Otatso Wetlands You'll get your boots muddy!
Why sit still when there's a world out there?
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
All Welcome 
As I'm working towards Haven's Counselor and Warrior trades, I'd love to be able to turn this thread into either of those. But of course anyone is welcome to just chat or hang out with Haven C:

Haven stood next to a brackish puddle. Reeds surrounded her, and a small frog hopped away from her grasp. Her eyes wide she wriggled her tail, crouching down as she watched it hop onto a rock. She took a moment, and then jumped or course missing the frog as it jumped away back into the stream. Haven had taken a vacation day, away from everything to simply explore like she used to. So far, she liked the wetlands. All day she'd been playing like she was a pup again, thinking that no one was around to judge her. She was having a great time.

It was about noon time, the sun high above her head, though she could barely see it through the thick tree cover. Everything was still so lush and green here, she liked that. It made the young wolf feel that winter was still far away, even though she knew it wasn't. She decided to take a break from chasing the frogs. Even that had started to feel childish to her. She was growing up and becoming a mature young wolf. So she wanted to do mature wolf things, like be lazy and sleep. She walked away from the stream and back up a small hill to sit on a mossy patch. The soft green beneath her was rather cool, because of the wet area around it. It felt nice against her pelt, and she felt comfortable as she sat and watched a few silvery fish swim past in the stream below.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I thought it would be cool she would meet Scarlett after talking to Cicero. Haha! Feel free to know how Scarlett looks, since I figure Cicero would tell about her white coat and red eyes.

Scarlett made her way through the swamps, she wanted to find some herbs or maybe plants that would help with the flu. It seemed more wolves were getting it but she had no idea which plants. It was a good excuse to head out and have some time for herself. The petite small ghost moved through the thick fog. This was her type of surroundings, winter was close and she liked how she would be less visible in the snow. It always worked in her advantage. One time she was basically next to a rabbit. She would have to wait a bit since the leaves weren't done falling yet.

Scarlett didn't want to think about what happened in her pack. What she did was unacceptable but now she seemed to have herself in control again. Her red eyes scanned around as she moved through the water, sometimes she even had to swim because she was not an average sized wolf. As she climbed on a bank she should out her pelt. The splatters flew everywhere. As she settled again she realized there was a shadow in the fog around her. The small female stepped closer hoping it was not a cougar. She was in luck because the shape looked a like a wolf.

Scarlett let out a chuff to let the female know she was there. Her blood red eyes falling on the female before her. A young female. Her tail moved behind her for a moment. Maybe this female would know what kind of herbs could be used for the flu! That would be highly convenient. Scarlett stopped at a respectable distance. Her red eyes looking even more haunting with the fog surrounding her.
“What is the Law of the Jungle? Strike first and then give tongue”
162 Posts
Ooc — ebony.
with kat's permission, i will be powerplaying @Regipre for this thread :)

unbeknownst to the hapless pair, a cat did indeed skulk through the fog that noon. the jackal moved in her odd gait at his heels; his tail curled alongside her shoulder. stopping short, shardul took the scent of the forest 'round them and his lip curled in a disgusted snarl. casting a pointed glance at his charge, shardul motioned that she should do as he had explained to her earlier that day.

steeling herself with a breath, regipre -- the cat did not know her name, nor did he care to know it -- moved away from the cat and toward the wolves. when she was a safe distance away from shardul, the child began to whine piteously and loudly, exaggerating her limp for the benefit for the red-eyed wolfess. 

shardul retreated some ways away, gazing through the pale fog at the trio of canine beasts.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven turned her head slowly, she was just drifting into sleep when she heard a chuff near to her. She looked around, though didn't see anything. That's when a female came through the fog behind her, pure white and her eyes glowing red. The female looked menacing, but her body language suggested otherwise. Haven stood, shaking out her fur then dipping her head respectfully to the other wolf. Something about her made Haven think, had she met this wolf before? Oh yeah! She matches the description that that Blackfeather wolf gave me! Maybe this is Scarlett! 

Hi, I'm Haven. Are you Scarlett? The grey female asked, curiosity flowing through her body. Suddenly another noise sounded from through the fog. She turned her head from Scarlett to see a young coyote pup, howling and wailing. It limped pitifully and Haven automatically wanted to help. She wasn't very cautious, she assumed it was safe. She walked forwards, sniffing at the pup. It seemed injured, but more lost than anything. She glanced back around at the white wolf and shrugged. Are you ok? She asked, her voice sort of harsh. She was feeling a bit skeptical at this point.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett looked a bit surprised as the other female knew about her. She blinked and then realized they might have a mutual friend! The petite female wagged her tail gently in a content manner. Maybe it wasn't a good mutual friend and it wasn't smart if she would tell her name. But what enemies did she have? The red eyed female nodded. "Yes, That is me? But I am not sure if I know who you are," she pointed out. Even with her name being introduced it didn't say a hell of a lot to Scarlett.

Then there was the devastating and heart breaking cry of a young canine. Scarlett instantly picked up her ears, being a mother she was very keen for these noises, her heart calmed down in relief once she clearly heard it wasn't one of her kids cries. Haven on the other hand instantly wanted to check it out. Scarlett trotted after her to meet with a more peculiar sight. A coyote pup with three legs. Scarlett found as she sniffed the female. She knew this scent. It was somewhere familiar, where did she scented it? Her eyes frowned as Haven asked the questions. Scarlett tentatively stepped closer. Then instantly she got a memory flash of Laksha the albino cat. She shivered. "Haven, she smells of cat--," she stated.
162 Posts
Ooc — ebony.
regipre shrunk back from the wolves, pressing her small form against the ground. her memories of saena's pack had left her with a distinct terror of their pointed muzzles, no matter how soft their words. they did not touch her, but she heard their words -- cat, mentioned the second of the two, and the coyote pup froze. surely shardul would not show himself -- not yet.

"it attacked me!" she whispered frantically. "i only got away because it couldn't fit into the tree trunk i hid inside," regipre protested, her mind spinning a thousand yarns. 

tensely, she waited for the verdict -- shardul would protect her, would he not? somehow she didn't bank on it.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven smiled happily. So this was the Scarlett she'd been told of. She was curious to meet her. No you wouldn't know me, but I met a friend of yours who was looking for you. His name was Cicero. That's when she first heard the coyote pup's howls.

Haven watched as the pup shrunk away, she was obviously very scared. She had every right to be, two full grown wolves could easily kill her, especially while she was injured. Scarlett whispered something about a cat, Haven has never dealt with one herself but she had heard of them before. From the coyote pup's next words, she could tell that whatever a cat was, it must've been a predator. Maybe they were in danger. You're ok you're ok now, we're here to help you. Haven bent down, talking sweetly to the terrified animal.

The white and grey female turned to the red eyed wolf behind her. Her face held worry and confusion. What do we do? She whispered, inaudibly to the coyote pup so only Scarlett could hear. She didn't want the she-pup thinking she might still be in danger but if in fact there was a cat, she might just be.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett's ears instantly fell back when hearing Cicero's name. It was foolish to keep the conversation going but she wanted to press on the matter to Haven. "Don't tell him you found me," she stated. Scarlett didn't want to do anything to see Kove again, especially even talk with some of his new packmates, oh no definitely not. Scarlett then focussed on the pup but something wasn't right. If she was attacked by the cat then the wound on her leg, or well her missing limb should be bleeding right? But she wasn't. It seemed older and healing. The scent of the cat was very fresh and she knew that if a cat locked on its prey it was very difficult to get out of it.

Haven turned to her, Scarlett's red eyes still on the coyote pup. She was a mother but somehow things didn't at up. The pup hid from the cat, but she knew of the cat long limbs and claws. How deep was this tree then? It couldn't be that big. Scarlett could adopt any more kids now she was with the Phoenix Wolves. Plus a three legged pup was even for Scarlett a hopeless case, and that was saying something. "I don't trust it. Cats have claws and long limbs, hiding in a tree trunk and getting away with it? The scent is too strong for a Cat that just hunted her," she whispered only for Haven. "The one kind thing would be to put it down. Though something is off. I don't trust this... and that is coming from a caretaker and mother," she admitted on the same whispering tone.
162 Posts
Ooc — ebony.
regipre could see the the wolves didn't believe her, and the girl's resolve was starting to falter. wolves had been the one to maim her, resulting in the loss of her leg -- they had been the ones to chase her, to abuse her and her siblings. shardul, for all his terrifying size and potential threat, had not harmed her. yet, added the more sensible part of the coyote's mind. the cat had spared her life, for whatever reason, and the primal region of regipre's brain insisted fervently that shardul was her best hope of survival this winter.

and so she yelped, and through the fog there came a sound so haunting in its screamlike quality that surely it would chill the blood of those who heard. as if on cue, the coyote-child scrambled away from the lupine pair and toward the shriek of the silver cat, who emerged slowly from the thick fog, his eyes glowing with malice through the white glimmer.

regipre herself scrabbled madly to get behind him, away from the wolves, and out of reach of shardul's own cunning claws if he chose to turn upon her. wide, horrified eyes beheld the skulking cat, but he was focused upon the wolves, muzzle twisted in an ugly grin of murderous intent and feral hatred.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven listened beginning to become suspicious as well as Scarlett spoke. Perhaps they shouldn't trust this coyote pup. Haven's maternal instinct told her to help the pup, but her brain fought back telling her that this wasn't right. Nothing added up. She turned back to the terrified coyote, and heard a yelp, a horrible cry and ran back towards the fog. Out of the mist came a snarling silver cat, with glinting eyes. The cat looked rabid, disgusting and evil, but Haven wasn't afraid. She was too brave to be scared. Of course, the pup was working with the cat. What an odd duo, but a dangerous one. She couldn't understand why the coyote would help the horrible feline, maybe she was being held against her will. Whatever the reason, the young she-wolf pitied the little animal.

Haven snarled at the cat, taking a firm stance by Scarlett's side. She wasn't sure what to do, attack or wait. Scarlett seemed to have more experience with this kind of animal, so she waited for her to make a move, submissively making her the leader.

Will this thread be turning into a fight?
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
@Haven you could fight because then you can use it for Warrior.

Scarlett won't fight since she doesn't have a clue so she would probably tuck her tail and run or hang out in the back of this. She doesn't want to get injured because she has pups to take care of.

Scarlett flattened her hears in shock when she saw the cat. The last time she met one it was also a crazy and bloodthirsty monster that wanted to eat her. She thought it was Laksha at first but nope, this silver cat had yellow eyes instead of red ones. They would have made such an excellent couple. Scarlett stepped back. "Haven, run," she spoke and nudged her. Scarlett moved more back, cowardly moving behind Haven.

She had bad experiences with big cats and wasn't very keen on changing her way of thinking about them. It seemed this cat was just as evil as the other. Scarlett had three daughters to take care of. She didn't want to get injured. She moved even more back. "Haven! I'm going! I have pups. C'mon. I don't want to leave you behind," she urged.
162 Posts
Ooc — ebony.
heck yes let's get u a trade! we can keep the attacks light or non-existent -- shard could just toy with them

they shrank in fear, the red-eyed woman barking an order to the other wolf. shardul's eyes shifted from her to the second of the pair -- he understood their tongue, and took pleasure in their terror. "pups? perhaps i shall find them and slay them for thy foolishness," he threatened in a rasping growl, his claws slipping from their sheaths to rake the ground. his attack was imminent -- yet he circled them, trusting that the coyote pup would keep aside and well out of his way.

ears cupped against his skull and shardul shrieked again; his teeth glinted before he sprang at the second wolfess. the cat did not intend to slay or maim -- not yet -- but merely to thrust her to the ground before he dealt with the red-eyed protector.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Cool beans c; Yeah I don't want Haven getting too hurt yet, just a light battle before Haven will have to get out of there.

Haven turned to Scarlett, she wanted to heed her words and run the opposite way, but looking back to the pup maybe she could help it get free? She didn't want to simply leave it there. No Haven was brave. I'll be fine! You go back to your pups, I have to try and help. She growled back to the red eyed female, then turned to the cat, ears flattened against her head. All of her silky grey and white fur was stick straight and she looked like a giant puff ball. She wasn't all fluff though, Haven was a warrior and she had some decent muscles under all her beauty. She snarled at the cat, eyeing it intensely then braced herself as he sprung forwards. 

She quickly leaped to the side, then turned back around to bite viciously at the silver cat's throat. She could tell he wasn't giving his all, but she certainly would.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett's eyes widened in fear. "But you can't take a cat on alone! You will die," she let out in panic. But the female seemed to have her mind set on taking not his cat. She was crazy, and reckless with her life. Didn't she have any loved ones?! To make Scarlett worst nightmare even worse the cat was saying about finding her and her babies. Scarlett felt so helpless. She made herself smaller before dashing off. She felt horrible for leaving the female alone but she couldn't help it. She was not a fighter and her pups wouldn't survive without her.

Scarlett trotted off but made sure to take paths through mother water ways. The female even though a large detour through the marsh. She had to swim a large part of going through the marsh but the mother didn't care, at least the cat would now never be able to find her or her pups. Scarlett was certain she was untraceable especially because she crossed huge lakes by swimming next to the banks.

- Scarlett out -
162 Posts
Ooc — ebony.
the second of the two fought; shardul drew back quickly, though her teeth clipped the flesh beneath his chin and blood welled immediately therein. angered by the sharp stab of pain, the silver cat growled through their babbling and backed some paces away, though he soon followed these steps with a slow circling of his intended victim. murder had not occurred to shardul -- not yet -- merely the feline propensity to injure and toy with its prey.

shardul struck again, his claws still sheathed, looking to shove the wolfess to the ground with a heavy blow from his massive forepaw.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
The massive cat threw her to the ground with force, but Haven could sense that he was only toying with her. She skidded away, pain bursting through her as her pelt snagged on a log and scratched her a bit. She winced in pain as she stood, regaining her balance and focus. She glanced at the coyote pup, she was beginning to doubt that she could help at all. I can't give up, I can do this! She thought, coming back into confidence. The brave young warrior held her ground, snarling at the cat. Then she leaped forwards again attempting to ram the cat backwards into the tree. If she was successful, she might be able to knock his breath away long enough for her to make the choice to keep fighting, or turn tail and run.
162 Posts
Ooc — ebony.
she fell to the ground, but clutched at the earth to raise her body, whirling to slam against shardul's hard body. the cat was thrown off-balance; he staggered as the tree behind him bruised the base of his spine, but did not fall. however, the blow was jarring; he found his footing, but not before the wolfess had moved out of his paw-range. snarling, shardul gathered his powerful hindlegs beneath him and sprang at the foolish cur -- now he thirsted for the blood beating beneath the thickly furred surface of her ugly body, and a scream wrenched itself from his gut as his claws flashed in the gloom.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven watched triumphantly as the cat failed to move out of the way of her ram. He staggered about, but unfortunately wasn't beaten. She couldn't win, and she knew it now, but she had put up a good fight. She growled in frustration, just before her attacker flung himself forwards, trying to tackle her. She let out a yelp as she was thrown down, being crushed under the cat's weight. I have to get out of here. Was all she could think, various escape routes flying through her head all the while she fended off the cat. Finally she managed to get her footing again, kicking upwards and sending her attacker sprawling. She knew it wouldn't injure him, but it would give her time to make an exit.

She scrambled to her paws, watching the silver beast with her golden eyes. She glanced in pity at the coyote pup, unable to help her. Why should I feel sorry anyway? She aided in this monster's attack. She doesn't deserve my pity. She snarled, then whipped around to run. She wasn't strong enough to fend off the cat, but she was fast enough to escape it's wrath. She hadn't broken anything in the fight, but she had bruises and a couple bloody scratches. If the cat had decided to go all out on her sooner, she would probably have been dead. She thought back to Scarlett as she ran. The white she-wolf had warned her not to fight. Maybe she should've listened.

Haven exits, you can post again or archive it! Thanks for threading, it was great C:
162 Posts
Ooc — ebony.
<3!

she scrambled from his grasp, and, barring a few involuntary steps after the foolish woman, shardul stopped to stretch his aching body, feeling the extent of bruised flesh. "come," he said harshly unto the lamed pup, angered that she should see his shame -- in a moment, the massive silverfur and the tiny child had disappeared for unknown parts into the fog.