Thunder Dome THE HATTER IS ARMED WITH A CACTUS
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro

The time was almost upon them. In the near future, she'd climb to the highest reaches of the volcano that she could and let her voice fill the air around them. She would claim the territory not only for herself, but for those who'd decided to follow her as well. It would serve as their home, their empire, and she would do well to protect it from any imposing threats. Even presently, while she had no official claim on the land, her intentions were to keep it and it's inhabitants safe. It seemed not many came to the peak, much to her relief and worry, which she suspected was due to the clouds looming dangerously overhead. The entire peak was a hot spot for storms, acting like an iron rod, so to speak, in the way it attracted the sky's flame. For the wolf who feared little, it was naught of concern, but she could understand fully how it might frighten others away. No matter, she'd attempted to keep her mind clear of such negative thoughts, for, in spite of the location she'd chosen, she still had located those interested in being one with her tribe.

While the dragon knew of the concern some might feel when looking upon her home from a distance, she'd not traveled out in search of more subordinates as of late. Since her return, she'd had one visit her borders, and that lone presence had been enough to assure her that not all feared the dangers of the volcano. There were some out there who, like herself, could see the beauty in it—or, perhaps, were just that much interested in finding a home that they'd take what they could get. Whichever the reasoning was, she did not question it, but only ever asked that those who chose to stay held loyalty in their hearts. Such thoughts filled her mind each time she lingered along the borders, serving as a reminder to herself that she could not turn someone away simply because they were uncertain of her claim. However, it also made her recall the fact that she could not take everyone in just because she wished to help them. She needed those willing to assist in the bettering of her tribe, not selfish fools interested only in filling their stomachs and taking all but giving nothing. Such beings were despicable, and she'd need to be wary of them in the future.

Asterr had set out with those same thoughts present in her mind, steps so silent one might mistake her for a phantom; though she was anything but. The yearling was very much alive, and had departed from the cavern in order to check the boundaries. There was also another motive behind her actions, of course, which was to travel to a nearby territory just as she'd done before. Expanding her reaches could lead to able bodies being found, and those were the very same types of beings she needed. As she'd made her way down one of the ledges, there came a scent, one that was unfamiliar to her. It was a wolf, but the owner was a stranger to her. Wondering who it might be, and why they'd drawn so near, the Draconid had altered her path in order to set herself on a course leading straight to them. Her ears were erect, body language showing she was attentive, and her tail was raised slightly. Once the stranger entered her vision, Asterr would greet her with a soft nod of her head, but remain silent for the first few moments.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
24 Posts
Ooc —
A white female trotted through the rather barren land. Her stomach was rumbling and it was getting worse by the minute. She hadn't eaten in two days. The last thing that she ate was a thin hare. Winter started to pick up the pace as the gentle breeze blew a scent toward her. It wasn't one that she had detected in a long time. Wolf. A strange wolf that could possibly help her. Suddenly, the female stopped sending up a small cloud of dust. Winter raised her muzzle to the sky and let out a long drawn out howl. After it was done, the she wolf continued toward the scent of the wolf. Her eyes were constantly searching for a pelt.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The ground beneath her felt familiar, so much so that there were times in which she'd needed to remind herself that she'd not been born atop the mountain. It was so often that she walked the ledges, it wouldn't be surprising if she'd be capable of maneuvering the entire area with her eyes closed. Her paws moved against a path she'd had to have walked a thousand times over, the only audible sound being the occasional tink! of her claws against the stone. It'd made the howl that rung out seem that much louder, almost as if it'd come from someone directly in front of her. Her ears folded back briefly, taken aback by the sudden voice, but her composure was quickly regained. Her ears had risen back up and she'd quickened her pace, legs carrying her towards the owner of the song. With the silence that had surrounded her prior to it, she'd been able to pinpoint the exact location from which it'd originated right away and it wasn't long before she could spot a pallid being in the distance.

Asterr's pace slowed once the other became visible, and she'd approached her with a neutral demeanor. She could not help but look at her with a curious gaze, eyes roaming her frame as she'd silently assessed her. The stranger's coat reminded the dragon of Frostrar's, but instead of scars littering the new face a raven-coloured patch marked her dorsal. She appeared to be thin, but that was to be expected upon the gathering of her scent, and the realization that Winter was alone. Loners did not often fare well in the cold months, and it was rare for them to ever be capable of catching a decent meal. Despite their conditions, however, they were still the beings she'd sought, and so the girl had offered a small nod to the stranger as way of greeting. "Hello," the Draconid had begun. "What has brought you to this peak?" It was always interesting for her to learn of what had driven others towards her home-to-be, and it also served as a way for her to determine whether or not they would be offered a place within it.
24 Posts
Ooc —
Winter went faster after thinking that she spotted a pelt in the distance. Her ears were pinned back to her skull. The ledges and barren land made her doubt that wolves actually lived here. Yet, she had scented them right? What about the pelt in the distance? 
After a minute the other wolf could clearly be seen again. The white pelted she would slowed to a stop. Her ears were still pinned, trying to show that she was not a threat.
"Hello. My name is Winter. I didn't come here for a certain reason. I was wandering." She informed the other she wolf with a calm tone of voice.
Kyyneleitä virtaa vasta alakerrassa.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Jolon strolled over the many ridges covered in a thin layer of snow that were becoming familiar under his paws. His stomach was now filled with a small hare, enough to keep him going for at least a few days. He did feel tired after exploring the beautiful land the bright spirit had chosen to start a home. But this was not the time to rest, for a faint howl entered his sensitive ears. His ears perked up a bit, clearly shocked by the sudden noise. His head immediately created a picture of the raven she-wolf in trouble. Luckily it didn't sound like the bright spirit Asterr, but it did sound close. Was it someone who'd noticed the borders of their future home and was waiting for someone to give permission to enter? Or was it someone in trouble, calling out for help? 

It wasn't unusual for Jolon to think about what could've made the sound. It was, however, unusual for him to go towards the sound right after hearing it. He had grown protective of the land and the ones who were going to call this place home. So without much thinking he ran towards the direction the howl had come from, eager to protect their safe haven or aid whoever had called out. He passed many small rocks on uneven ridges, scared for his life. If he tripped now it would be a disaster, so he slowed down, moving forward now in a quick trot.

It didn't take much time before hearing Asterr's familiar voice. It sounded like music to his ears. He slowed down once again before coming to halt when seeing the raven coat of his to-be alphess. His ears flattened when he spotted that she wasn't alone, but quickly perked up again when seeing this was another female. A very thin one, for that matter, with not much muscle to speak of. She didn't look like a threat. Her coat was as white as a Calla lily, with golden orbs that looked like they could light up the darkest of nights. Jolon stepped closer to the two, although more to Asterr's side, not wanting to look threatening to this new female. His tail was raised, not as high as the tail of the bright spirit, but clearly visible to the white she-wolf. He sat down, as always when wanting to start a conversation, and gave another look to the white one. She looked his age, around 24 moons at least, but wasn't as colossal as him. Jolon's icy grey gaze soon locked with her warm golden one, before greeting.

Good morning, ladies. Jolon nodded to both of them while speaking in his normal cold tone. I surely hope I'm not interrupting something important, but I couldn't ignore the call that was carried by the wind to my ears. Tell me, frosted wolf, were you the one calling? Jolon continued, his face forming a smile that didn't fit his freezing inflection. He waited for a sign from Asterr to leave them be, or to come closer and join in on the conversation.
A Man with Two Souls
A Power that Mercilessly Controls
Please Someone Help him with this Demon
Make this Free Spirit a Freeman
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When the girl answered, he ears had remained flat against her crown, but Asterr was quick to inform her it was unnecessary. While she'd appreciated it, the dragon had deemed her nonthreatening the moment she'd laid eyes upon her. The differences in their physical conditions was enough for the yearling to go off of, even if she wasn't the most experienced of warriors. No matter, she knew basic defensive skills, and with the stranger's health appearing to be on the decline, she was confident in having nothing to worry over. Even if that had not been enough, the calm of her voice would have confirmed she meant no harm. The stranger—Winter, as she'd introduced—was just a wanderer, not searching for harm of any kind. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Winter. My name is Asterr Draconid." Following her own introduction was a soft bow of her head, an act meant to mimic a curtsy. "Wandering, hm? You must enjoy traveling quite a bit if you had been brave enough to tempt these mountains." Her tone remained friendly, however she did make note of the clouds gathering overhead. They were always there, never wishing to leave it'd seemed.

It was only moments after her words had filled the air that they were replaced by the sound of footfalls. They sounded from behind the raven-esque girl, and so she was certain it was one of her followers who'd grown curious of the howl. Her eyes remained upon the outsider still, until the familiar form neared her side. It was then that she'd glanced to him, offering a faint smile as greeting. It was pleasing to see another of the tribe taking an interest in those near their boundary lines, and so she'd silently permitted him to remain there with them. She'd yet to talk with Jolon—or any other members, for that matter—about which trades he might wish to pursue in the future, but it couldn't hurt to see how he handled the duty of a guardian just this once. "Your presence is welcomed, Jolon. I am glad you are here." Again she'd smiled, before returning her attention to the snowy wolf. While she believed herself to know the answer to her companion's query already, she kept silent just in case. If there was another lingering along their borders that had attempted to go by undetected through usage of the female's location, then they would need to be found as quickly as possible.

After his question was answered, the dragon would stay quiet for a moment longer in order to further consider the response given. Once finished, she would say, "Please forgive me if I am wrong, but you appear to be alone." The scent of the she-wolf was only her own. No others clung to her, nothing that would signal a pack or even a single traveling companion. That was something she could work with, if the girl was no longer wishing to traverse the lands by her lonesome. "If I am correct, however, I wonder if you might be interested in settling somewhere?" It was only the beginning, a tactic used to see if Winter was even interested in acquiring a home somewhere. Depending on the answer given, a whole new set of questions would be unlocked, all of which would decide her fate.
24 Posts
Ooc —
The female's ears perked up a little. Winter also bowed her head. When she lifted, the she wolf noticed the gathering clouds. She figured that it was normal by the look of the place. 
"It is nice to make your acquaintance." A smile appeared on her muzzle. "Yeah. It looked cool and I wanted to explore." She said looking around before she gaze returned to Asterr. She was about to say something else, when another wolf and sat by Asterr. 
"Hello. My name is Winter. To answer your question, I was the one calling." She replied the smile still on her muzzle. So his name was Jolon. Her gold gaze flicked back to Asterr as she began to talk to her again. "Yes, I am alone." The second part she had to stop to think about. Did she want to settle? Or keep traveling? It didn't even take a minute for her to decide the answer. "Yes, I would like to settle somewhere. Also, if I may ask, am I in pack territory?"
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The smile on Asterr's face made him grin back. He was contended to hear that he could stay with them, not knowing what else he could do today anyway. besides, it was good to learn about how things got handled at their borders. While some packs preferred fighting and body language to see who could come in, their tribe favored non-violent conversations. Unless, of course, the outsider wanted to fight and seemed like a serious threat to the well-being of the tribe members. But this white one, who's name was Winter as she had introduced herself, showed neither of those violent trades.

Nice to be in your presence, Winter. I go by the name of Jolon, but I assume you've already noticed. The answer to his question had made him feel relieved, relieved to see that he was still not going mad. The raven she-wolf spoke again, asking the frosty female some more questions. It was no surprise to hear that she was indeed alone, seeing as how underfed she seemed to be. it took her longer to answer the question of settling somewhere, but even that was answered fairly quick. She carried a warm smile on her face, almost as warm as her golden gaze. Jolon decided to answer her question, not knowing if Asterr would rather do it.

Not officially, yet. He replied vaguely. He let the bright spirit give more details about their to-be home, seeing as how proud she seemed to be when talking about it. Jolon got up and trotted closer to Asterr. He touched her shoulder with his muzzle, signalling for her to speak but mostly to see if she had encountered others while they were separated. after that, he sat down again next to her and returned his icy gaze to Winter.
A Man with Two Souls
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
So she had been the one to call, just as was suspected. Given the situation, the dragon was glad to have assumed correctly. It would allow for her focus to reside solely upon the girl, rather than having to go off in search of a trespasser. Perhaps she would not have minded either way, if it weren't for the fact that her current partner in conversation was alone. No pack and, seeing as she'd not mentioned any other names, no companions for traveling. The confirmations were accepted with a faint nod of her head, showing that her following silence was not due to having missed the other's words. If she wished to settle somewhere, then there was a chance for both parties to leave the exchange with something they desired. With her mind having been temporarily preoccupied with questions meant to be asked, she was grateful Jolon was there to answer the outsider's query.

The male neared her, touching his muzzle to her shoulder, then returned to his sitting position. While she'd not needed to be encouraged to speak, she appreciated what she presumed to be concern from him. Like herself, it seemed as if he was interested in gathering more followers for the tribe, and for that she could not call him out on his actions. "As he said, we have yet to place an official claim upon this land, but it is ours by word," she began, taking the time to sit herself down. There was a chance they might be there for a bit as questions were asked and information given, so allowing one's legs the chance to rest through sitting seemed like the most logical of choices. "To lay the foundations of our tribe, it is what we wish to accomplish. However, until then, we seek those in need of a home, those willing to stay with us from the very start of things. Of course, that means we ask for loyalty from those interested in joining us." Absolute devotion was the most sought out of traits in those joining the tribe, yet, Asterr knew better than to ask that of someone right away. If someone was capable of offering such to her, however, she'd certainly never deny it—it all depended on the wolf, she knew, as well as their experiences in the past.

"If it is a place to settle within that you seek, and you have naught a problem with vowing your allegiance to both the tribe and myself, then I see no reason to not permit you access to our lands," the yearling offered. "Normally, a leader would ask of you to speak your strengths, the abilities you possess, but I believe actions speak louder than words. If you do choose to give yourself to us, I will expect to see you working towards that which interests you the most." To pursue a trade, as well as specialties, would definitely earn any member positive attention from the dragon, but it would not be demanded of any one wolf. They were a tribe, a family, and as such they would work together in order to accomplish that which is necessary for survival.
24 Posts
Ooc —
After a minute, the she wolf sat. She listened carefully to every word each one of the wolves said. After they finished speaking, Winert remained silent. Her gaze fell to the ground. She was thinking about the whole idea of belonging to a pack. She didn't really have a good experience with them before, but the two wolves in front of her seemed really nice. The female continued to think for a moment longer before she finally looked up. When she did look up, her gaze was even warmer than before.
"Of course ill be loyal! Why would I not?" She yipped.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
A cold, winter breeze blew in Jolon's face as he was listening to his tribe leader. It had made him close his eyes for a few seconds, for it was the best feeling in the world for him. When he opened his eyes, Asterr was still explaining everything to the white female. He had heard it before when he was in the same spot as Winter, but it didn't make the words from the bright spirit any less pure. When she was done talking, Jolon's cold, grey gaze fell on the white she-wolf. She had been listening carefully to every word Asterr had said and remained quiet for a bit. Jolon knew it was a lot to take in and that Winter was probably considering joining them. He saw the white female rest her gaze on the ground, clearly thinking. When she looked up, it felt like her eyes were warmer than before, almost some kind of glow. the words of the frosty wolf made him think about what could break loyalty. He could think of many things that would make one betray his or her tribe, but decided not to say them out loud. Besides, it didn't sound like a real question to him, more like signing that she had no intentions of betraying them.

Winter, are you a decent hunter by any chance? Jolon was interested in her skills as a hunter since she was roughly the same age as him. Being a clean hunter himself he thought he could learn her something so they could find enough food for the tribe to feast upon in the future. He had sworn to keep them safe, and with that he included not letting them starve to death. If Winter however did not posses this skill it would make no difference to her acceptance for Jolon, but did not know how Asterr thought about this. He stared with his freezing orbs at the white female before him, wanting an honest answer.
A Man with Two Souls
24 Posts
Ooc —
Winter felt small under his gaze. Did her answer affect the answer for her to join? She hoped that it didn't.
 "Well.. I'm not the best at hunting." She replied truthfully. "I mean, I can hunt, but I'm not crazy good at it." She said looking up at both wolves.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Ayo, Winter. For future reference, please respect the posting orders of threads~ c:
New order would be: Asterr > Jolon > Winter. I think we can wrap this up with one more post from the both of you though...?

Silence fell after her words had been spoken, the outsider having delved into her own thoughts. The yearling did not rush her, knowing it was a big decision to make, one that required an honest commitment. Her gaze never left the girl, watching her closely as she contemplated her options—her mental and emotional capabilities. Moments later, Winter's head rose and the dragon was quick to meet her gaze once more. She agreed to giving them her loyalty, but the rhetorical question that followed almost had the Draconid's brows pinching together. Almost. Any number of things could drive a wolf to become disloyal. There was never a guarantee that they could live up to their words, not until they'd proven themselves through hard work and demonstrations of where their hearts lied. Her thoughts were not made vocal despite her beliefs, for such hints could provide the other female with the necessary information to trick them all. Such would not be tolerated from any member of the tribe, and she would give them no assistance in testing out such an idea.

Jolon had another question on his mind, it seemed, and the yearling allowed him to carry on with asking it. Though she had the final say in who was welcomed into their fold and who was turned away, she would not prevent her followers from asking potential recruits anything they might be curious of. A prompt reply was given, to which Asterr responded by giving a nod. "Perhaps you can better hone your skills with Jolon's assistance," she voiced, intentionally giving away the content of her next sentence. "Since you are willing to be devoted to us, you are welcome to join our ranks. I am sure you will fit in here just well, but if you ever have a question, you are able to seek me out." With that, she moved closer to the polar wolf, touching her muzzle to Winter's shoulder. The action was brief, and then she'd pulled away and returned to her previous spot. Her gaze then slid over to the male, silently handing the girl off to him. Since he'd asked of her hunting skills, it was assumed he was looking to piece together a small hunt to begin filling the tribe's caches. If that was the case, then she would not steal Winter away for a tour just yet; prey was a necessity, after all, and she would not force them to starve in favour of being lead through the territory. If nothing more were to be directed her way, the girl would give the pair a small farewell, then head back up along the ridges, steps carrying her throughout the mountain.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Yeah, I think that'll do it. btw, Asterr, I've found someone interested, OOC, in joining the tribe. I directed her to you, but don't know if she actually hit you up :p. Her name is Ezimette so maybe you can make a thread tagging her or something. Or if you want I could do it, I don't mind having some more threads.

Jolon respected Winter's honest answer, for it was not easy for one to admit their weaknesses. It did not take long for his name to be mentioned by Asterr. He had no problem with teaching the frosty wolf something, maybe even learning something himself. He would be honored to go hunting with her in the near future, for it really was time to do so, considering the tribe was growing in numbers. He watched as the bright spirit touched Winter, and thought about his acceptance. It wasn't long ago, but he already felt like he was more home than ever here.

Jolon got up from his sitting position, his hind quarters feeling numb from sitting on cold stone for so long. He wagged his bum a bit, moving his tail like a big black flag, both because of happiness and of the numb feeling he had. He stepped closer to Winter, touching his shoulder with hers, signing for her to follow him when they were done saying goodbye to Asterr.

Hope to see you again soon, Asterr. He smiled to the bright spirit, knowing that it would not take long for them to see each other again. He waited for Winter to say something to the raven female if she wanted to, before setting off into the direction he had come from in a slow trot, realizing it would take time for the white one to trust the ridges. He himself was not even totally familiar with placing his paws the right way on the uneven surface. He was planning on taking her to the woods, a safe place to catch something for the first time.
A Man with Two Souls
24 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah sorry.)

Th white furred female had the biggest smile placed on her muzzle. The she wolf was overjoyed that she had joined the ranks. They each touched her shoulder briefly, but Winter was unsure if she was supposed to do that. It didn't look like she wasn't supposed too. 
"Thank you!" She yipped happily. Of course, she would train as hard as she could and do anything to help the growing pack. Then, as the raven furred female left the two, a quick 'good bye!' was sent her way. Winter then turned her attention to Jolon. He seemed to be leaving too. She frowned before a small smile replaced it. "Umm... Jolon? Am I supposed to go with you?" She asked.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Jolon thought the white female got the hint of following him to the woods, but apparently it wasn't as solid as he thought. He turned his head, letting his cold piercing eyes meet her warm golden ones. He guessed he should just explain where they were going, since the frosty one was fast with her tongue but slow with her head. He began his explanation with a nod of his big, black head.

Yes, I'll bring us to the woods, a safe spot for us to practice. It's not far, so I assumed it would be best for you to rest when we arrive there. Now, come on, we don't have all day. He ended with a small smile before turning his head away from her, and trotted towards the safe woods. Not expecting there to be questions on the way or now, he sealed his mouth shut again. He heard the female's footsteps behind him, knowing she was following him.

This the end of the thread. pam pam paaaaam!
A Man with Two Souls