The Sentinels if you are so very mighty
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Private 
deepwood weald! for @Blue Willow <3

they had departed the borders of the plateau, after telling dante of their intentions. he and the silver man had explored -- now would taltos take his bride into the emerald land, now overlaid with the russet and orange of late fall. it was a slower trek than before -- the cold had seemed to aggravate his injury -- but he pressed on all the same. blue willow remained her spry, lovely self.

they reached the woodland some stretch of time later, a long burst of traveling hours interspersed with at least two sunrises and nights. excitement flowered in lasher's breast all the same; his breath rose to steam in the crisp air as he turned to his wife.

"look there."
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow followed behind her mate. Anxious to see the land he spoke of. He told her it was beautiful and she hoped it was too. She yawned quietly as she walked. She had been staying up late to wrap and get her precious herbs ready for transport. She had spent far too long collecting and hoarding them, for them to just be left behind.  Very seldom had she been able to just lie down and think on life in the last few weeks. Everything was increasing in a whirlwind. All too soon they would be leaving what they loved behind and going on a new adventure. 

Blue felt a small fluttering in her belly. She ignored it attributing it to the excitement of seeing this new home for herself. She stepped up beside him and followed suit. She looked down into the land and gasped. It was indeed beautiful. The sienna colors of fall making the ground glow with colors and brightness.

Would you look at that. What is this place called?
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
winter was a hard time to be moving, but lasher intended that they be settled in their new home before the snows began to grow more harsh. he watched joy flower on the willow's face, heard her breathy words as he stepped to her side. "donnelaith. it shall be called donnelaith, and i shall be its ruler, and you its queen."

his eyes fell upon blue willow. "dante says he wishes to step down, and for me to take his place. if you wish it, rule alongside me, though if you do not, i shall understand. he will be my beta - our beta."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue looked around again, her ear tilted backwards towards him. She shook her head at first, fighting to fully grasp what he said. She tried out the name on her own tongue, Donnelaith. Like your former home? His next words caused her pause. She had no intention of ruling again. She didn't mind being an alpha when she had been one. It wasn't anything really that stayed her tongue other than surprise. She had not known that Dante was so unsure, or unwanting of the title of Alpha still. I will rule beside you love.

She stepped forward and then stopped, Do we have time to explore? She wasn't sure of his time line and if he wished to be home by a certain time. Again the soft fluttering in her belly, and again she ignored it, certain that it was simply nerves from walking in the new home. She had not been thinking, the truth of what it really was completely leaving her mind at the moment.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she accepted, and his heart was buoyed. "yes, of course," he answered, laving her muzzle with a lash of his tongue. "as least as deeply as our light will allow. dante and i scented no wolves here. indeed -- not a sign of a pack for some miles about."

there was something rather ... changed about his mate, but he could not consider it now, not with the looming prospect of their new home before them. motioning that she should walk forward, taltos followed, keeping watch around them for any signs of danger.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue stepped carefully through the brush. The trunks littered a larger area than a pack of wolves, and the branches that littered the ground treacherous. However, rather than add an unwelcoming and scary air to the area around. It added a sort of safety for the dark furred she wolf. There were many places to hide and she was certain there would be game hiding in here as well.

She stopped to lean into a tall tree, it's rotten inside falling away, to leave nothing more than a shell. She smiled a perfect place to leave herbs, it was moist and dark. There are many places to make a home among these trees, and I can hide my herbs easily in the rotten logs. We could even move some of the underbrush around to clear spaces. Is there anything special that you liked of this place?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he smiled. "always the healer." he was unsure of how to transport the herbs such a far distance, but had faith that blue willow would devise a method. stepping forward, he began to cast his eyes about for a densite, not for himself but for the remaining two children. a pang flickered in his heart at the thought of constantine traipsing the world alone, and eilidh had been gone on her explorations also. casmir remained, but perhaps in time he too would set off on his way.

"the ocean will provide us with unique food. i had the dubious pleasure of tasting some when dante and i were last here."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled at his words and dipped her head. Yes always I have told many others that I am always a healer before anything else, although I think mother and lover comes first now even more than healing. SHe looked down demurely and continued her gentle perusal of the underbrush. She thought of their children Eilidh exploring and Constantine having left in anger. Her precious boy. They had meant no offense, he was just more of a home body than Casmir had been and Cas had shown interest in the outriding trade so why not give him something to work for it. She sighed softly.

Blue licked her lips and stopped realizing she was very hungry, famished actually. You know I am very hungry. I must not have eaten enough this morning. I burnt it all off while walking.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he knew she was pained for their children, and stepped forward with a quiet sigh to embrace the woman. "they will return," he murmured into her dark ear, before pressing a smiling kiss against her cheek and moving aside to stretch his forelegs. "a hunt will be well to christen this place," he murmured, though he could not at all recall a time that blue willow had expressed her hunger aloud to him. "perhaps fish?" he suggested, moving toward the heart of what he intended to be their new territory.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue frowned in thought, an inkling of something pushing at the back of her mind, but she shrugged it off. She would have known were it anything more than hunger. It was simply that she had pushed herself too much lately and was eating too little that was all. She smiled and wagged her tail. That is one thing I can actually do is fish. At least in the lake at any rate. Is there a lake around here? Or would we need to go to the sea?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he laughed. "i am sure there is a body of water here, unless you would rather trek to the ocean? have you seen such an expanse before? it really is rather lovely." he held back then -- she would direct their steps -- but he took that moment to explore a dark hollow beneath a fallen tree for the presence of foe or prey. a weasel gave a startled hiss -- the druid drew away, unwilling to engage the beast for the moment, and turned expectantly back to his mate.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled softly and listened her ears perked forward. I have seen the ocean. I came this way once or twice, met those that lived in the Bay or at least their leader Ragnar. And Seaweed is wondrous for binding wounds.

She sniffed at the ground for a moment and watched ears laid back as he found a creature beneath the tree. Let's see if we can find a body of water here. I would like to see the ocean before we go home though.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he nodded -- he had not heard the name of ragnar before but trusted his wife's judgement when it came to her mingling. falling into step with her, the pair moved inland. he lifted his muzzle to scent the air several times -- until they had all traveled here, they would not be completely safe.

eventually a thin ribbon of running water could be seen through the thickly placed trees; the ground dipped to the soft dark dirt of the bank and the druid paused to behold its loveliness.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had not talked to Ragnar but a pawful of times. Once when she met him on the beach, and once when he returned to tell Peregrine and her of Crete's betrayal. Not that it was, he had merely impregnated a girl and then ran away. Though truth be told, Blue didn't think he had known. She refused to believe that he would just abandon her like that. Those things happened though and it didn't do to dwell on such things.

Blue wagged her tail at the beauty beset before her. She sniffed the air as Lasher did, looking for any hidden danger. Finding none she gently walked towards the water. She looked down and smiled at the silver fish that still moved about, though much more slowly beneath the surface. This will be cold She chuckled to herself and wagged her tail. She turned her head to looked over at her love and wait patiently. Her stomach giving a loud grumble, and slight bile rose up in her throat. She swallowed swiftly ignoring it. She needed to eat.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she was patient, but her hunger was audible, and lasher cocked a curious ear toward her before he moved forward. "allow me," he murmured, pressing his lips against her cheek. the waters were indeed icy -- the muscles of his jaws clenched briefly, involuntarily, before he was able to calm himself and fall to the business of hunting fish for his beloved mate.

his first and second strike went empty, and then he was forced to leap from the waters to prance on chilled paws, moving the blood more quickly from its slowed circulation. giving her a wry grin, the druid reentered the creek and was this time able to snatch a fish from its cold surface.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue looked down slightly embarrassed it wasn't often that she allowed herself to grow so hungry that her stomach announced it to the world. She could remember a time in her youth that it happened more often than not, one of the many reasons though she was a large woman, she was also sort of slight. She would not deny that she had grown rounder after children, and age and with her current home where food was abundant everyday.  She chuckled and licked his cheek gently. She watched with curiosity as he allowed himself entry into the cold water.

She cheered him along, laughing at his mistakes but not cruelly. She was feeling alive and young and vibrant, something she had not felt in some time. Somewhere along the way she forgot to play. She would call encouragement and wag her tail. She thought about entering, but thought perhaps it was something he wanted to do himself. When he finally won she gave a small happy gambol about and wagged her tail much harder. You did it!
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he laughed. "indeed i did," came his gentle voice, and he moved the fish closer to his wife. "eat now." perhaps she was upon the verge of sickness, and if that was the truth, she would be in need of sustenance. he raised one brow to see that she complied, and then delved into the cold water once more to procure his own meal. shaking the icy droplets from his dark fur, lasher settled beside blue willow to consume the briny flesh, and it sated a deeper hunger he realized he had been carrying about.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled at his laughter it was beautiful and hardy. Something she enjoyed about him. She made a mental note to make him laugh more. She dove into the fish with a hunger she hadn't realized, but as she began to eat and her stomach began to turn. She tried to ignore it to fight the ever churning in her guts, but she could no longer. With a gentle huff she ran to the edge of the clearing far away from Lasher and his own meal and as she lay there losing the meal she had just swallowed. The truth came crashing down on her. 

She lay down to the ground and shivered and as she did so she mentally counted backwards to the moons and the tides and a small whine escaped her maw. She was pregnant and she hadn't known. She hadn't known! She got up in a frenzy now anxious and worried, they had trekked far and wide, she hadn't been caring for herself correctly. She did not take the special herbs she had taken before. What if she caused something to happen to them. She fought down the rising panic and spoke softly the truth outloud.  I do believe i'm pregnant again.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
it was not five moments before blue willow rose and ran off into the brush; lasher followed closely, worry furrowing his brow as her stomach thrust its contents into the underbrush. she lay still after, wrung of strength, and a small sound of trepidation stole from his lips as she voiced her own sound. was it illness? why would they be punished so now?

and then she spoke, and the worry cleared from his features, swiftly replaced by a radiant mingling of surprise and joy. "willow" he exclaimed, curling his body 'round hers. "and you came all this way? you must rest!"

children. siblings for their first mayfair brood. he smiled.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had heard Lasher following, but had ignored it at first. She ignored him still as she fought to tamper down her own panic. She heard the joy in his voice and she couldn't help but give a small smile. She followed though with a  tiny wail. I know. I didn't realize. I've been too busy. And I have not been sick this time until now. The long trek must have upset my stomach and then not eating very much. Lasher I haven't been taking proper care, what if I caused undue harm?

She fretted and mused a little bit longer, but she couldn't help a smile that hung about her mouth despite the worry. The way she couldn't help but glance down at her belly ever so often. Now that she looked she was beginning to round out. Though she may have been imagining it, as she had never quite lost the pooch she had from their first brood. Babies in the new pack lands. We are truly blessed Lasher. She hoped that it wouldn't be a terrible winter. She was not sure if she could take care of herself, make a new territory and the babies that grew. Because surely she only had a few weeks left before they were coming. They would be coming during the coldest months if all was right with her timeline.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"blessed indeed," he agreed, but the worry that remained upon her face set his own features to solemnity. harm could have been caused to the unborn, but their trek had not been particularly arduous, and they had not been befallen by any sort of danger. blue willow's smile returned and he relaxed, licking at the edge of her cupped ear. "it will be all right. now that we are aware of your condition, we shall travel home more slowly. your herbs are there, as well as our den. you shall rest and relax yourself with rich food in preparation."

when they at last came to settle in the new land, the wolfess would be heavy with their pups, but the combined efforts of their wolves would ensure her safety.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled quietly as he licked her ear. Finding a ticklish spot she hadn't realized was there. His next words caused her pause. She swallowed thickly and spoke softly, but with iron in her words. I won't be going back Lasher. For starters that is too far to be traveling as far as I am. It could put me into labor early, secondly we don't have a time we are going to fully leave. So by the time we get back to here it might be time to have them and I won't have a safe place to do so. I would rather find out a birthing den and build caches."

She looked up at him uneasily expecting him to argue as was his right as both father and mate. She wasn't sure if she could hold her own against such an argument. She was a stubborn wolfess, she was used to being on her own. However, she also had to take his thoughts and opinions into affect as was his right.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
his countenance fell as she spoke, and then his features adopted a firmness not commonly seen upon his dark features. he did not speak until blue willow had finished, accepting her reasoning in a stern silence, but at length, his tail lashed at his heels and he shook his muzzle. "i shall not leave you here! it is a strange land, and you are with child. i would be quite remiss in my duties to our family to leave you behind, willow. surely you understand?"

she may have been used to a solitary life before, but he did not believe it now, and while the threat of early delivery was a dire one indeed, lasher simply could not fathom abandoning his mate to the elements.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow smiled softly and nuzzled him gently, but she held firm to her thoughts. Lasher I am not as young as I used to be. I also have not been properly caring for myself because i didn't realize. It would be irresponsible of me to go back the same way I came, without rest and relaxation. I also fear that I need to find a den and dig it before the cold weather begins to freeze the ground. Though I understand what you are saying and feeling, I cannot go back that way. It is too dangerous. It will kill two duties. Not only will I be caring for myself, but we will be more established than if I were to go back. Please love.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she clashed with him again, though gently, and his mouth set into a grim and unamused line. yet he leant forward all the same, sighing into her mouth as he kissed it. "stubborn little tree," lasher muttered. "i should have you uprooted and thrown across my shoulder for the trek homeward." yet he smiled at last as he said this, softening toward her strength. "i cannot dissuade you from this -- we shall come quickly -- but i will visit you often." with that she could not argue.