Deepwood Weald Sherlock Work
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Any welcome

Itsy had been flying for a few days, searching endlessly. At night, she would rest. At day, she would be like a little detective, analyzing every detail of the land (although, only the large ones. She didn't bother to think about tracks), searching for the one she had been tasked with seeking.

"Mostly white, some cream colors with a bit of tan. Taller than most female wolves" she repeated aloud for the hundredth time. That was her bets way of remembering things like that. Although er wings were tiring, but she had to go on. She couldn't let this wolf down. She couldn't let his sister suffer the same fate as Scratch.
15 Posts
Ooc — Em
Hello!

The day was as young as him when the newly appointed lone wolf parted from his companion and began his casual stroll through a nearby territory. The scents of multiple packs were thick in these parts; he and Caeli had spent their time thus far playing house near the lake so as not to inadvertently venture too near someone's border. They both had plans to join a pack sometime soon, and preferably they'd do it together, but for now their freedom remained intact.

He gathered himself on one particularly wobbly set of stones and made a leap for the shallow knoll that stood a few feet away. The male made it for the most part...but a blurred glimpse of what he thought might be a familiar plant caused his vault to fall short. His lower half sank down into the fauna despite the counteractive clench of his shoulders to rectify the minor slip.

"My delicates!" he whispered fervently as the foreign plants whisked up his haunches and then disappeared into the little crook of his belly. It was with baited breath that he waited for the fires of hell to unleash upon his person but fortune was, as usual, on his side. It had not been the crown of Stinging Nettle he'd seen but instead some benign matter of life. Similar...but harmless.

A great, heaving sigh of relief left him as he scrambled up the loose soil of the hillside and shook free the bits of litter that kept to his coat. A tiny voice, barely discernible above the whisper of the wind, caused his ears to cant and lead his eyes upward. He could hear someone talking...but their figure was invisible in the canopy above.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The little bird flew flew the canopy, but was suddenly thrown off by a faint voice. She turned her head to the ground, and saw something. But before she could figure what it was, a sudden pain rushed through her head as she slammed into a branch, then she proceeded to fall, shouting profanities as she hit every branch.

By the time she stopped, her whole body was in pain. Every move made her cringe. Luckily for her, she was still high up in the tree, on a branch. A thin branch, at that. She tried to roll herself over...then the process repeated. Once more, she swore time and time again. And once more, ended on a lower branch, only low enough for a creature such as a wolf to get to if they jumped.

"Well that wasn't fun" she groaned. "Why am I always the one to fall out of a tree? I understand we aren't supposed to, but still, why?" She continued on muttering, accusing nature for her dumb luck.
15 Posts
Ooc — Em
For all the wildling could fathom it was the presence of spooks that was to be blamed on the disembodied clamoring. The shrill echoes of a feminine voice would have prickled his sense of caution were it not for the sacrilege of its contents. Rather than curdling his blood he lingered in a passive state of interest, one paw curled to his breast in a halfway state of flight, and his chartreuse eyes lit with curiosity.  

A secondary flood of profanities began and then ended more briefly than the first; it was markedly different in that this time a vague shape flickered into focus on a branch near him. Ridir, naturally bold and unaware of potential danger, reared upright and staggered with showman-like grace on his high legs. It was then that the mousy lump evolved into what was definitely the silhouette of a bird, and although his face looming from the shadows might have been terrifying for the fallen avian Ridir couldn't stow the childlike widening of his eyes. "Oooooo," he uttered in his typically uncouth way.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy rolled again, this time onto her side. Luckily the branch was wide enough for her to stand herself up on. But before she could do that, she finds herself facing a furred face with curious eyes. Maybe curious about what she would taste like. Now, a normal bird with some sense would have darted away. But she was in pain, and wasn't like that. She looked to the canopy, sighing in agony.

"Why? Why does life hate me so?!"
she cried dramatically. She rolled away from the wolf, and stood herself up to look at the canine. "What? Never seen a rock wren before? Well look as much as you want, cause I'm leaving." She spread her wings, started to run and jumped...only to plummet. "Not againnnn!" she screamed as she fell, ending up in a pile of leaves. "Ow" was all she said.
15 Posts
Ooc — Em
The fact that his and Caeli's journey had been endured with minor famine was wholly to blame for the present state of the male's belly contents. The pair had gorged themselves on the fish rendered helpless in the muddy shallows at the lake and he was still feeling the feast's effects a few days later (as was the innocuous cluster of shrubbery a half mile back from his immediate location). He could only assume his companion was suffering from the crippling belly cramps as him; but it was fair to say the exuberance of Omega-3 had made his coat look like a Maybelline model.

In short he was not hungry. Not a bit. Not even when the little morsel flung herself into an even more precarious position on the forest floor. A dull thud resounded as all four feet returned to the earth and he picked a careful path around the creature as he circled it while maintaining a curious stare.

"Are you dying?" he questioned bluntly. It was the only real reason as to why things that flew could no longer fly. Suddenly he wondered why things that walked did not suddenly begin flying when they died. Or did they? He'd never been able to witness death personally.

I wonder if Caeli would tie me to her den and let me blow in the breeze he thought to himself (only somewhat seriously).
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
That last bit at the end made me laugh. Although the actual sight might be a bit upsetting.

Out of the leaves, her feathered head burst out. "Dying? No, I am not dying..Although, it feels like it. Why did today have to be such a terrible-" she stops short, then looks questionably towards the wolf. Why hadn't it taken it's chance. By now, she would be gone. Unless, this one was just like Scratch. A merciful creature. She guessed she had her answer. But then, she felt the urge to ask a different sort of question, take this matter as an advantage.

"Say, have you seen any other wolves? A..a..oh, just great. Now I've forgotten what they look like" she muttered to herself, stamping a talon against the ground in a frustrated manner.
15 Posts
Ooc — Em
I imagined him floating around like those animal balloons they made in Shrek and that amused me quite a lot haha!

He merely nodded as Itsy dismissed his inquiry toward her untimely death and watched with bemused interest as the flitted and gestured in a way entirely unfamiliar to him. It was like watching something in fast forward...and the more she did it the more he sympathized with the predatory nature of cats. he wanted to smack her a bit with his paw. Not hard. Just a tap. Why? He hadn't the slightest clue.

Before he could instigate his new agenda his ears pricked at her final declaration. "Mostly white. Some cream colors with a bit of tan. Taller than most female wolves," he recited with a type of smug grin. "You were saying it a lot," he explained lest the petite critter find herself wondering where he came upon such a detailed recollection. "It was catchy. Like a pop song."

P. Sherman , 42 Wallaby Way, Syndey.

Wait. What?

He shook head and cleared the vapors gathering in the depths of his brain. "Also. No I have not," he stated to confirm that he'd not seen the catchy pop song wolf she'd been speaking of.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I see what you did there. Silly forgetful Dory

She seemed to lighten up as he repeated what she had said. It came back to her. And maybe, just maybe, the wolf had seen her...And then he denied having so. With her head hung down low, she turned away. She had once again failed. Who knew, maybe it was too late. Perhaps she had suffered the same fate as Scratch.

"Oh. Well, I'd better get on going."
She started on walking with a disappointed look on her face, watching upwards for a low branch to climb on, as her flight hadn't come back yet. "Long flight ahead of me. Looking for someone's sister, and stuff like that."
15 Posts
Ooc — Em
The worst about being 'the nice guy' was that his heart all too readily knotted with guilt in situations where no such emotions were required of him. He always felt that need to be involved...to fulfill someone's needs even if that meant his fell short. His expression slightly mirrored the melancholy of her slumped posture as the tiptoed across the ground. He followed behind her a step or two purely out of habit and then stopped short as he caught himself doing it. A breeze kicked up and brought with it the usual database of current affairs...with it the multitude of identities of wolves that could very well be the same that his new acquaintance was looking for.

"Does she owe you lunch or something?" he asked with a small tilt of his head before Itsy could get too far to hear him.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
As she stumbled along, she could hear a soft thumping of paws against the ground, and and did nothing but a glance back to see them following. And then stopping. She rolled her eyes, trying to ignore the new-found stalker, assuming he continued to follow her.

She neared a tree with a well-placed branch, for her case, that is, and hopped up. Another low branch was beside it, and she hopped again, this time almost falling back. She let out a squeaked chirp, hanging on tight before regaining balance. And then the wolf spoke.

"Now why would a wolf take any lunch of mine, considering I eat bugs." At that moment, her tummy grumbled. She wished for those worms that wolf had given her. The same wolf she was on this 'quest' of hers for. "No, I'm searching for her because her brother asked me to. Now, if you are of no help, please leave me be." And with that, she skipped to another, almost slipping again. How'd she get herself into this?
15 Posts
Ooc — Em
It's all up to you whether you want to continue this or not =D I don't mind having another later!

Charitable as he was the lupine did not flinch or otherwise indicate he noticed the near slip of his feathered audience as she ascended from the soil. Somewhere in the time from which they began talking to the careless presentation of her back he'd made the decision that he'd definitely eat her if her condition seemed injured enough. He may not have been entirely hungry at that point but he was a top tier predator of the world...and Itsy's extended clumsiness deeply exaggerated the differences between them.

But she recovered well enough and he staved the gathering twinge in his haunches. His pounce sustained and Ridir's expression fell lax while she addressed him again. Caeli was pretty prone to snippity replies - he often teased her for being 'high strung' - and the sharpness of her tone did not escape him. There was more required to stir the rashness of his nature however...and with one ear flicked back in contempt he felt the weight of her derision fall from his shoulders like rain in a storm.

"Well," he began as his body amassed and summoned him to a stand, "okay then. Don't forget your words again." He then turned and began to abandon the premises...thinking to himself that he'd have to tell Caeli he met her feathered doppelganger earlier that day.
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'll archive

Itsy watched the wolf warily as it turned away and began to leave, but only for a moment. When she was sure it was at a distance, she continued hopping up and up. Truthfully, that encounter had scared her, cause it reminded her of the first wolf she had come across in these lands. The one that tried to eat her. But then again, she would never forget the kindness of mercy it gave her, just as Scratch had. Thinking of him, she swore that by her life, nothing would happen to that wolf's sister. She would find them, and she would make sure they were safe.