Blackfeather Woods You have to see this
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist

Kendra wanted to do something with her brother today. He had not seen the chamber with the dye yet. Their mother's keep. It smelled a bit of her, she noticed. Or well, in the chamber close by to it, there were old smells of her father and another scent. She figured it was her mother's. She didn't dare to enter it seeing that she didn't want her scent to stain it. It had been the alpha den before her father relocated them. "Pietro," she spoke after waking up. "I want to show you something! I bet you like it!," she offered to him. She wanted to show it to him maybe then he would have more appreciation for what she did with the plants seeing that their mother liked them too.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
The Pied Piper of Hamelin
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro lifted his eyes and laid his soft, sleepy eyes on her own. "Mhmm." he yawned before the tall boy stood up. He walked over to Kendra, and licked her cheek softly. "Where do you want to go?" he said letting his tail wag a bit. Hopefully it was something to do with plants so he could try and make her happy. He needed to make up for being rude a while ago, by acting like he was interested, all for the good of his sister.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra quirked up her lips. "Well! I want to show you mom's keep! She did all her plants things there!," she explained excitedly. The girl climbed out of the den and let Pietro follow her for once. She moved to the entrance into the tunnels below. "Follow me we will take a short cut underground," she explained to him. "Stay close okay?"

"The cool thing is though," she chatted, "You know how I learned to make dye right? The red one. Well I was thinking I found some purple plants, lavender, and some blue berries. I could make purple dye and then I can give you a cool paw print like dad!!," she offered to him, feeling all excited that she could give him a little gift!

Kendra moved through the tunnels making sure that her bother was close, they were still young enough to walk next to each other after all. The girl trotted forward, light on her feet.
Peculiar Little Thing
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro was surprised Kendra knew about their mother. "How do you know it's moms?" he asked, obviously confused. He did follow her without hesitation, which he didn't mind much. "Yeah, I would like that a lot." he confessed. He followed closer behind her, looking around for 'danger' while Kendra continued to take to the lead. He was slightly surprised his sister knew so much about plants, it gave him a lot more respect for his sister. She should also take a breather every once in a while, for her own health.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra rushed through the tunnels with Pietro in tow. "Nemesis told me when I was playing there," she explained. Their mother had been good with herbs too after all. She never had been a Naturalist though, she had been a healer. Kendra was more interested in plants and how they worked to her use in general. She was not that keen on being a healer, that was more... Venus thing. She ended up taking a right entering the keep. She looked around proudly, having everything neatly arranged and less free of dust. She had also made a bed, or was making one from moss, it was big enough for her now, but she wanted to make it bigger, maybe for Pietro. The bed was also for Adults so they could come here and be helped when needed. "I might go live here when I'm older. There is also another chamber up ahead that smells of daddy and another wolf, it is old. I think it is mom," she explained to her brother. "But first ... Purple dye!," she grinned, letting Pietro look around the chamber. "Don't touch anything okay?"
Peculiar Little Thing
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro listened to his sister carefully. He really wished his mother could be with them physically. He couldn't reverse anything, their mother had passed. He knew what she looked like, a bit. If he was asked to describe her, all he could mention was her black pelt and thief identical eyes. He wanted to asked his father about his mother, but he thought it was forbidden. A thought popped into his mind, as he looked around to make sure no one was there. "Kendra, who do you think we saw lying dead in Redgrove that time when I got lost?" he said, his face was deadly serious, and his voice squeaked a bit. "Do you think that might have been mom?" he said, looking deep into her eyes. He tried to connect the dots, the skull had teeth of a wolf, and the death smell was dampened much. The bits of hide and fur left were black like the night. Of course, he theory could be absolutely crazy, but maybe it was worth pointing out to his sister, so she could rack her brain for answers. He walked closer to her, avoiding objects, per request of her. Why would no one talk about who the one lie dead in the place red as blood?
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra was instantly at the dip in the ground and started to gather her items. She needed the blueberries and the lavender. When she was about to grab the rock Pietro asked her something. It made her think for a moment. She turned to her brother with a curious look. "I don't know? Do you think it was her?," she wondered. It would make sense why Nemesis had been so stiff in telling them things and why her father hadn't wanted them to go there. "And if she was our mother well... then... Um. I don't know? It is just weird that she is gone forever. I wish we could have known her," Kendra admitted to her brother before starting to make the dye.

She grabbed the rock and started to smash her ingredients together until it was a thick paste. The consistency was a bit different because of the berry juice in there but over all Kendra was pretty happy with the results. She placed the rock on its side and then turned to Pietro. "Ready?," she asked and then placed her paw in the dye. "Do you want the red mark like Daddy and Nem?," she curiously wondered. "Do you know what it means? Did Dad tell you?"
Peculiar Little Thing
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro nodded. "I do think that was mom Ken," he said with a confused expression. "Yeah, I guess she is gone." he said sadly. An idea popped into his head. "Hey! After this, grab some of the lavender, because it's pretty, and let's go put in near her to say our goodbyes!" he exclaimed, very excited. He didn't fully know what the mark meant, but for the most part he knew. "I think it resembles strength, and only a few wolves that have earned it can have one." he said before cocking his head. "Yes please. Just like daddy's." he smiled.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked at Pietro with a surprised expression when he knew the name of the plant she just used. Had she told him about it? She didn't think so? How did her brother know this? He wasn't really a fan of plants was he? The girl quickly recovered and then scrunched up her nose. "I don't know," she commented. "Dad didn't want us to go there. What if he finds out? We should talk to him about this and that we want to know about her."

Kendra then smiled as her brother told her that it was probably about strength. She nodded. It had to be. All the strong wolves had them. It was probably the wolves that her father liked best! Kendra limped forward, holding her paw up so no paint would be on the floor and then pressed it against her brother's shoulder. After a few moments she pulled her paw off and watched the perfect mark of her paw. "You look so cool!!!," she exclaimed.
Peculiar Little Thing
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro caught her expression. "What?" he asked. His sister has talked about lavender before, he wasn't stupid, and he really tried to listen to her. "Kendra, we could just be really quick, but I guess we could ask dad, but if he says no I'm going to fight it! I want to see mom." he said sternly.

When his sister placed her paw on his shoulder, he stood perfectly still. When she took it off, he whipped his head down to his shoulder. It was so amazing, he stood in awe for a moment. He turned back to his sister and walked forward to give her a few licks on her cheek. "Thank you thank you thank you Kendra!" he yelped in between licks.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked at her brother. "How do you know about Lavender?," she asked. She couldn't remember telling him about it. Oh well. The girl then stepped forward and shook her head. "Pietro. Why would you fight father? Fighting isn't always the option. Tactic also plays a role. If we point out to him that we came to him instead of going behind his back I'm sure he will appreciate it. You know how father is with his loyalty and all that," she offered to him on a calm tone. "It would also help you in the future seeing that dad would trust us," she explained and looked at him with a serious expression.

She started giggling when Pietro started to lick her cheek and thank her. "You're welcome," she smiled and licked him back. The dark girl looked at her older brother and sat down, proud of herself. She briefly stayed quiet. "Trust me on this. I think I am starting to know how father works. I can get him to take us to mother. I'm sure of it. Everyone has something that makes them obey you even dad," she pointed out. Meldresi's cunning side showing in her youngest daughter.
Peculiar Little Thing
128 Posts
Ooc —
He laughed gently. "Oh Kendra, you talk a lot about herbs. You have described it before." he said, but quickly forgetting the subject. "Kendra, if I want to see my mother, then I hope he woul understand. He doesn't have to see her if he doesn't want to, I can go on my own, but I never got to say goodbye. I never understood death. If fighting for this, means I get to see my mother for a certain amount of time, this will be the most respected fight I will make. I would gladly talk to him first, but if he says no, I will find someway to say goodbye, even if I can't see her." he said.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra let out a long sigh. She shook her head when Pietro was being his stubborn. "You don't understand what I've been saying," she let out with a sigh. "But be stubborn. You don't need to fight about it, you just need to ask that not because he will say no or yes but because then he knows we think about him before going there," she pointed out. But she knew her brother might not listen to her. So she decided that she should seek out her father before he would do anything stupid. "I gotta go," she spoke and then quickly rushed off.

-thread end-
Peculiar Little Thing