The Sentinels gather round the campfire
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Pack Activity 
pack hunt! hope this is alright as a pack activity! <3 feel free to sit out, not mandatory. (: I'll do a roll after the first roll to see what we catch. This round will end February 2nd!  

It was midmorning and the Sentinels were alive with wildlife; at least as much as they could be in the middle of winter. The newly crowned princess made her way around the borders of the territory, her ears perked as she looked out into the more open land. Not too far off stood a small herd of deer; 3 does, a buck, and a pair of fawns. 

She glanced back to the wolves that had come with her, her tail held higher than any lower ranks as she tested the boundaries of her own. Her posture indicated her rank, even if others were not aware of her promotion. She wasn't trying to seem arrogant, but felt a strange unsettlement with a few wolves in the pack and today was her opportunity to prove to them that she did earn this rank. Her tail flicked. She let out a low chuff of question. She had a plan, but she needed to know if the others were ready. 

"We're going to attempt to herd them together and attack one by one," she instructed lowly. "We'll have to split and move lowly in order to circle them."

i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he was in admiration of the girl, who, despite the dissent following her promotion, coupled with the theatrics of the young man to whom her heart was wed, still stood strong. aria had called the pack to donnelaith's borders upon the promise of a hunt, but he knew it was to solidify her place as their new ruler.

tail waving affably, he soon joined the girl there, nudging her cheek gently before he nodded at her instructions and turned his eyes upon the ignorant herd, awaiting her signal.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Welp!!!!! looks like it's just you and me. Anyone is still welcome to join in.
Going to wait one more round to roll, if that's alright with you!
This round will end Feb 10th.

Lasher touched her cheek in greeting, and Aria gave him a respectful lap on the chin as he placed himself to the side of her. She glanced to him curiously, her tail holding still as she thought. 

"I think we can take down at least one," she informed the small group, staring out into the herd. "I'll head to the right, and you to the left?" she offered, speaking directly to Lasher. She looked to him again, smiling at him with a bit of excitement welling up. Perhaps she'd prove to be successful for the moment, she wasn't sure. But she hoped she could indeed prove something.

(In case others show up!)
Aria then turned her attention to rest. "Try to split into even groups. Half follow Lasher and the others me, we can herd them together and on my go we can attack them. Try for the one's on the side, once we're in position we can signal which ones we're going for," she told them, eyeing them all curiously. 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
sounds good to me!

the others had yet to show themselves, and lasher was rather wondering as to why they had not heeded their beta's call. "certainly," the man murmured, smiling at her before he turned his attention to the milling herd. with only two wolves, a kill was not assured, but perhaps if more of donnelaith joined them, they could be granted a kill.
and i hope that kindness comes your way
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
since this is on the 7th i waffled back and forth on joining - he'd still be pretty tired but he could be a distraction?

tachyon hadn't meant to linger so far behind the group -- they moved at a much brisker pace than his body could accommodate. he was still far from hale -- all the same, he tried his best to keep up with the pack as they trailed a small band of deer.

a pale wolf tachyon didn't know stopped and turned to the group, and tachyon watched lasher for any sort of lead. he elected to swing wide of lasher, trailing behind in a slow gait that would hopefully encourage the herd to group together and flee right into the awaiting jaws of aria and lasher.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
mild powerplay/cameos of tachyon welcome (especially donnelaith members)
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
yay one more! WHOOP sorry forgot to post. Is it okay if we stop having rounds since there's only three of us? (: slight pp? it wasn't really meant that way but it kind of happened 

evens are success and odds are fail! (for aria it will be above 5 evens because she is only one!) 
roll that Aria's side will catch: 2
roll that Lasher's side will catch: 6
 EDIT: aaah! Aria makes no catch with her disadvantage! >:) 

Another arrived, and Aria did not know the name of him. Regardless, she nodded her head in greeting to him before setting off, the male choosing to follow behind Lasher. With her heart racing in excitement, the pale princess stalked low to the ground, slowly making her way towards the herd. She remained alert, her tail stiff but ears perked with caution, using her best judgement not to rush anything or to call it off if anything seemed wrong.

So far so good.

The three had gotten into position and Aria was ready. With the stupid herd now willingly circled, the girl let out a loud bark and struck, signaling her packmates to do the same. Hopefully between the three of them, they would catch something.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
as always feel free to pp tachy

his steel-flecked muzzle swerved from the umber face of the leader to the fine, porcelain features of the female dictating the hunt. he hunkered down between the protective rise of sagebrush, his gaze fastened on the herd ahead. at aria's command the wolf rose and prowled forth at a lurching canter, swinging wide around the sparse ferns in a driving push. his lope served as a distraction -- as the herd turned to look at the sudden disturbance in the snow, their flanks would be open for a cleverly devised attack.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
SORRY

tachyon joined them, and lasher gave the newest member of donnelaith a nod before he too fell into step behind aria. the murkwater eyes of the man followed the trajectory of the pale sylph and her slinking counterpart -- waiting a moment to appreciate their respective approaches to the hunting, he launched himself toward the spooked deer, cutting with his eyes a yearling doe from the herd.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
I keep forgetting this is here eck my bad

Aria grabbed a tight hold on her deer, but was flung off easily with no back up on her side. Struggling to get onto her feet as she slid through the mushy snow, the deer ran off. When she raised, shaking her fur, Tachyon and Lasher had appeared to make contact, and she stood anxiously as she waited to see if they would bring it down or not. Her tail was held high and straight, but the girl panted noticeably from the struggle she put up.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
tachyon followed the murkwater gaze of the alpha -- which had landed on a juvenile doe that had split from the herd in a panic. in an open field they would be no match for her athleticism -- but between the tangle of tussocks they could overcome her before she gained speed and momentum. the pale man burst forth from the snow with a growl, snapping at the doe as she clambered in blind fear away from his assault. she would likely be too panicked by aria's last attempt to see lasher before her and he hoped between the two of them they could overcome her easily.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
aria was flung aside, but rolled wide to avoid the sharp hooves of her own quarry. lasher had leveled his gaze upon the doe and lunged for her even as tachyon sought to terrify her further. this allowed the alpha enough momentum to find her stride with his own, to slash deeply into the straining muscularity of her shoulder.

blood spattered brightly the snow as she gave a wail of torment, fear allowing the doe a speed she had not yet attained. and lasher let himself slow then; she was wounded, and his kind would follow for many lengths of land an injured prey animal. they need only follow her until she ran herself into a wall of exhaustion.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
The doe was hit, but escaped wounded. She began to follow along with the other two, her strides wide and graceful. Lasher did the same, and she assumed Tachyon had followed. In this moment she passed the leadership to Lasher, nuzzling his shoulder and falling just behind him.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
the doe escaped, but not unscathed. tachyon watched as brilliant crimson sprung from her hide and stained the snow in bright cherry droplets. her wound would eventually tax her, if the blood loss did not. he watched her for a moment before dropping behind aria and lasher. he was not as quick as either, and would follow up as the othismos to their brigade -- a menacing, lurking predator that used teeth as spears should the doe falter.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
her touch to his shoulder caused the druid to smile, and they traveled in a single-file line; he before, aria to the middle, and tachyon to the rear, their bodies casting long shadows upon the pristine snow. at length, he saw the form of their quarry, having slowed in her mad flight away from them.

the druid loped to meet her, stride gathering power as he prepared for what he hoped would be the killing strike.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria followed with, her heart beating with half embarrassment from missing her kill and half anger in herself for missing it. She knew that this was Lasher's and Tachyon's kill now, but she planned on being just as helpful. They grew closer, catching up to their now-suspecting prey, and then copied Lasher's actions and lunged with him. 
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
slight PP saying they hit? is that ok?

he watched as the two before him split, one after the other towards the unfortunate doe. tachyon surged into a tired lope, conserving the last of his energy for the final blow. the snow by now was permanently altered by their passing -- footprints and blood mingled and the site was turned a washed pink as the doe fell with two wolves atop her. tachyon slipped in behind her, clamping his jaws around the back of her neck to subdue her and force her downward. soon the three of them would finally taste the fruit of their efforts -- but for now, tachyon was intent on keeping the doe down to eliminate any injury to his comrades.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
fine by me!

she was felled by the trio of glen-wolves who bit at the dew of their blood and churned the pink snow into a melted morass that mired their prey fast. lasher slashed at her throat, at the straining shoulder; with aria and tachyon to hold her down, the alpha sought the jugular, but held back at the last. it was aria's hunt, therefore her kill; with lolled tongue he waited.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
ffs i am the worst. if i forget about this damn post one more time i'm going to lose it. wrap it up soon?

Aria understood the situation, and gave a brief nod to her alpha before she went in for the kill. She snapped harshly at the throat of the dumb beast. It splashed around her white coat and into the white snow, warming her paws as it landed on them. She held tightly as the thing wriggled momentarily beneath their heavy grasp, but it soon went limp. The pale princess raised her head, smiling to Lasher and then Tachyon, her tail wagging behind her. Her pink tongue grazed itself softly across her scarlet lips, white eyes shining. 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
gonna fade this

they reveled in the kill and fell to eating, soon carrying off pieces of the carcass for blue willow and to cache.