The Bracken Woods A Shady Guy
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
For either @Lunae or @Goliath. Or both, to spice things up a little more

The tan wolf set up in a dark part of the woods. Snacking on a lone bird that dived too low. All it had taken was a snap of his jaws upwards, and that was enough to bring the flyer down with a clipped wing. The price of acting out dangerous acts. He laid under a log, his forepaws holding his meal down. After each bite, he spat out the feathers. They were too soft for his mouth. 

Every now and then, he would hear a sudden sound of something, and his head would perk up like a grazing deer, swivelling around, his ears pointing up to the sky trying to pinpoint the sound. Then his eyes would find the culprit to be some small woodland creature scurrying by, and he went back to feasting. He needed energy for his plans in these Wilds.
Tricky Trickster Trickles Tricks
Free for any threads...if you dare.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Hungry, Goliath had been taking longer and longer treks away from pack territory. He was searching for a lake, stream, river, anything that could sustain him with more food. He always wanted more. He could always be bigger. He caught site of a dense forest, and without any further thought, treaded deeper into the darkened woods.

He caught smell of many things, most which were too fast for him to catch. If he played his cards right, he could find a stream passing through, or maybe a nest of birds which he could knock down from a tree. He shuffled his large body through bushes and what-not, only to catch a strong, disgusting scent. For a second, he thought it was the nasty scent of a wolverine, a bear, maybe a badger, but no.. It was neither, with reassurance, he could tell it was the unforgettable scent of a lone wolf. 

Readying himself for atleast some conflict, he followed it. More practice with violence would make a better Goliath.
For those who don't know, Goliath's thread titles are bible passages, since his name, (note, not the entire being) is indeed based off the religous character 
   [Image: warrior.gif] 5/10

[Image: gamekeeper.gif] ?/5

PM me if up for any threads revolving trades ^-^
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The tan wolf savored every bite of the bird's flesh. Every crunch of it's small bones. A mass of feathers laid around his front. He could still hear the urgent calls and shrieks it gave off as it had fallen from the air. And he enjoyed it all. But something disturbed his meal. A scent of something nearby. No time was needed to find out what it was, as he already recognized it well. 

His head whipped up, his tongue coming out and licking along his chops. Then, he stood in a low, crouched position as he tried to find out the angle it came from. He had a few seconds to move, so he acted fast by scampering up with his small form on top of the log. It creaked slightly, but held his lightweight body. The log was not too high, so it provided a good place to leap from if he needed a quick escape. But first, he would see who this was. A taunting smile spread from each end of his lip to the other.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Say, if they don't fight - would this still count to his mercenary thread for like, hunting/tracking people or something? x,D
Keeping his head low, he traversed slowly. The usual sounds of the forest felt like they dulled away. It was as though all the critters were holding their breath. Goliath's paws were the only thing that could be distinguished as a noise. It was either the deep crunch of snow or the high-pitched crackles of small twigs being snapped; it was a satisfying noise, but it didn't help his motive.

His eyes narrowed, he continued to follow the scent. His large body rumbling along. It was rather eerie, the shivers of light and sounds could play tricks on anyone. The blanket of snow was covering the roots and rocks hidden underneath - thus if he would fall, it could end badly.  

It was when the woods started to dense that he caught a sight of the animal. An absurd creature - he thought. He wasn't very fond of coyotes, nor half-breeds. Whichever wolf was crazy enough to breed with a coyote was sick. Without further thinking, dumb Goliath shouts Halt! before galloping towards the spot. He would want to investigate - maybe not fight, but at least see why this coyote-wolf bastard was here.
For those who don't know, Goliath's thread titles are bible passages, since his name, (note, not the entire being) is indeed based off the religous character 

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
hmm..i'm not sure. maybe he can pull him down? you have my permission. just no killing, please. unless you want this to go to the hunter trade i see. then the tracking thing could work 

Judas didn't have to wait long before the one who followed his scent found him. He obliged to the order, even though he was already doing so, and just laid there, his tail sweeping from side to side along the log. He looked over to the wolf to see a muscular build. Definitely not someone he wanted to tussle with. He stretched out his forelegs in a non-caring way, as if forgetting the very presence of the wolf. Then, turned his attention to it.

"Looking for something?" He watched the wolf closely, just waiting for him to make a sudden move. His eyes occasionally drifting to see if he had allies nearby. If he did, there would be no escape. At all. His plans, everything would be all for nothing.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
No worries, :3 

He grunted, the wolf before him seemed foul and lazy. No wonder, a member of any pack would be alert. Instead, this loner spoke to him in an air of nonchalance. Goliath, in his hive-mind rhythm, replied firm and stoic. 

You. he growled. He kept his tail firm in dominance, and tried making himself look more imposing. Taking each step slowly, Goliath began to circle the log on which the lone wolf stood upon, one paw at a time. He analyzed this one, only to see scars on his back and legs. It was rather surprising, as from the other side the wolf seemed neat and trimmed, not battle-worn. 

Scars, why? he said in his broken and heavily accented speech. Whatever way the suspect took it, he could always reply with force. The circle began to grow smaller, until he was an arms reach away. One wrong answer during this "Interview" and Goliath would clutch him into his grasp.

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas rolled his eyes with a quiet chuff. His tail swept to the other side as he rolled his eyes back. Either he had just stumbled into pack territory without realizing, or this wolf was looking for a fight. Or, in worse-case scenario, was a cannibal. He silently hoped it to be the second, for if it was a fight they wanted..it was a fight they were not going to get. At least, that' how he planned it. But first, he had to try his smooth talk. "And why would someone want to smell me out? I mean, I don't think I'm that special, right?" he asked. The only time someone had come to seek him out in the middle of nowhere was for revenge. Just in case, he threw in another question. If the answer he feared came, he would bolt like all the times he had before."Have we met?"

He cast a glance at his rear. And silently cursed. He didn't show off his rear to others in case they were cautious. And he had done so to this wolf. But his words, he laced with a touch of innocence. "Oh, these? Guess you could say my rear is quite appetizing...You don't think that, right?" He quirked an eye ridge in a peculiar way as to hint at the hidden meaning there.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Goliath kept circling him, but the wolf here didn't seem to understand his intentions. Grunting, he told him, No, Goliath never meet. slowly, watching his words, he continued You Coyote.. he hoped Goliath sounded as serious as it was in his head. He tried marking any key weaknesses, but it was hard to keep a glance on him for too long.

Disgust... he hissed, if the wolf before him meant that other males took him on, he had no desire to receive any more details. Shaking his head, he quickly replied Goliath want no part that. he explained, this wolf might just be joking, but either way, he really did not want to dwell on those topics.

421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
This one was smart, and observant. It was rare for another to see the coyote side of him. Then again, that was easy to see from behind. And there was relief that they had not met before. But then it made him question why he would hunt him. But Judas did not ask, having known that asking one's objective could lead to them acting it out right away. He shuffled awkwardly on the log, trying not to meet the other's eyes.

Although, he did grin to himself at the other's reply to his remark. And it also gave some insight to what he wanted. He obviously didn't like coyotes. He shifted his gaze without moving his head, while giving a few last words, "Well. It's obvious you don't like me. So...bye!" With that, he shot along the log, aiming to get away as quickly as possible. Spraying fragments of dead wood in his wake, his tail under him as to avoid it getting caught.