The Sentinels Sweet Lass, Quiet Lass
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Blue Willow ventured from the den she had made while waiting for the others. It lacked some of the homey touches she and Lasher had in BlackTail, but she was certain it would become home again. For now she simply walked among the ground, her largely rounded belly for all to see. She would stop ever so often, short of breath and crampy. She smiled softly while she shook her head. The last part of Pregnancy was always the hardest, and she would be lying if she said she enjoyed it.

Oh she loved carrying life in her womb, but when she could barely move for the large protruding belly, that almost scraped on the ground and made her waddle like a duck, well. It was very unbecoming. Her time was coming quicker than she had anticipated, just a few more weeks before the little ones would be here. She was a bit frantic, feeling as if she had missed so much, and it had put her behind.

Blue finally realizing she could go no further for a few moments, sat down, then laid down, sighed and stood up again. Trying to find a comfortable position. Her mother had always told her the second pregnancy came quicker, showed quicker, and made you larger. She hadn't believed her, but she did now.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Few days had passed since Osprey had proposed to Dante and, though with this being grand news on some levels, she had not told a single soul yet. She was perfectly happy and it gave her a childish joy to have such a beautiful secret and no one else knew about it. For a while it felt that if someone found out... the precious gem would lose it's shine. 

However, when she spotted the familiar form of Blue willow, while she was taking a walk through the forest, searching for a perfect den, but doing more daydreaming, it seemed that this was a good opportunity to share the news. Since her return to the pack she had seen and formally met her friend on many occasions, but there had never been a moment for a proper heart-to-heart talk. Now, however, the life seemed to have calmed down for the new leader of the pack. 

"Hey," Osprey called out to the girl, once she had come close enough to know for sure that this was - in fact - Blue willow and not any of the other members that could look as black smudges in her eyes.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
You'll have to forgive me for not getting a thread up earlier....sickness has been rampant in our household. Also I haven't been as active as I could have been. So are Osprey's scars noticeable about her face?

Blue finally settled in a soft seated position with a loud umph. She was like a barrel with legs, and she was unsure if she went the whole way down if she could get up. So she sat rather ungainly while she took a small break. 

Blue had heard that Osprey had been back, had seen her a few times. It had hurt her heart that Osprey hadn't sought her out for a long talk as they used too, but she did not hold any ill will towards her. Both of them had gone through much in the last few moons and she wasn't sure where she stood anymore. As always Osprey was her dear friend, and she truly still wanted her to be an aunt and even a godmother to her children if she wanted, even the new ones.

Blue heard a soft hey and turned her gaze. She attempted to move and almost fell flat on her face. She groaned softly, but wagged her tail. Hello Osprey. I apologize that I can't move to meet you. I may fall on you and squish you there is no balance in this overly rotund body of mine. Enjoying the day?
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: Osprey does not have any major scars on her face, but, if one looks very carefully, he can notice that her eyes are not exactly clear and they have a slight milky shade about them. And don't worry - we are having a thread now. :)

"We don't want that to happen," Osprey said with a light-hearted laugh and went over to take place next to her friend. "But I will take my chances," she bumped her shoulder against Blue willow's. Hopefully light enough not to topple her over. 

"Lasher told me the great news - they must arrive soon," she was surprised, how easy it was to talk with her and hoped that her friend felt the same way too. "And I have to apologize myself - I haven't been most active to seek out you after my return. I am still recovering," she tried to make it sound, as if it was no big deal anymore. One of the reasons of not seeking Willow out earlier - had also been because she did not want to burden her, when there was so much going on already. 

"I have some news of my own... just promise not to fall over in shock," it was a big deal to tell and therefore she was a little nervous. "Me and Dante - we are mates now."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled and nudged her friend back, making sure not to lift any of her paws though, for fear of toppling over. It was funny how large she felt, when she possibly wasn't even that large, but she felt ungainly. She was not uncomfortable at the moment, just bulging.

Sooner than I would have liked honestly. I had not realized I was pregnant until I was farther along than usual. I had been too busy.  Blue smiled softly, but shook her head. No apology needed. I know you ahve been healing and dealing with your fair share of things. I missed you though. There was no point in lying. She had missed her.  Osprey was her closest friend next to Lasher.

Blue let her tongue loll out as she waited. Her friends next words caught her off guard and she squealed quietly. WHy that's wonderful! I am so happy for you and him. I think the two of you make a good match.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
It was apparent that the news had taken Blue willow by surprise, but Osprey was glad that she was taking them well and thought that it was the right choice. Not that she would have had second thoughts about it, in case her friend hadn't been supportive (because, when it came to big and important things - Osprey always stuck to her own opinions), but it was nice to know that someone was happy for them. That she could share a tad bit of her happiness with someone else. 

"It is a lot different than I expected to be... but nice," she mused. "I mean - all girls dream about prince in shiny armour and in a way I was no different. Then it turns out that the right guy lives next door and has been one of your best friends all along." She did not mention the rational and deal-like side of the arrangement to Blue willow, but since her own mateship had gone pretty much the same road... she would understand. 

"So... how many do you think you will have this time? Any tell-tale signs? Old wives tales, hmm?" Osprey asked, tossing the ball back to Willow's side of the field.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow wagged her tail again, thrilled to death for her friend. Blue wouldn't have shown if she was disappointed, she wasn't so it didn't matter, but Osprey and Dante deserved as much happiness as she could find for them, and they could find for theirselves.

Blue smiled and nudged her friend's face. Sometimes those are the best kind. Lasher had been one of her best friends. She had lost her true soul mate, and it had hurt so badly, but Lasher had helped to pick up the pieces. We all look for Prince Charming, and sometimes we even find him, but bad things happen. I am glad you have found happiness Osprey you deserve it so much.

Blue laughed and shook her head. I do not know. IT doesn't feel as many as before, but I still feel so large. I don't think there are any wives tales for numbers. Though I wish there were a few.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey did not think that she was among people, who deserved "much happiness", since most of the troubles and sad events in her life had happened because of her own fault. Some of the mistakes she had made, faulty assumptions and bad words said that she did not want to remember at all. There probably were thousands of souls out there, who deserved more and never got enough, so, if it was in her power, the lass would keep a bit of her luck to herself and then hand the rest out to others. 

It was a little odd that, while Blue's children weren't born, Osprey could feel so happy and excited around her pregnant friend. And in the days to come after their birth, she would remember this moment and feel like such a hypocrate. But at this moment she didn't burden herself with the worries about the future, for her mind was going through more trivial matters - such as the "old wife" tales she had heard, regarding divination. 

"I am sure that one of the ways was by reading the arrangement of guts, belonging to a freshly killed bird," she announced and then furrowed her brow, realizing that she could have given the wrong animal species. "But I think that it's sort of waste of time, if you can eat it straight away."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'm sorry I suck lately

Blue felt that Osprey deserved happiness just as everyone did, despite their background. It wasn't often that she found anyone that she didn't like or that she felt bad about.  No she liked most everyone and hoped for the best in all aspects. Blue knew that most made their own mistakes, but the good ones always learned from their mistakes.

Blue laughed and smacked her lips. I'm all for anything to do with food lately. I too find that type of such things rather wasteful. It's food, eat it.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: my activity is on/off too. Feeling really tired after work lately. :(

Talking about food made Osprey remember that she hadn't had fill this morning either. She was about to suggest raiding a cache, when one look at her friend's form reminded her, how very wrong it would it would be. Meaning - not everyone knew that Osprey's progress with getting back on her feet was a lot slower than expected. And since she had been a proud hunter once, letting others see that she had gone so low as to eat from the stores was unthinkable. 

"Do you have any idea, what are you going to have this time - a boy-band or a princess crew?" Osprey decided that staying on the subject about pregnancy was the easiest route for now.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
(February 04, 2016, 05:23 PM)Osprey Wrote: ooc: my activity is on/off too. Feeling really tired after work lately. :(

Talking about food made Osprey remember that she hadn't had fill this morning either. She was about to suggest raiding a cache, when one look at her friend's form reminded her, how very wrong it would it would be. Meaning - not everyone knew that Osprey's progress with getting back on her feet was a lot slower than expected. And since she had been a proud hunter once, letting others see that she had gone so low as to eat from the stores was unthinkable. 

"Do you have any idea, what are you going to have this time - a boy-band or a princess crew?" Osprey decided that staying on the subject about pregnancy was the easiest route for now.

Blue would not have taken any offense by Osprey eating from the cache, she would have encouraged it. Even hunters deserved a day off from hunting, to eat the stores they collected. Not to mention that Blue wanted her friend to become as healthy as she had been. She had been lax in that area as well, taking care of her friends. How are you feeling after that long trek by the way?

Blue laughed at her friends question adn shook her head. I have no idea, it would be nice to have at least one more girl. But as long as they are healthy. I fear I didn't take very good care of myself this time. I worry that they will be sickly. SHe looked down, knowing that it may hurt where the conversation was going, but she was unsure who else to speak with about it.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Me - I am way better than I was before. Dante is of great help too," Osprey replied cheerfully. It made such a difference in life, when you had someone worth living for. She had been on her own for a very long time, been fine, but always felt that there was something missing. A goal. And now she had a family. A small one, but important nonetheless. 

"Do you say so, because boys are easier to take care of or you wish for another kindred spirit?" Osprey had heard about Blue's daughter's Eilidh's aspirations to become a medic. Surely the mother was proud of her. "Well, worrying won't make things any better - everything will be fine."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled and thumped her tail against the ground. As he should be. She smiled and shifted. It really did make the world worthwhile, though Blue had been okay without another too. Not that she would change her life, or her mate. No she would not change a thing. A part of her of course still longed for a blue eyed, black furred male, but he was long gone, and often her heart ached as well.

No, I just wish Eilidh has another sister. She is the only girl inbetween two brothers, not that it is a terrible thing, but it is nice for her I would help to have another female around or near her own age she could gossip with. I am pleased that Eilidh has taken a liking to my herb lore, but even if she hadn't I would still like another girl for her to spend time with.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Blue willow mentioning that it would do Eilidh good to have another female friend made Osprey remember her own childhood and whether she - being the only girl in a litter of three - had ever felt lonely. Peregrine had been her best buddy in the whole world at that time so the answer was - no. She had never really been interested in the girl stuff in the first place, finding that competing with the boys was more exciting than dreaming about a prince charming. 

"There is always some rivarly between the siblings though. I remember envying my older sisters for all the things they could do better as us - kids," she said, thinking about the urge to grow up faster and now, when finally being adult, realizing that half the things you thought had been exciting... weren't like that at all. "I don't think I have ever asked you - but did you have any brothers or sisters?"

ooc: if you wish, maybe you can fade this thread out in your next post. We can have a more updated thread soon. 
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
ooc: if you wish, maybe you can fade this thread out in your next post. We can have a more updated thread soon. 
[/quote]

Blue sometimes had wished to have a sister, though she had loved her parents and the extended time she had with them. They had coddled and spoiled her. It had been a nice life, and she had her brothers of course. She had been closer to Aris than Alec, but she had loved them both. She had been closer to Aris than Alec, but then both had gotten along with her.

Blue smiled softly and nodded, Yes I have two older brothers, and sometimes I swear a million nieces and nephews. Aris and Alec are my brothers. Blue smiled and passe dthe time reveling Osprey of the million things her brothers had done as pups.