The Sentinels and our souls they blend
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
All Welcome 
Looking for a mommy-daughter thread! :) @Blue Willow

Ever since she'd found out about Dante's breathing issues, she'd vowed to help him. The first step in that was to help Aria get some honeycomb from her mother's healing den, which she hoped was alright. While her mother always said it was okay for her to use whatever was in there, Eilidh had made herself a smaller den nearby to keep stores of her own herbs, so she wasn't always taking her mother's herbs. Even though she had given the honey to Aria for Dante, she worried for him. So today, after sorting through her own herbs and coming up short, the golden princess decided it was time to ask her mother for help.

"Mamma?" she asked softly, pausing outside the den. She knew her mother was nearby if she wasn't inside, since she wouldn't leave the girls for long or go very far from them. The yearling waited patiently for her mother's presence, but knew that if she didn't show, someone would be there to visit with her, and she'd have to find her mother another day.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had heard of Osprey' sickness and Dantes, though for some reason she kept missing them. She hoped that the aspiring healers around her were tending to her dear friends when she couldn't. Today was no different she was searching for any sign of green foliage yet. She always began this search as Spring began to circle over head. Today yet again there was nothing, but it had been a refreshing break. She trotted back to the den and smiled when she saw their oldest daughter waiting for her.

Hello Eilidh! How are you today? SHe brushed her muzzle against their daughter nicely, and licked her cheek. Then she settled to her haunches and waited, a smile on her face and her eyes bright and cheery.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
It didn't take long for her mother to arrive. Eilidh smiled as Blue Willow greeted her, and the girl bounded over to her and licked her chin lovingly. It wasn't often they were able to spend time together alone, and she relished every moment. "Hi Mamma! I'm good. How are you and the girls?" The yearling was unaware that her mother knew about Dante's sickness, so she didn't know how to approach the subject. After a few more pleasantries, she said, "Mamma, I've been meaning to come to you about something. I have a friend who's been sick for a long time. I looked through all my herbs, but I can't think of what might help."

She sat down beside her mother, wondering if she'd be able to tell who she was talking about. She made a deal with Dante that she wouldn't tell Blue Willow unless she couldn't figure it out, and even now that she was at that point, Eilidh felt strange betraying his trust. The girl wasn't sure she would want everyone knowing her business, even if it was only to help her in the long run. "I came by to see if you could help me figure it out."
Trades
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled at the girls fond lick, and gave her one of her own as well as a small nuzzle, taking in her scent. We are fine. They grow larger every day. Though sometimes I feel I am remiss in my other duties for it. It is a good thing that I am no longer the only healer. Blue smiled then, adn though she was extremely proud, she also felt a small pang of something that she couldn't quite figure out. There had been a time long ago, that she had spoke to Perry of losing her worth if more healers were to crop up, but she would never dissuade any from doing so.

Blue looked at her daughter and sighed. So many secrets in such a small pack. I do not like it, but let me think. You will of course have to tell me his or her symptoms and how long they've been going on. Sometimes though to Eilidh, we can only do so much. Perhaps this is a sickness we can't heal, but please tell me about it.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
If Eilidh ever knew her mother's feelings about her own worth, she would have been heartbroken. Eilidh knew her mother's knowledge was indispensable to the pack, especially to the young healers learning from her, and Blue Willow should never feel less of a healer because she was sharing her duties. That was how a pack was made stronger, how the strength of one was multiplied by combining many. Thankfully, Eilidh didn't know her mother's feelings on the matter, and could simply enjoy hearing about her younger sisters. "You're not remiss in your duties, Mamma. You're teaching me!" she wagged her tail happily behind her hocks, blissfully unaware of her mother's underlying jealousy.

"I'm not trying to keep secrets, Mamma. I promised my friend I'd try to figure it out on my own first, and I just haven't been able to." Eilidh bit her lip, unsure if she should mention that it was Dante who was sick. Maybe, after she explained the symptoms, she could reveal who it was. "The symptoms are coughing, with some wheezing, and fatigue. Symptoms seem worse in the morning and ease during the day. Appetite seems normal." She sighed, wondering if she should just tell her, but figured it wouldn't hurt to keep the secret for a moment or two longer. "I treated with rest and a bit of honeycomb to soothe the throat, but I'm worried about the wheezing. Lungs sounded crackly." Eilidh peered at her mother, twin emerald gazes meeting, and waited.
Trades
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'm sorry i've been working so much lately :(

Blue Willow had been feeling morose in a lot of her duties lately. It was nothing that she would admit to anyone, and she was certain that she would be able to get over it. She just needed to move around more. Be more readily available for others. She smiled at her daughter and chuckled, Yes I am.

Blue frowned at the explanation and settled to her haunches. What could she offer her daughter that she hadn't already tried. That is a quandary. let me think for a moment. Blue frowned again thinking. She would need to treat all the separate symptoms, but could she mix up some of the herbs with others to do so, or would it be very bad? Okay try Lavender for the fatique. Some licorice for the cough. And also plaster a poultice of lavender and Star Anise on the outside of your friends chest at night before they go to sleep for a few days. It will hopefully help to clear out the airway.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh listened to her mother's instructions, nodding as she stored each bit of information away. It was times like these that Eilidh felt unsure of herself as a healer, when her knowledge was lacking. And while she grew more confident and more capable every day, Blue Willow would always be the main healer of their pack, while Eilidh as her apprentice. Thank you, Mamma. I'll try those. Eilidh stepped forward and kissed her mother's cheek. Then, as an afterthought, she asked, Is there anything else to try if the licorice doesn't work?

They spent some few minutes discussing their options before Eilidh parted her mother with a kiss and went in search of the herbs she'd instructed Eilidh to use. The honey-kissed girl only hoped it would be enough to clear Dante's lungs.
Trades