Silvertip Mountain Gracious News
133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
For @Steady. Maybe @FitzDutiful as well, if he wants

Itsy flew to a lone rock along a path on the mountain. So far, no wolves in sight, and she wouldn't be very patient for long. Was this even the right place? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. She had taken advice from a chipmunk, but maybe it was just trying to get her away from it's nuts. Nonetheless, she was here. The weather had not been too kind to her, and the sky was cloudy. If something other than that had bad intentions did come, the weather would not be kind.

"Where's that black wolf? He said on the mountain. Oh, I hope this is the right place" she muttered with a hopeful tone, watching around cautiously.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
While doing his patrols, Steady had kept a look out for the little bird who had gone on a mission to find his sister. He was eager to find out what was up, but not knowing when Itsy might return was difficult. Would it be days? Weeks? Longer? He didn't want her searching beyond her ability, and hoped she didn't wear herself out.

He made his way through the forest on the side of mountain. He was glad Fitz and Zaria had decided to keep them on the same mountain, since this is where he told Itsy he would be. Not realizing she was here, he kept his eyes on the woods before him, not bothering to look upwards.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy searched around, turning her head from one way to the other. Where was that wolf? She let out an exasperated sigh, almost about to give up. But then, she spotted a dark patch in her vision. A black wolf. The black wolf. She chirped repeatedly, getting louder and louder to gain it's attention.

"Hey! You! Black wolf! Hello?!" She began bouncing around on the rock, trying her hardest to be as loud as possible.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All of a sudden, a commotion caught his attention, and, ears perked, he turned his head. A little bird was causing quite a scene, trying to get his attention. Steady's tail wagged, recognizing Itsy, and he quickly headed over. He wanted so badly for her to have good news, but braced himself for whatever she had to say. Hey, he greeted her. You're back soon, he noted lightly.

Was she not able to travel very long? Had she found Gracious? Was she okay? Was she not okay? A million questions went through his head, none of which he allowed to escape his maw. He remembered Itsy mentioning that she had done this before with another wolf, and wanted to make sure to keep his composure should she have bad news. He knew it wouldn't be her fault, and didn't want her to feel bad. Steady was certainly expecting the worse.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'm doing this based off what Fitz suggested

Itsy panted, having exhausted herself from the continuous chirping, looking up into the air, then moving her gaze down with a long whoosh of air. She had been so far, in fact, she had gone past the border of the Wilds.

"Yeah, I'm back soon. And I will not do that again. Last time I help anyone look for someone" she swore to herself. Of course, it probably wouldn't last. At least it didn't end like Scratch. The poor fox. "So, about your sister...I found her."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Okay! :-) Sorry this is so short!

Itsy did not seem too pleased. On top of being out of breath trying to get his attention, she seemed upset at the task altogether. Steady took a deep breath to prepare himself when the tiny bird confessed she had, indeed, found his sister. He didn't say a word- simply waited to hear the news.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Don't forget the history thread with Chas. Also, I wasn't told what Gracious is doing, but was told I can say what I think would make sense

Itsy stretched her wings before going on. That journey really had tired her out. "She is safe. But not in the Wilds. She lives happily, with a pack of wolves. Many friends...And I was right. She did try to eat me!" She lifts her wing, revealing a bald patch. "But she calmed when I spoke your name."

"So, are you happy with your news? Cause I am not going back" she added, and with a particularly dark voice. No matter what the wolf said, she was not going back. She had almost been eaten, fallen out of a tree..been attacked by a squirrel's nuts.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The words out of Isty's beak were music to Steady's ears. His tail wagged and he smiled brightly when he learned that his sister was safe and sound, living in a pack. She wasn't here in the Wilds, but that didn't matter to him. All he needed to know was that she was safe. He frowned, his expression changing to concern when Itsy said Gracious had tried to eat her before realizing why she was there. Oh, I'm so sorry! But, I am so happy she's good! I owe you, Itsy. If you need anything! I'm in your debt, he said with enthusiasm.

The tiny bird expressed she wasn't going back, and Steady chuckled. I won't send you back. I have all the information I need, thanks to you, he said gratefully. Realizing she must have been exhausted, he offered his services. Is there anything I can do for you? Gather stuff for a nest? Dig for worms? Anything at all?

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy frowned a little. She wished for more sympathy, but that was just her. If she were like any of her brethren, they would have been fine with that. Then again, they would never have gone on the journey at all, flying at first sight of a wolf.

She bowed a little. "Thanks. Besides, nest building can be a little boring." But she did need a home. Somewhere safe. Everywhere she went, there was something that disrupted her, and while she may have enjoyed her travels, it was time to settle down somewhere. "Actually, there is something you could do for me. Do you know of anywhere I can set up? Somewhere quiet, where no one can disturb me."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady didn't really know much about nest building, though he wanted to be as helpful as possible. Itsy asked if he knew of a place she could set up. He thought for a moment before tilting his head. Are you opposed to an underground nest? You can have my den. With my scent there, no predator would bother you. It seemed it was the best thing he could come up with.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy thought about it. She didn't like underground places. Then again, she had never been to an underground area. Who knew, maybe it was just like a hollowed out tree. Except, not wood. And perhaps it would be safe there. She thought long and hard.

"You know what? Why not? As far as I have seen, the nearby area has plenty of food. And if it doesn't work out, then too bad. No harm done..Right?"
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady wondered if his den would be the suitable setting for a bird's nest, but it was the only thing he had to offer. He wasn't a tree climber, and therefore couldn't help her build a nest in one. He wagged his tail and smiled as she accepted his offer, nodding in agreement. Right, no harm done, he said.

Follow me, he said, turning to head towards his den. He trotted along until he came to a large mound of dirt, topped with trees and wood debris. The opening to his den was large, since he was the one to have to fit into it, but the tunnel went back a little ways to make sure the wind was blocked from getting in. Steady stepped to the side, looking to Itsy. Check it out, he offered, sitting back on his haunches. It wasn't much, and he knew the floor was littered with the fur he shed, but he hoped she might be able to use that for her nest, if she wanted.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The little rock wren launched off the rock and followed the black wolf. She wondered what it would be like, imagining bones and rotten meat.

Itsy had never seen a wolf's den, and was amazed by it. She always thought it would be untidy, full of rotting meat and bones. But this one looked more like an enlarged rabbit's burrow. Without the very long tunnel than went underground. And if she were to build a nest inside, there was plenty of fur that could help with her feathers.

"It's..it's good." She let out a longing sigh. For so long, she had looked for a home. But then, something inside her stopped her. It was unnatural. But then, glancing a little behind the wolf, she saw that perfect nest hold. In a little crevice between two rocks. The natural place for rock wrens. "But that is perfect." She darted up, exploring each and every crack. And with the fur nearby, she could always use that. She could always use the mound as shelter from storms and predators. But until then, this would be her home.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His eyes watched her as she considered his den. She said it was good, but he got the feeling she wasn't really satisfied with it. His ears flicked back upon his head, unsure of how to make her happy. In general, Steady was a confident wolf, knowing what he could do to others. But, he had never been in debt to a bird before, and honestly didn't know much about their needs.

But, before he could come up with anything to say, she exclaimed she had found the perfect nest. His ears perked as he watched her quickly move to some rocks behind him. He was quiet as she explored her new nest, most certainly more happy with it than with his den, which was okay with him. After a few minutes, he realized, Hey, we'll be neighbors, he said with a smile.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Itsy's head flicked up. She hadn't thought of that. And if this wolf was not alone, that could mean danger. But to her, danger was excitement. Until it was right in her face. By then, it would be too late to fly away. Still, the idea of living near a pack of wolves somewhat excited her. Yet she did her best to hide that excitement, most of it.

"Yeah. Neighbors with a bunch of wolves. Exciting." After she spoke, she left off what she thought to be a quiet snicker.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She didn't seem too excited about having a pack of wolves as her neighbor, and he wanted to assure her, but if he was being honest with himself, he knew her life could be in danger if one of his pack mates decided she might make a good meal. Well... I'll protect you, to the best of my ability, but I can't hang out here all the time, and I doubt you want to patrol borders with me, he joked. Usually, it's pretty private here, though. No one visits my den, really, so you should be okay, he said. He hoped that made her feel a little better.

133 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Last from me

She let out a little chuckle. "I was faking with that sarcasm. It really will be good. And adventurous." She spread her wings and took a deep breath, taking in the fragrance in the air, and let it out with a long whoosh. This was to be her home. "Thank you. You don't know how much strain you've lifted from my wings."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
I'll get this archived, neighbor! ^_^

She admitted she was being sarcastic, and Steady relaxed, smiling. He watched as she stretched her wings, confessing this had taken much stress off of her. I hope it's as much as you've taken off me by letting me know my sister is okay, he said genuinely. Standing, he added, I need to get back to patrolling. Feel free to use my den whenever you need to. He turned and headed back towards the borders, his heart, and steps, a little lighter.