The Sentinels Antsy and Pregnant
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Blue trundled from the den, her hips making a wide arc as she walked. She snorted to herself she wasn't walking, she was waddling. It was only mere days before the babes would be born, she could feel it. Perhaps a week or a little more. She wasn't sure how she felt about it yet. She was excited for the babes of course, but winter made her nervous. They would be winterborne babes and it scared her.

Finally, breathless and weak she lay down in the middle of the pack lands. She would get up and mosey a little more here eventually, but right now she merely wanted to rest her body.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
*steals all open threads* :D it's been a while since these two had one!

Dante lunged at the bird as it took off, cursing silently as he watched it wing away unharmed. He'd have liked the lunch, but would have to settle for a delay until he could track down some other unsuspecting small critter. He'd never been a particularly gifted hunter, knowing enough to survive but having more of an edge in a group. His size made sneaking up on smaller prey a bit of an issue.

He put his nose down to follow some woodland trails as he moved through the claim, tail waving happily behind him. He wasn't too fussed by the miss, for the day was clear and crisp. For a long time he'd hated winter, but these early days, the clean air envigorated him.

He spotted Blue Willow lying ahead and smiled, altering course to go say hello. His mood was high and it had been a while since they had caught up. "Blue, hey!" He hailed her cheerfully, coming around so that he was in view as he moved in closer.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It has been. <3

Blue watched the nearby wild life as they skittered from one place to another. Most were long gone, farther south or into their hidey holes. There were a few birds and some small animals running around. Perhaps the winter wouldn't be so bad. She hoped so for the sake of the children growing in her womb.

Blue took a deep breath of the chilled air. Though it burned it made her feel alive. There was just something about the chill in the air as it passed through warmth. She sighed softly, happily and laid her head on her paws. She watched the world go by.

A loud call had her lifting her head and looking around. She smiled when Dante came upon her. She thumped her tail against the ground and chuffed in return. Hello Dante.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She seemed to be resting, so he went ahead and sat down before she felt she needed to get up, reaching out to greet her with a friendly bump on the cheek. "You look well," he said with a smile, taking note of how she'd grown since he'd last seen her. It wouldn't be long now before they had more to feed. A terrifying and exhilarating thought.

"Just enjoying the day?" He asked, wondering if she was about some purpose and taking a break or simply resting in the fresh air. If the former, perhaps he could lend a paw. It was a cold day, but clear, and the wind was not heavy. So the latter could easily be true as well.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue laughed merrily at his observation. She looked at him with a small twinkle in her eye. I look like a small beached whale Dante. She giggled again and bumped her tail against the ground. Blue would have felt a kinship had she known she was not the only one fearful for the coming months with babies.

Blue nodded her head. Yes and then I got tired and had to lay down. It is not easy carrying this much weight around. Blue shifted and looked around sniffing hte cool air. What about you Dante? Are you just enjoying the day as well?
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"A very beautiful beached whale," he replied happily, glad her spirits seemed so high and she appeared tired, but feeling well. So long as she felt healthy the birth would go much better. He couldn't help but remember how Osprey had been during her own difficult pregnancy, but the surprisingly poignant pain behind that thought made him switch immediately.

"I bet. I was attempting a hunt, but not having too much luck. Still trying to work out the territory." The sequoia trees were tall and sparse, offering less cover for the large wolf. He would need to learn to use more of the underbrush, but so far mostly succeeded in only scaring them off.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue laughed and nudged her friend gently. Thank you, but I just feel large, not beautiful. Blue wagged her tail again. It wasn't often that she had been in high spirits, but this new place, the new life that beat inside of her. IT was making her happy and thankful. Blue had been blessed to have both healthy pregnancies and it kept her in good spirits. She had been worried at first, but she was growing calmer that this one would be as fine as the first.

It is beautiful here. You and Lasher did well Dante. And the name fits it so well. I can help perhaps? I know a bit more of the territory than most, but not so much. Most of my time was spent making a place to girth and raise babies. She looked at the trees and smiled they were sparse, but beautiful and come spring they would be full of foliage.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"Your mate has an eye for beauty, and it seems your son does as well." After all, it was Casmir and Behati who had scouted the coast first.  Still, the territory they had chosen was better even than Dante had expected.  Their pack thrived and his spirits too were higher than they had been before, though that could also be attributed to a number of factors.

"I would appreciate it.  Do you know of any locations where smaller prey can be found? Where the undergrowth is a bit denser?"  He had come across a few, of course, but hadn't quite explored broadly enough to see more.  He found he hadn't the energy to explore widely for all that long, so the process was slowed.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'm sorry I suck

Blue smiled and shook her head both at her son and mate. That they do. They are beautiful beigns themselves though both inside and outside. So I would hope they find beauty in others and places. Blue looked around taking into count everything around, smiling to herself.

Blue frowned for a moment. There are some denser underbrush towards the high trees. You have to go a bit further in where the forest is darker. But inside some of the thickets there is natural sunlight.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
No worries!

"I agree."  Their family was a lovely one, and it was a pleasant sort of envy he got watching them grow together.  He was a part of their number, but not in that way, nor would he wish to be.  He wasn't quite sure what felt at that moment, but in only a few short weeks he would have an answer.  

She obliged him in his question and he tipped his head gratefully, trying to picture the place she spoke of.  Perhaps he had passed through it on one of his jaunts, but it was not a place that had stuck, and he needed to go commit it and it's features to memory.  The edges had been his main focus for the first few weeks of living there.  He had always been more warden than huntsman.  "Thank you, Blue.  I'll have to try that.  Those of my type need as much cover as we can get."  He laughed a bit in good humor as he said it, not at all bothered making comments at his own expense when they were both true and not necessarily degrading.  He could move quietly when he wished to, yes, but that didn't help much if there was nothing to hide his approach.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue nudged him gently. As far as she was concerned he and Osprey were family, their children's aunt and uncle, even godparents if they would like the title. However, Osprey had turned that down once upon a time, she wondered if she should bring it up again.

Blue chuckled, my mother was much like Eilidh. She had a terrible time hiding in the foliage. My father would often leave her back, or she would roll in mud. She always cleaned afterward though, hating the way it felt on her fur. I suppose i am lucky in that respect.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante was amused by the image of Blue Willow's mother rolling in mud to obscure her coat.  He had wondered where Eilidh's unique look came from though he would never ask - she stood out amongst her darker kin clearly.  "My sister was the same," he replied, a fond smile lighting on him before fading.  He did not speak of her much, especially now.

"I am luckier than most."  There were worse things to be than large, and his size had served him well more than once.  "I will try my luck in those spots.  If it pays off, maybe I can bring you something back?". If she was hungry he'd be more than happy to.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow sometimes wondered if her daughter felt out of place amongst her family. She hoped not, she had done her best to include her and not set her fur apart from others. She hoped she had done a good job. Your sister was lighter than you? Blue asked the question kindly, not thinking it may bother him.

Oh I would like that. I am always hungry. Hence my size. She gave him a bemused look as she looked down over herself and chuckled.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
wrapping this up <3
He didn't mind the question, but the subject was one as yet he'd managed to avoid dwelling on.  So he did not go into it. "She was," he stated simply instead, keeping his tone light despite the slight damper it gave.  

"I'll see what I can get.  It's the least I can do.  Thanks for the tip." He gave her a quick, affectionate lick on the cheek, amused by her own cheerful acceptance of her size.  To Dante it looked uncomfortable and miserable, and he felt fortunate it was a thing he would never have to experience.  A thing of beauty, yes, but a nuisance as well.  He'd see if he could find her something to eat at least.