she helped reunite them, but not in the way they would have wanted.

"I..the last time I helped two others reunite it...it didn't go well." She bowed her head in sorrow. Just thinking about Scratch, how he was torn apart. And Hiraku, how he suffered upon finding him. What if it were the same? At last, she made up her mind. "Very well. But I better have a big stockpile when I get back, right?"
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The little bird seemed hesitant. Apparently, she had done this before. What were the chances of that? But, it had turned out badly. He didn't ask for details, fearing it might upset her more. "I promise, no matter what happens, I will be grateful for your help," he said earnestly. If the worse case scenario came about, Steady knew it would be better knowing her fate than spending the rest of his life wondering.

Thankfully, she agreed, and he nodded, "I will most certainly keep my end of the bargain. In fact, I'll dig up some now, so that you have strength for the trip," he offered. Before she could say one way or the other, he went to the spot where the other worm had been and started digging. He didn't have to go very far before finding several worms. Flicking them towards the base of the tree, he waited to see if that would be enough for her.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Not sure how Itsy will find Gracious. Pretty sure no one has adopted the character as of yet
Edit: Forgot to put something in.

The rock wren nodded. It was the same way Hiraku had felt. Thankful. Normally, she would mind her own business. But after that day, that faithful day Scratch had saved her, a feeling of generosity flowed through her blood. And now, it had resurfaced.

Itsy looks down in interest, and hunger, at the group of wriggling worms. The sensation of the taste one of those made her tingle with joy. It should be enough for the journey, possibly a little too much. But she would have to stock up on as much as possible. There was a long flight ahead of her. She would have to fly around the entirety of the Teekon Wilds in search of this wolf's sister.

"I will take flight at sundown. Or when I finish eating." She darts down, takes as many as she can carry, and lifts them back to the branch to begin snacking. Though she begins to eat, she has several questions.

"Where might I begin searching? And what does this sister of yours look like?" she queries curiously. These are things she has to know. "And when I find her, is she going to try to eat me?"
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She doesn't really have to find her. If you want, she could search for however long you want, then just tell Steady she couldn't find her?

Steady was getting excited that the bird was willing to go and do what he couldn't, but should have been doing. He watched as she swooped down to grab some of the worms he dug up, then went back to her branch. He sat back on his haunches, his tail wagging.

He thought for a moment. "Well, our pack was east of here, but she was ahead of me. She could kinda be anywhere," he confessed, frowning. "We got separated, and were supposed to meet in the area. I was hoping she got here first, and found a pack to be with, as I did." He wished he could give her more to go on, but he couldn't give her information he didn't have. To be clear, he added, "It's okay if you don't find her, just to let you know."

He tilted his head to the side, "Umm, well, I can't guarantee she won't try to eat you, but mention my name as soon as possible. I'm Steady, by the way. And Gracious is mostly white, with some cream colors and tan blended into her pelt. She's taller than the usual female wolf, too," he said, hoping that was enough of a description.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I could talk to Fitz (Andrea) about it. Maybe she does, and a little PP. or Andrea takes quick control for it.

Itsy took in everything from his answer to her question's. So if she had gotten ahead, west would be the best option to start. Although she hadn't been there before, so she didn't know what awaited her. She was slightly glad that he wouldn't care too much if she didn't find them, but it would be an adventure for her. And that excited her.

She shook a little. She wasn't worried about failing, but was worried about being eaten by the one she was trying to find. Hopefully, his sister would remember him and his name. Or she would most likely end up in their stomach. She tried her best to picture the wolf in her mind.

"Mostly white, some cream colors with a bit of tan. Taller than most female wolves. Got it. I'll get on it once I'm done."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Okay, let me know what she says <3 If she doesn't want PP or play her, we can ask if we can just assume she isn't in the area right now, and Itsy doesn't find her. Last post from me, unless another is needed.

Steady's looked of excitement changed to to relief when the bird confirmed she would look for Gracie. "Thank you so much for doing this... You only have to search for as long as you feel is necessary. If you get tired or anything, and haven't found her, please don't stress yourself," he said. What she was doing was a huge favor for him, but he didn't want to put her out.

"Oh," he added, "I'm in the Silvertip Mountain pack, we live on the mountain just north of here." That way, she would have a way to find him when she returned. For now, Steady needed to get back. Thank you... again," he said, turning to leave.